Jump to content

Showing results for tags 'transferring'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • The Consumer Forums: The Mall
    • Welcome to the Consumer Forums
    • FAQs
    • Forum Rules - Please read before posting
    • Consumer Forums website - Post Your Questions & Suggestions about this site
    • Helpful Organisations
    • The Bear Garden – for off-topic chat
  • CAG Community centre
    • CAG Community Centre Subforums:-
  • Consumer TV/Radio Listings
    • Consumer TV and Radio Listings
  • CAG Library - Please register
    • CAG library Subforums
  • Banks, Loans & Credit
    • Bank and Finance Subforums:
    • Other Institutions
  • Retail and Non-retail Goods and Services
    • Non-Retail subforums
    • Retail Subforums
  • Work, Social and Community
    • Work, Social and Community Subforums:
  • Debt problems - including homes/ mortgages, PayDay Loans
    • Debt subforums:
    • PayDay loan and other Short Term Loans subforum:
  • Motoring
    • Motoring subforums
  • Legal Forums
    • Legal Issues subforums


  • News from the National Consumer Service
  • News from the Web


  • A Say in the Life of .....
  • Debt Diaries

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start




Found 16 results

  1. Hi, I haven't had to use the forum for a while as when I did the advice and guidance I received was fantastic and resolved my problem. However, new year, new problem! I took a company to court last year and won the case! The problem is that the company closed down the business and opened again next door and under a new name. I contacted the sheriff's office and a local solicitor to be told that I can transfer the debt but I must find out the owner's name of both companies. I've tried and tried to get it, but as it's not a limited company I can't get the name of the owners and nobody I contact will give me it (due to data protection). Can you help/advise how I can get this and what I should do? Do you need any other info from me? Any help gratefully received. Best Regards
  2. Debt management bosses banned after transferring half-a-million from own companies READ MORE HERE: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/debt-management-bosses-banned-after-transferring-half-a-million-from-own-companies
  3. Sent my appeal off with some brief details of why i was appealing , Had a Letter from DWP confirming that they received my appeal, and about how much ESA i will get until it's heard, But so far over 1mth since requesting the full written statement of the Atos wca Form IB /ESA85, But so far i have not been sent it, The person that i recently spoke with from DWP ,Confirmed that they could see that i had previously requested it, but could not understand why i had not yet received it, What can be done to force them to supply this info,(assuming it actually exists) ?
  4. Hi all, first post here! thanks in advance for any advice. I'm going to be trading in my car for another used car. I have a private plate on my current car and want to transfer it to the one I'm buying. I see this can now be done online, but I'm confused about the 2nd part.. I'll take the number off my existing car using the online forms, and get a confirmation number that I can use to put it onto the other vehicle. But do I need to wait for the log book for the new vehicle to be posted off and come back in my name BEFORE i do the online process to put the number onto the next car? Or can I put the number onto the next car, entering the dealerships details into the online form. They then post off the log book with a change of ownership? Just worried about losing my number! Thanks
  5. Is there any way of transferring or copying pictures from a cd That has music playing along side the pictures it's actually a wedding cd and would like if possible to have the pics that are on it. Tills x
  6. HI. I put on a claim to transfer part of my tax allowance to my husband as I'm not in full time employment and haven't been since having my first child 13 years ago. From what I can gather this will be back dated for three tax years, the current one included and should be for just over £200 per tax year? My husband received a cheque today for tax year 2015/2016 only and for the amount of £122, much less than expected. He's consistently been in full time employment so not sure how they've come to this conclusion, also will the other years be worked out separately, would that be the normal way of doing this? Thanks Lisa
  7. Hello all it has been a while since I posted here. I have had a loan wth GE money that has been in force for a number of years. I just recieved a letter from GE Money stating that the Loan is going to be transferred to Elderbridge Ltd. They state that in the terms and conditions of my loan with them that there is consent to transfer. I am trying to find the paperwork. But was wondering as a general point if this could an opportunity to free myself from this arrangement. We have been only paying minimum amounts and its taking an age to pay them off. As always any advice or thoughts would be very welcome. regards Kevinski
  8. Hi, My grandchild will turn 16 next January and we assume he'll be transferred from DLA to PIP. I've read on various forums that the PIP forms are sent out a year in advance, but his mother hasn't received them yet. He's on indefinite DLA. Should his mother request the forms just now or just leave things as they are and wait and see whether the forms will get sent out. We live in Scotland. Thanks in advance for any info.
  9. With bailiff enforcement, goods belonging to the debtor become 'bound' from a certain date (more on this later). In simple terms, this means that unless the person who acquired the goods did so in 'good faith' .....for 'valuable consideration' and most importantly; 'without knowing about a warrant' then the transfer or sale will not be considered valid and accordingly, the goods (mainly a motor vehicle) can be seized by the enforcement agent. It is becoming a very common situation indeed for debtors to attempt to 'sell' (or transfer) a car to a friend, partner of relative after receiving correspondence or a visit from an enforcement company and given the frequency that this is happening, enforcement companies are naturally requiring 'evidence' of the 'sale'. By way of an example, the following is an ongoing case that was posted on a very large social media site on 5th February: Background: Mother found guilty of obstructing a High Court Enforcement Officer...told by Judge to expect to be sent to prison. - Bailiffs and Enforcement Industry - General discussions - Consumer Action Group The poster stated that she had received a visit from a bailiff representing Marston Group in relation to one penalty charge notice. She confirmed that she knew of the debt. She refused to speak with the enforcement agent and as a consequence, her vehicle was clamped. Given that the vehicle cannot be removed unless a period of two hours has passed, the enforcement agent left the property. She was encouraged to deflate the tyre on her car and remove the wheel clamp. She did so. Stunningly, she then posted on the site to ask whether it was true that if she took the clamp to the police station, that she would not be prosecuted !!! It would seem that she was another person who believed JasonDWB's (The Guru's) inaccurate theory. She was told to move her car and keep it hidden. The following day, (February 6th) she posted that the enforcement agent had located her car. It was removed to the vehicle pound and the debt has significantly increased by way of the sale stage fee of £110 and she is now also being charged storage fees.
  10. How to go about transferring Jobseekers claim from one place to another ? I am currently in London and wish to transfer the claim back to my original city of York. My next "sign-on" day will be 05/04/16, will I be able to transfer before then without it affecting my claim, or will I have to wait ? Thanks for any advice
  11. Hi, I'd really welcome any advice. I have a mortgage account with GE, it has a SPO on it. We've not missed a payment in 2 years. I received a letter today telling me that my account ownership was transferred last week to Engage Credit. Is this just me or all mortgages? Do I still have arrears? Any advice greatly received. I've trawled the internet and found nothing of any interest. Thanks, Jan.
  12. Is it true that translation is needed as with translation the stamp of certification by the french insurer is not included, which is required for authenticity. Does anyone know the method of transference procedure or had this experience?
  13. good evening, I have employed the services of a HCEO to recover money owed to me by my former property management company. The company paid a % of the debt and entered into a payment plan. They have since failed pay anymore money and are not responding to letters/telephone/visits from the HCEO. Any suggestions as to what i can do to progress this any further and faster?
  14. When I left my old flat (in the same road I'm in now incidentally, a few doors along, the old one's waiting to be refurbed or demolished), there was £281 owing on the bill by their reckoning. Around £400 had been in dispute but they'd sent some of it off to a debt collector who'd written me a nasty letter or two then gone quiet. This was maybe three/four years ago. The rest of the debt (or alleged debt, depending on your viewpoint) was simply carried forwards on the bill and I paid every month the amount I thought they should have. In November two years ago I mived to a different flat in the same road. The leccy here was supplied by EDF but I changed it to BG as EDF didn't do a discount scheme for disableds. I've received occasional emails from a debt collection company about this alleged debt since I've been at the new address. I ignore them, life goes on Now today I get a letter from BG saying they're transferring the debt from the old account at my old address to my account one here. Can they do that? There's no problems paying the bills here, I should point out, I'm not in arrears or anything. On Noddle it says late payment against my old account but my account here's fine. The old one only got in arrears when a relative of the landlady's moved into the flat upstairs from me there there and my leccy bills went through the roof. The flats were conversions from an old, old property and eveerything was a bit higgledy-piggledy. When he left, my bills went back to normal. Go figure, eh? This went to court without my knowing and I lost. BG sent the boys round to change the meter for a PAYG one with what they said was a warrant but I refused to let them in and showed them my CPAP device, an electrically-powered device which assists me with breathing when I'm asleep. On seeing that they went away. I managed to get BG to put me on the cheap tariff they had for disableds after that incident, managed to get it in writing. Aapart from a few dumb emails, since then there's been nothing and today I get a letter saying they're adding the bill from my old flat to my bills for the new one. So, can they do that? Some might be wondering how BG could take me to court, which involves advising me first, without my knowing. Simples, they bombarded me with threatening letters saying more or less the same thing, bad things would happen unless I paid up etc. which were all similarly formatted. After you've read a few, you've read them all. I just glanced at them and filed them after a while. Then they sent one which appeared the same as all the others but when I went back to look at it later it did actually have a court date in it. Sneaky, huh? can they add this amount from the old account at the old address to my new bill and account here? You have to wonder why they didn't do it before if that is the case.
  15. Good morning all. Hope this is the right place to ask this...... Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to transfer a pay monthly Vodafone mobile phone contract into another persons name (personal account not a business one). I've had a bit of a look on their website and can see info about transferring a personal account to business and business to personal but nothing seems to be mentioned about personal to personal. Thanks very much
  16. My father has died and the joint property needs to pass in title to my mother. There is already a good chain of title with two conveyances dating back to early 1960s and a good abstract of title so it would seem that all that is needed is a transfer of title from him to her. Is there a standard form of deed that can be executed under seal to do this? Are the parties the executors of.... as transferor and the wife as transferee. It sounds easy to do without a solicitor but where can you get the deed? Would there be any advantage in registering this as registered land at the same time?
  • Create New...