Jump to content

Showing results for tags 'matter'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • The Consumer Forums: The Mall
    • Welcome to the Consumer Forums
    • FAQs
    • Forum Rules - Please read before posting
    • Consumer Forums website - Post Your Questions & Suggestions about this site
    • Helpful Organisations
    • The Bear Garden – for off-topic chat
  • CAG Community centre
    • CAG Community Centre Subforums:-
  • Consumer TV/Radio Listings
    • Consumer TV and Radio Listings
  • CAG Library - Please register
    • CAG library Subforums
  • Banks, Loans & Credit
    • Bank and Finance Subforums:
    • Other Institutions
  • Retail and Non-retail Goods and Services
    • Non-Retail subforums
    • Retail Subforums
  • Work, Social and Community
    • Work, Social and Community Subforums:
  • Debt problems - including homes/ mortgages, PayDay Loans
    • Debt subforums:
    • PayDay loan and other Short Term Loans subforum:
  • Motoring
    • Motoring subforums
  • Legal Forums
    • Legal Issues subforums


  • News from the National Consumer Service
  • News from the Web


  • A Say in the Life of .....
  • Debt Diaries
  • Shopping & Money Saving Tips
  • chilleddrivingtuition
  • Homegirlxx


  • The Youth Academy
    • The Youth Consumer Service
  • Miscellaneous

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



About Me


Found 10 results

  1. I have received 2 PCN's for driving on a road that's restricted to buses and cycles. I had absolutely no idea since I'd never driven that way before, and as soon as I realised that I was on a bus route, it was too late to go back. I just wanted to know if they can charge me for the same offence twice in the same day, and that too in a matter of minutes. The first time I drove through without knowing it was a bus and cycle only road, and lost my way and came back on to the same road, and discovered too late that I was on a buses ony road. CAn I challenge the se
  2. Hello I am applying for Tier 2 visa in two days and just found out that I am supposed to mention in the application if I ever had any fare evasion case. Actually 2 years back i was convicted of train fare evasion and i pleaded NOT guilty and wrote back when I received summons from the court, after which I also went for a hearing and they asked me for proof whichI was unable to provide so I paid the penalty to get rid of the issue and not to carry on the case in that case i had to plead guilty and pay. Now I am not sure if this is a criminal offence and should I mention this in my visa
  3. Hi Guys My siblings and I are in a legal battle with my late mother's husband. He is being unreasonable regarding her estate but when we last saw him several years ago he was getting old and was quite poorly. We are wondering if he has actually died and his children are making unreasonable demands via their solicitor. How can I find out if he has died? Is there a central register where deaths have to be recorded?
  4. Hi, been in a DMP for circa 4yrs+ now so my original defaults I guess were registered at the time I started to default which is probably circa 5yrs ago. I have opportunity to clear one of my creditor debts (£800) and contacted them hoping for a good percentage but they would not go below 75% settlement (ie offered me 25% off) . I had hoped for 50% as they had offered me that much back in 2013 but now say my account rules have changed because I am in regular DMP payments. I have been offered the full amount by a family member but to be honest as my credit rating is shot anyway I am u
  5. Don't know if we are allowed to mention names here, but here goes anyway. Interested to know if a letting agent can legally switch energy suppliers on a house up for rent without notifying or seeking authorisation from the Landlord/owner? Discovered that Countrywide 'sold' the contract to E.on, (who incidentally have a whole department dedicated to that company). Countrywide get a fee (although E.on would not say how much this was) and E.on get a new customer (we know how apathetic most people are on changing their suppliers) on any tariff they choose to set. E.on said they too
  6. Will keep it brief for now - I received a PCN for parking in a residents bay (my bay) but the permit not on display. However on the ticket they have got an address that doesn't exist, ie the car was parked in a road with a completely different name. However the parking ticket company has now claimed this is not important as the address on the ticket attached to the car matches the address they have specified in their contract with the landowner !! It appears to be a generic name for the whole area as opposed to the actual road name. They have sent me photos of the car
  7. I am really needing some help. I have a house valued at £110,000 and a mortgage of £105,000 which I may need to sell. The only problem is I have a secured loan of £34,000 on my home through Picture (or whoever they are now) which has arreas of £650 and they will only get bigger as I am no longer able to afford the loan. What I am wanting to know is am I allowed to sell my home even though the secured loan won't get paid off. I am intending to rent if I can sell my home. Any advice would be much appreciated. I don't want to sell if I don't have to but will Picture?? take my home even if t
  8. The parking warning signs on a car park on private land do not need planning permission as long as they are with the permitted size as stated in the (The Town and Country Planning (Control of Advertisements) (England) Regulations 2007) if they are any bigger they need to apply for planing permission, If non has been sort then the sign is illegal does it make the alleged breach of contract claimed null in void ? Most of the car park signs i have seen are bigger than A3 The Town and Country Planning (Control of Advertisements) (England) Regulations 2007 Regu
  9. Hi there, I'm in need of some help relating to a CCJ matter. I've outlined the story and facts below and I'm hoping someone might just be able to help me. Basically, Since Jan 2009 up until Nov 2011 I was living in Australia. Most recently upon a mortgage application I've found out that a CCJ was made against me in 2010 from someone whom I lived with for a very short time. The amount was £3000+. Here are the details on my situation: In July 2006 I went to view a property rental through a girl for a room in a 2 bed room flat. She had a friend whom who she had fallen out wit
  10. I have been speaking to someone who suggested that I should check the defulat dates on my CRA, as sometimes it's not correct. I have indeed checked them and I think the default date is when I stop paying someone?, I hae stopped paying my bills (due to illness, loss of job and then moving home), in April 2008, but the default dates are July and sometimes even November of 2008. Does it matter? The person I spoke to suggested it does because, they count the the 3 years/6 years from when I have stopped paying and if that's not correct it will take me longer before I can get credit?
  • Create New...