• Tweets

• The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The firm has benefited from the AI boom, making it the third-most valuable company in the US.View the full article
    • Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Consumer Action Group Privacy Policy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1830 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

THE CONSUMER FORUMS PRIVACY POLICY

This policy applies to all forums operated by Reclaim the Right Limited, and includes (but is not limited to) the Consumer Action Group, 
Bank Action Group, Debt Action Group and the Consumer Forums. Hereafter, these are referred to as the Consumer Forums.

WHAT THIS PRIVACY POLICY COVERS

Your privacy is a very important matter, and is taken very seriously by the Consumer Forums. Please read the following to learn more 
about our privacy policy. In addition to our own attitude to the importance of your privacy, we are also registered with the Information 
Commissioner under The Data Protection Act. Our Data Protection Registration number is Z9440256

HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION

This policy covers how we treat personal information that we collect and receive, including information relating to your past use of the 
Consumer Forums. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or 
telephone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.

This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that the Consumer Forums, or Reclaim the Right Limited, do not own or control, 
or to people that we do not employ or manage.

Because of our obligations under the Data Protection Act, we conform with all UK and European standards for the protection of privacy.

INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE

The Consumer Forums collect personal information when you register with any of our forums or buy our products. When you register we may 
ask for information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, postal code, occupation, industry, and personal interests. 
When you register with the Consumer Forums, and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.

The Consumer Forums collects information about your transactions with us, and with some of our business partners.

The Consumer Forums automatically receives and records information from your computer and browser, including your IP address, Consumer 
Forums cookie information, software and hardware attributes, and the page you request.

The Consumer Forums uses information for the following general purposes: to customise the advertising and content you see, fulfil your 
requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for our internal 
purposes.

The Consumer Forums does not contact its registered users or its visitors about any products or services other than through its newsletter 
which has been subscribed to as a part of the forum registration process. The Consumer Forums does not contact any person if that person 
has not registered as a forum user - even if that person has bought products or services through our website pages.

CHILDREN

The Consumer Forums does not differentiate between adults and children in relation to its data use policy, and the same safeguards are 
applied regardless of age. However we remind parents to be vigilant over their children's use of the Internet, and if they have any concerns 
about the Consumer Forums websites they should use the "Complaints about Website Content" button on the left side of the main forum webpage.

UNSOLICITED TELEPHONE CALLS

If you receive an unsolicited telephone call offering legal services from any individual or company claiming to be from the Consumer Forums, 
Consumer Action Group, CAG, or any similar name, please email admin@consumeractiongroup.co.uk and do not agree to any service that may be 
offered.

We do not do this.

Any company offering legal services in these circumstances will not be authorised by the Consumer Forums, and will be acting in breach of 
the law. You should inform us immediately of any contact of this sort and also report it to the police.

INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE

The Consumer Forums does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people except under the following circumstances:

* We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
* We believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected 
fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of the Consumer Forums terms of use, or as 
otherwise required by law.
* We may transfer information about you if The Consumer Forums is acquired by or merged with another company. In this event, we will notify 
you (by your registered email address) before information about you is transferred and becomes subject to a different privacy policy.
* The Consumer Forums do not display targeted advertisements based on personal information.
* Targeted advertisements on The Consumer Forums website are context based, and are not related to any information which we may hold about
 you as an individual.
* The Consumer Forums do not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted advert. However, 
by interacting with or viewing an advert you are consenting to the
possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the advert. The Consumer Forums
 advertisers include financial service providers (such as banks, insurance agents, stockbrokers and mortgage lenders) and non-financial 
companies (such as stores, airlines, and software companies).

COOKIES

The Consumer Forums may set and access cookies that it has placed on your computer. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to 
these cookies.

YOUR ABILITY TO EDIT AND DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION AND PREFERENCES

You can edit your Consumer Forums Account Information, at any time through the User Control Panel (USER CP). Registered users can unsubscribe 
from our newsletter by following instructions contained in the messages they receive.

We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the the Consumer Forums, such as service announcements, administrative 
messages and the Consumer Forums Newsletter. Whilst You have the opportunity to opt out of receiving this information, where we consider 
that we have to let you know some important information such as account changes, policy or rule changes etc, then we may contact you anyway.

CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY

We limit access to personal information about you to employees, and volunteers appointed to the site team, who we believe reasonably need 
to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.

We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with Data Protection Act regulations to protect personal information 
about you.

FUTURE UPDATES

The Consumer Forums may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by 
sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Consumer Forums account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.

QUESTIONS AND SUGGESTIONS

If you have questions or suggestions you can contact us at:

Reclaim the Right Limited, 923 Finchley Road, London. NW11 7PE