Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About lisadp1970

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. Hi Not sure this is the correct place to post this so apologies if not. I arranged for my car to be collected for scrap through a company called removemycar.co.uk, who are rated very highly. A local salvage company contacted me and arranged to collect the vehicle on the Friday (14th) and the payment of £148 would be transferred to my bank the same day by BACS. When the car was collected the man left a receipt also stating on it the price and how it was to be paid and advised that once he was back with the car the payment would be processed. No payment has been made yet and all I'm getting is excuse after excuse. First it was "the payment went through on Friday by BACS" Called my bank to check on Monday and they couldn't see any payment waiting to go into my account. Called them back "oh the girl who does the payments is off sick today but it will be done by instant transfer tomorrow (Tuesday)" so they obviosly lied to me about it being paid on friday Tuesday came no payment by the end of the day. Spoke to them today, "oh we've been having problems today but it will definitely be getting paid into your account within the next hour" as of yet nothings gone in and so it goes on. How would I pursue this if my worst fears are correct and they're trying to pull a fast one and not pay me? I have the email from the removemycar website confirming the amount to be paid, plus the receipt from the salvage company, but who do I go to to chase my money? Feeling very annoyed by it all as the salvage company has great reviews yet for some reason are just taking me for a mug
  2. Hi I'm posting this on behalf of a friend who is at the end of her tether regarding the treatment she is receiving from the local Council. Long story short, she has been placed in temporary accomodation along with her 5 kids aged 2-14, having had to leave the emergency accomodation she was put in after her senile old father threw her and the kids out on the street one night. The house has the bog standard set up of front door, back door from lounge to the garden and a side door. She has only been given keys to the front door meaning she has very difficult access to the garden, but what worries her most is if there was a fire or they had to get out the property quickly the only way out is the front door which wouldn't be much use if that was blocked by a fire. She spoke to a woman at the council this morning who in a nutshell said "oh well we try not to give keys out to the back doors you'll just have to manage and if you had to escape you'd just have to try and get out the window instead"!!!! Surely this can't be right? If she's paying rent to stay in a property surely she has the right to access and exit it through all it doors? Any advice appreciated as they talk to her as though she's some kind of ****** chavvy single Mum which she's far from being. Thanks
  3. Hi Asking for a friend Can someone please confirm that a straightforward passport renewal doesn't need a counter signature. There's no change of name or much change to appearance so from what I can see just need to fill forms out and supply new pictures? They've got an appointment at the passport office on Wednesday so just want to make sure everything is correct before travelling up there. Thanks
  4. Its with Equita. The car is a 54 plate Peugeot 206 and not in great condition. I have emailed the council today pointing out I refuse to give the Bailiffs anything and the situation with my children etc, But I wanted to know where I stand in regards to whether my car is seen as being vital so cannot be seized
  5. Hi Can someone please advise whether my car is exempt from being seized by Bailiffs for a debt of £1700 when it's only worth about £400-£500. It's also vital as my role as carer for my two autistic children, it's not an official disability car but I'm their registered carer and need it to take them to appointments and to and from school as public transport is a no go due to their condition. As I understand vehicles with a value less that £1350 that are needed for work are exempt, does my role as a carer put me in this category? Thanks Lisa
  6. Thank you, I might as well wait a few more weeks and save myself a tenner Would the following details be sufficient: - My full name and D.O.B My ex husbands full name and D.O.B Address which was repossessed Dates mortgage ran from/to
  7. Hello I need to make a Subject Access Request to NRAM regarding the house repossession we went through back in 2011. I've looked on their website and it's very vague what I need to include. The mortgage and property was joint with my ex husband so does he have to agree to me doing this? I need these details urgently as my local council won't let me go on their housing register until I can prove the house was repossessed and not sold for profit. Thanks for any help Lisa
  8. It was the Council who refused the £20 a month and even though they have a LO it wasn't the court that set this amount this was what myself and the council came to an agreement over
  9. In relation to my previous posts I did follow up on the advice given which has led to the Council requesting a financial statement, which brings me on to this query. As for not continuing with the payments, the council flatly refused to accept the £20 a month and advised me that I had to deal with the Bailiff company, to which I told them no as the Bailiff company won't accept £20 a month and wanted the whole balance and no less. The council a short while ago got back to me advising that they will accept £20 a month but I have to pay this to Penham Excel, who I refuse to have anything to do with.
  10. Hi Quick bit of advice needed regarding filling out financial statements which has been requested by my ex local authority. Basically we have outstanding council tax debt with North Herts Council from around 6+ years ago. they got a court order and we was paying this off at £20 a month which we agreed with them. About a year ago they decided that they wasn't going to accept £20 a month any more and wanted £40, well we told them this was unaffordable and payments ceased. This has now escalated to Bailiff levels so we contacted the Council to say we weren't going to give the Bailiffs anything and that it's in their best interests to take the debt back and accept the original payment of £20 which was all we could still afford. They said we had to fill out a financial statement so we visited CAB who gave advice and provided the forms to send them. filled these in and emailed them off and the council have come back saying these forms should have been filled out by CAB themselves (never had to do that in the past) and they are not accepting what we sent them! Personally I think they are just being bloody minded, so they've been told as it's school holidays and I'm on my own all day with three kids, two of whom are Autistic, and the fact my Husband has moved out as we've now split up, this won't be possible till September. Is this correct that CAB have to do this form? Thanks Lisa
  11. I thought maybe the court would be the best place trouble is it was such a long time ago I can't remember which county court dealt with it
  12. HI I had my house repossessed in March 2011 and have lost all the documents from the mortgage company and court with the details on and urgently need these so I can go on my local councils housing register. The annoying thing the homeless prevention team at the same council were given copies of this at the time so they could help me and my family in getting a new home but the part that deals with putting you on the housing register says they can't speak to that department to get these details, they need to see the documents for themselves (just being bloody awkward if you ask me!) Would I be able to obtain these from the court or the land registry or do I need to get in touch with my old lender (Northern Rock?) Thanks
  13. I did tell them when I phoned to try and get my payments back on track but the woman I spoke was completely disinterested and said there was nothing she could do as it was with the Bailiffs now.
  14. Hi I have an outstanding liability order for old council tax owing from about 7 years ago. I fell behind with my repayments to the local authority who issued it so they set the bailiffs on me! He has only ever knocked on my door once somehow claimed that he's visited three times now to bump up the charges, when he did knock I told him he wasn't coming in and and I had nothing to give him. He pointed to my 14 year old Picasso on the drive and said he was taking that (he would be lucky if it fetched £100 at auction) i pointed out that it's needed to get my two Autistic sons to and from school safely. He mumbled something and walked away. Both my boys are in receipt of DLA, Mobility element and care element. I called him later on and offered a monthly repayment of £20 which is all I can afford as we're on a low income and receive benefits to help with rent, council tax etc, but he said that's not acceptable and I have to pay in full (£3000+). I've now received a letter stating their vehicles with ANPR camera are out and about and will take my car whenever or wheever they see it. As I explained to them before this is a lifeline for my boys to get to school and go out, surely it's not allowed for them to take this from me, do they have to take into consideration that it's used for children with disabilities? Any advice appreciated as I intend to call Penham tomorrow but want to know where I stand Thanks Lisa
  • Create New...