Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'handing'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • The Consumer Forums: The Mall
    • Welcome to the Consumer Forums
    • FAQs
    • Forum Rules - Please read before posting
    • Consumer Forums website - Post Your Questions & Suggestions about this site
    • Campaign
    • Helpful Organisations
  • CAG Community centre
    • CAG Community Centre Subforums:-
  • Consumer TV and Radio Listings
    • Consumer TV and Radio Listings
  • CAG Library - you need to register to access the CAG library
    • CAG library Subforums
  • Banks, Loans & Credit
    • Bank and Finance Subforums:
    • Other Institutions
  • Retail and Non-retail Goods and Services
  • Work, Social and Community
  • Debt problems - including homes/ mortgages, PayDay Loans
  • Motoring
  • Legal Forums
  • Latest Consumer News

Blogs

  • A Say in the Life of .....
  • Debt Diaries
  • Shopping & Money Saving Tips

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


About Me


Quit Date

Between and

Cigarettes Per Day


Cost Per Day


Location

Found 12 results

  1. We have an eviction notice served by Oakwood Homeloans due 01/10/12. After a horrific few months financially, we are able to pay the mortgage and a sum towards the arrears comfortably and sent the requested wage slips/bank statements/budget sheet by email some weeks ago. We rang up to check if they had been rec'd and they said they couldn't be actioned via email (contradictory to what we had been told). on 31/08/12 my husband faxed the documents, but on Saturday morning we rec'd an eviction notice. We had to wait till Monday to call which we duly did. They advised us to send the docs again :/ by special delivery which we did. They rec'd them on 04/09/12 last week. We have rung every single day and still no decision. Husband rang them before and they told us to ring back 12/09/12. I feel ill with worry that all this is eating into our time if they do go for eviction, and we are totally at their mercy and now nearly 10 days later we haven't so much as sought advice or lodged a N244 . Can anyone tell me if they refuse to ok our proposals and we have to try to seek a suspension will this delay go in our favour? At first we thought it was a tactic to either frighten us or because they were trying to get a field agent to discuss matters with us (we didn't answer the door and texted him to say we were negotiating direct with the lender so not to call again) Most of the staff we have spoke to have been polite and reasonable and have stated they do all they can to avoid eviction, and if we can make payments going forward it should be ok. Yet last week we spoke to one staff member who went through our bank statement saying things like ' well, there are a few transactions for bargain booze (this is our corner shop, neither my husband or I even drink, she wouldn't believe that it sold out of hours grocery items!), she complained I'd spent money in primark ( summer t shirts and shorts for my kids) all of which has been stated as outgoing on our expenditure form anyway! I feel really alarmed and pessimistic about all this but we are being held in limbo - can anyone advise if we should be doing something else other than just sitting and waiting? They have said it's because they have a number of other cases too but they have never, ever taken this long to deal with things in the past. ps - we also made a payment against the arrears to the sum of what we have offered which they took over the phone last week.
  2. Hi there Any advise is appreciated I've been working with my organisation for around 20 months. I have very recently, this month, changed job role and moved to a full time position from a part time position. This resulted in a small increase in my basic salary. Unfortunately what I was told about my new role is very different from what I was told before accepting my new position. I've now had interviews with two of our competitors and am confident I will receive offers from both. I'm keen to hand in my notice immediately as I feel I was mislead by the company and know I'll be put on to gardening leave. I am wondering if I go in and say I've accepted an offer will they demand proof? Can I refuse to show that proof.. i.e, say it contains confidential information or some other reason.. I've not yet received a copy of my new contract. Can they base the gardening leave on my part time contract as obviously that would be less pay...? I have been paid already for a full month at my full time salary rate. Also, does this mean they can claim I'm on probation? I'm of the opinion they should have told me in writing but just seeking clarification to pre-empt this problem if it is raised. Also, in order to attend these interviews, I've pulled two short notice sick days and they know I'm not happy with the situation. I know many of the sales force are not happy and three have recently left and I suspect others are interviewing. One of the sick days was today .. I am concerned that I may go in tomorrow and given notice that they're terminating my employment.. can they do that? Because if they can, I'd think it's even more reason to hand my notice in prior to receiving an offer of employment from one of the two organisations I've interviewed with. One of the sick days was last week and one was today, for different reasons. So to clarify: - can they put me on gardening leave and pay me 20 hours a week or do they need to pay 37.5? - can they sack me for being sick twice in two weeks? The company is a large corporate company as well FYI. Thanks for reading
  3. Hi all, I have a quick question on behalf of a friend.. She is currently employed with the council however has handed her notice in to finish sometime in July. Her contract only requires 4 weeks notice so this is fine. Due to changing circumstance she now wishes to finish earlier i.e just work the minimum 4 weeks notice. She has been told she can't change it now because shes already given notice to finish in July. Can anyone clarify if this is correct. I would assume she could simply retract her original notice and give them a new one providing she is still giving the correct 4 weeks period of notice etc. Thanks in advance -J
  4. Hi, Wonder if anyone can help me with some advice. Me and my partner at the time took out a mortgage for 100k back in 2004. In 2006 my partner walked out on me and left me paying the mortgage. We came to the agreement that she would pay £100 a month and I would pay the remaining £500 until we found a buyer. Unfortunately we ended up in arrears as I was foolishly paying her the money and she wasn't passing this on to the lender. I then said enough was enough and we handed the keys back as I couldn't get her to pay anything towards our joint mortgage. She seemed to think I lived there so I should pay all. Accord had the property for sale for six months and then sold cheap leaving us a 58k shortfall. 9 years later we still owe 58k. I offered a final settlement of 5K originally that was rejected and since have just made small payments per month as I've been out of work more than I've been in work. My ex on the other hand has become a qualified accountant and earns good money in a perm job. Part of my reluctance to pay back was that she wasn't making payments. Latest letter from Accord is saying they want to split the debt 50/50. I've asked for details of all payments made by both me and the ex as I'm not too happy with being given a figure without seeing what payments were made. They are saying they cannot tell me what the other party has been paying. I must be entitled to see this given its a joint debt? I'm currently working, but due to be out of work come March. The most I could offer against the 29k debt is 2.5k and I don't really have that as would be borrowing off family. I don't have any assets. Best they are going to get out of me monthly is £5 Any advice?
  5. I'm looking for some advice if possible as I believe I've been mis-sold a car. The car in question is a 2015-plate Mini Cooper SD and picked it up back in March this year. It was 'bought' on a 4yr PCP deal and the car was already at the main dealer premises having been 'pre-reg'. I stressed to the salesman on three separate occasions that I go kayaking and therefore the car must be compatible with roof bars. On the evening when I collected the car I explicitly mentioned it again and he responded by saying that "yeah, there is something available that clips onto the trim around the roof". If you've driven a Mini you'll know that this trim is plastic and not structural. I therefore looked into buying roof bars and decided to go OEM as I've always done this in the past, however it became apparent that you can't simply buy and fit these roof bars. It turns out that the car must be spec'd for this at the manufacture stage and given that mine was already on the lot, this was never an option. Needless to say, the salesman never thought to mention this and had I known that this was the case then I'd never have gone through with the deal. Following an initial complaint, the dealership then offered to have the equipment 'retro-fitted' for around £1000. This worried me because when checking Mini forums it was noted that you couldn't retro-fit roof bars to the cars as they must have 'strengthening' works done during manufacture. Infact, one user went on a factory tour and was told by factory staff that retro-fitting was not possible at all. I spoke to Mini UK who have since told it can be done and I've managed to get them down to £300 outlay to me which they say is the cost of the roof bars. Given that never paid more than £180 for OEM roof bars I queried the cost with other Mini dealerships (parts depts) who all to a man said that my car was 'incompatible' according to their systems. In addition, my paperwork on the deal stipulates that the car is a 143bhp version while I was explicitly told that it was a 2015 170bhp version. I have no trust whatsoever in the dealership and would like to look at handing back the car. Is it possible given the lies from the dealer staff above? Thanks
  6. What is the procedure for job centre advisers to check your private email account on your phone to see if you've actually applied for jobs and have proof of it? I currently have proof on my email account of jobs which i've applied for which I can retrieve on my phone but what is the actual procedure for job centre advisers to physically see these emails which counts as my proof in looking for work? Can the adviser demand I hand over my phone then open each email to read them or do I just need to turn the phone screen to the adviser and show them the emails listed without actually going into them and showing them every single email. The reason I ask is because I was informed by an adviser this week while signing for my JSA that they have the authority to ask me to hand over my phone so they can check through my emails themselves otherwise I may well be sanctioned. I know there will be a data protection breach in that somewhere and know they can't force you to hand over your phone so they can rake through the emails but I'm just asking around for a little clarification before next signing day.
  7. I am really needing some help. I have a house valued at £110,000 and a mortgage of £105,000 which I may need to sell. The only problem is I have a secured loan of £34,000 on my home through Picture (or whoever they are now) which has arreas of £650 and they will only get bigger as I am no longer able to afford the loan. What I am wanting to know is am I allowed to sell my home even though the secured loan won't get paid off. I am intending to rent if I can sell my home. Any advice would be much appreciated. I don't want to sell if I don't have to but will Picture?? take my home even if they won't get any proceeds from the sale.
  8. Hi I was wondering if anybody knows how i go about handing furniture back to perfect home please Reason is i am financially no longer able to keep up regular payments with them for goods i received in March 2013 I telephoned my local store stating i can not keep up full payments for the items i have on HP only to be what i can say is bullied and sort of intimidated into lending cash to pay them that weeks payment. Thing is i now am in my 10 day of arrears and im worried they will turn up and take goods away. I have explained that i am unable to keep up full payments and im not sure on what to do next. Has anybody else had dealing with this company and where can i write to into handing back goods and what are my rights into doing so Thank you
  9. So around 2 weeks ago I told my boss i was looking at moving jobs and would be leaving soon, he was fine with that and wished me good luck. However the next day he made me a counter offer which i accepted at the time as it was more money. It was on the condition i didn't go to an interview i had arranged for the next day, or any in the near future. Long story short the company i had an interview with told me they would beat my current offer providing i Interviewed well. I did, and they offered me a job! Which im going to take, as some of the opportunities they offer for progression and training sound amazing. So now im in the position where i need to tell my current boss i am leaving, even after ive told him im not!! Any advice on what to say and keep it professional. I would still like to leave on relatively good terms. I do realise its selfish of me, but i think when it comes to your career you need to be a bit selfish every now and then.
  10. Hello, I am seeking advice regarding a car I have currently on finance. Due to my wife having her working hours reduced to part time we no longer are abe to afford repaying car finance. We have wrote to company requesting giving car back which we have had for 2 years, and they wrote to say that they can sell car for us or we are entitled to sell the car privately. We have paid £7861 and half the finance agreement is £10000. I am slightly confused what this means, any advice welcome. Thank You...
  11. Hi Just a quick question. Would I be able to hand my notice in while on the sick and still get my holiday pay I am entitled too. I really dont like my boss and if I hand my notice in he will make my life hell, and I dont think I could cope with 4 weeks of this. I dont just want to walk out my job as I know I will lose my holiday pay. Thanks in advance
  12. Off sick since january with stress/anxiety/depression, my SSP runs out in august as it is only paid for 28 weeks. Before i was off sick i had issues with a member of management and felt bullied, intimidated etc, i never put in a grievance as felt it would be ignored as all management support each other. My sick is not due to this but i feel it impossible to return as my condition will not be helped with the managers behaviour there. Really want/need a fresh start, if i hand in my notice while off sick would i still be entitled to all the help i would otherwise get? i.e. i need to now claim for ESA and am getting help with rent and council tax - will i still be entitled to this help while i find a new job? Your advise would be very much appreciated Also, does anyone know how long a ESA claim takes from putting it in to getting an answer? Thank you
×
×
  • Create New...