Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'prove'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • The Consumer Forums: The Mall
    • Welcome to the Consumer Forums
    • FAQs
    • Forum Rules - Please read before posting
    • Consumer Forums website - Post Your Questions & Suggestions about this site
    • Helpful Organisations
    • The Bear Garden – for off-topic chat
  • CAG Community centre
    • CAG Community Centre Subforums:-
  • Consumer TV/Radio Listings
    • Consumer TV and Radio Listings
  • CAG Library - Please register
    • CAG library Subforums
  • Banks, Loans & Credit
    • Bank and Finance Subforums:
    • Other Institutions
  • Retail and Non-retail Goods and Services
    • Non-Retail subforums
    • Retail Subforums
  • Work, Social and Community
    • Work, Social and Community Subforums:
  • Debt problems - including homes/ mortgages, PayDay Loans
    • Debt subforums:
    • PayDay loan and other Short Term Loans subforum:
  • Motoring
    • Motoring subforums
  • Legal Forums
    • Legal Issues subforums


  • News from the National Consumer Service
  • News from the Web


  • A Say in the Life of .....
  • Debt Diaries
  • Shopping & Money Saving Tips
  • chilleddrivingtuition


  • The Youth Academy
    • The Youth Consumer Service
  • Miscellaneous

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



About Me


Found 15 results

  1. I have sent a prove it letter to Lowell recorded delivery for a debt i apparently had with provident, Which was then passed to a company called vanquis bank. I have no recollection of this debt i have however in the past had provident loans but all are settled and show as settled on credit file. This one however isn't even on my credit file for me to view. Im just wondering if someone can advise what sort of response i should accept from lowell as in what information they have to provide.
  2. Major crackdown on abuse of 'debt' judgement by rogue parking and utility firms is announced Ministers will pledge action on abuse of county court judgments by rogue firms Anyone who has had a CCJ without their knowledge will have it removed The Govt plans to immediately set aside all backdoor CCJs for those who can prove to a judge that they did not know about it when it was passed. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5214075/Action-debt-judgement-rogue-firms-abuse-announced.html
  3. This is a new one. Send Letter of Caim to defendant. All sorts of details in the Letter of Claim.... Defendant's response is to demand that I attend their London headquarters, at my own expense, to prove my identity. I have never encountered such a response ever. They demand I bring passport, utility bills, etc... because I wouldn't want to be a victim of identity theft (!) They then conflate this with ADR saying that as I have agreed to ADR I should do this, even though it isn't ADR. Oh and to top it all off, they ask for my bank details already even though I haven't co
  4. Lowell recently sent me a 'letter before claim' giving me 14 days to contact them regarding a debt from 2011 or they would take me to court. This debt relates to a bank account, with NO overdraft facility that ended up going overdrawn. I received some advice and sent them a prove it letter and after a few weeks received the following as a response - imgur (dot) com/ a /E7JuE Along with the above letter they sent a copy of my bank statement from 2011 but there was no notice of default included in the package, which they state they did send but have not. Is there anywhere else I
  5. hi could anyone please help or advise.... I received a letter form tax credit saying they had information my ex boyfriend was linked to my address. I called them today and they have asked me to provide them with supporting documents to prove he isn't. I also called my ex to ask if he's heard anything or if he knew why they had contacted me, he didn't know what I was on about but he did say he has been on sick and recently started to receive SSP. I'm really worried because although there is no connection between our houses they are saying he is linked to mine. I also very
  6. Hi all In October 2009 I defaulted on an HSBC overdraft, £700 of which was charges, the other £700 ish the actual overdraft. They didn't get in touch until last year (I had previously looked in to a DRO but HSBC wouldnt confirm the details to me as it had been passed to a DCA, my circumstances then changed and I was able to negotiate the other debts I had at the time) The account was originally opened in 2005. I sent MKDP LLP a CCA request, they took a long time to respond and finally responded saying that the account was opened 'interpersonally' (whatever that means) and t
  7. My wife has a LA PCN for stopping in a box junction which she doesnt think she did . She followed the link to the online info that shows 4 pictures of the car all off the box apart from one where she is half into it. So how do the council decide if you were stopped in the box or passing over it? Thanks for any help Sam
  8. Hello - I'm hoping you can help me out regarding a parcel I've sent with Hermes. The item arrived damaged (technically, all that arrived was a noticeably empty box) - and so was rejected by the recipient. I've contacted Hermes (who hadn't bothered to tell me that it had been rejected), who have said I need to pay for the return delivery to be able to obtain a photograph of the item to claim for it as a damaged item. Is this correct? Should I have to pay for return delivery for an item they've damaged/lost? Thanks Sam
  9. Greetings I received a PCN for unloading my LGV in a loading bay. It was the normal of parking attendant viewed for 5 minutes, nothing happening, so issued the PCN. I wrote off to the Council highlighting the cases: Sprake - v - Tester (1955) 53 LGR 194 Richards - v - McKnight [1977] RTR 289 Bulman - v - Godbold [1981] RTR 242 Boulton - v - Pilkington [1981] RTR 87 Whiteside - v - Watson 1952 SLT 367 McLeod - v - Wojkowska 1963 SLT (Notes) 51 Holder - v - Walker [1964] Crim LR 61 Chafen - v - Another Supplement to the Justice of the Peace and Local Gover
  10. Hi folks. First post here, as there was a similar thread to mine, but no follow up to it. I received a letter from Past Due Credit Solutions regarding an old gas bill (about 4 years old) from a property I used to live at. I sent off the prove it letter, and today received a response saying the account would be placed on hold for 28 days etc. They have asked me: We would ask if you can confirm the following: (for data protection) The connection you have to the above supply address (previous address) Before I moved into the property, I switched from my current s
  11. I have been in dispute with NBS for months. I have sent letters to Group Directors etc and am always passed down to the complaints team in Swindon. We have argued about all sorts including Social security regs, which I'd never even mentioned, but latterly I have focused on getting them to agree we are in hardship. I've based this on the fact as I am partially-sighted following a stroke our sole income is Carers' Allowance, Tax Credit, DLA and ESA. Today I was told by Tom Baxter (Senior Complaint Handler) that as we have 16 active direct debits, some of which are for non-essential items, NBS do
  12. Sorry I am new to this so hope it is in the right place. In september 2011 my husband walked out on me (after have left me twice already that year once for a week and once for about a month) and moved in with his mum, this time I was sure it was permant so claimed ctc as a single parent (I had 4 children with him one of whom has special needs and disabilities). This was all fine until this week when I got a letter from tax credits saying that they believed he is still living here, he is not, yes he visits the children daily before he goes to work but that may only be for half an hour some
  13. Hello, I've received series of letters from a DCA demanding payment for what I think is an old overdraft with a UK bank. The latest letter states that if I do not take any action the account will be sent to a External Debt Collection Agent. Furthermore, they may commence legal proceedings which may result in additional costs being charged to the debt. I definitely had an account with the bank concerned, last used in early 2008 (I think). However, I don't remember any outstanding balance and cannot confirm whether the bank account that the DCA has quoted is accurate. I've moved co
  14. Hi all, In August 2010 I took out a new phone contract for my then boyfriend in my name as he wasn't working. (Stupid I know!) We broke up in March/April 2011 and he had just got a new job. So together (when things were still amicable) we decided to change the phone contract into his name, address and debit card details. Orange said this was all fine and very quickly changed it all over. By the next billing date, only the statement for my phone showed on my online account with Orange. Only DD payments were taken for my phone. IT had all been transferred over to his name, address and
  • Create New...