style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3446 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I pay £5.99 for Experian and the same for Equifax Call Credit/Noddle are not used by many mainstream lenders/ providers.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi All

After trying all 3 of the above I am going to join Experian and pay the fee, its a small price to pay for the info I/we require. Noddle info is very basic for me.

Cheers

Regards..Mr Worried :)

Why are BCW using local numbers to call me? when they are based elswhere?

I received a call today from a number simmilar to my own landline number, thinking it was a possible employer I answered and it went like this.

Mr ....Hello

Caller..Is that Mr W

Mr ...Yes

Caller...I need to speak with you about a personal matter can I ask a few questions ( security )

Mr...Who is this?

Caller..We are a company

Mr..Which one though?

Caller,,,'Hesitates' BCW, now can we go through security?

Mr..I am offended that you have made an unsolicited phone call to me and I will be reporting this matter etc. (BCW, tried to speak over me ) I terminated the call telling them to put anything in writing.

So why are they using local codes to contact people in the coded area? I think it is because they get a better response.

?

I don't know how they are getting local codes unless they are outsourcing to local agents who are then using their own phones to call you.

Loads of them use mobiles, but I think we are all used to that.

Hi DD

Yeh you could be correct, outscourcing! so that their ID is hidden from the numbers we ignore. dont think its against any OFT stuff or breaking rules re collection activity.

Cheers

Let all calls go to answer phone ...they soon slam it down (no recordings for you to log)

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Only ref I can find is to HMRC.

And located in Bournemouth

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

They are probably using a PBX telephone exchange which can be programmed to show any telephone number, similarly with FAX machines where you can input any 'origin' number you want.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_telephone_system#Private_branch_exchange

Not possible

For incoming calls to your mobile or land line CLi is sent from the local exchange and the PABX has no ability to over ride that and send a specific Cli

It has to be local agents

Yes! A clerical error where hundreds of ‘local’ numbers are mistakenly programmed into the PBX!

See my earlier post, it is not possible for any PABX to send a specific CLi, this is set at the exchange by the network provider and cannot be over ridden by a PABX or VoIP switch

I don't think BCW are the only ones to do this. Another favourite trick is to use mobile numbers - in fact anything to get around the fact that Mobile apps, Choose to Refuse and Tru-Call are powerful tools in screening out unwanted calls.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Only ref I can find is to HMRC.

Well they said it was imperitive I return the call by close of today, however It is just ringing out, and I cant find anything else etc on the number.

Ignore, if it was imperative they would call back.

Wouldn't you if you really needed to contact someone.

Indeed I would, however I have an ongoing case with the tax man, could this be it?