Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Everything posted by flumps1976

  1. If you are thinking about the severe disability premium (SDP) then your mother won't qualify for that because you are living in the same household as her and you only get the SDP if you are living alone and nobody else receives carers allowance for you. It won't make any difference though if you son claims carers for you or your mum as long as you are both receiving the right level of DLA , PIP or AA.
  2. It is highly unlikely that you will be allowed extra time to submit that information. Your physical restrictions and pain are not considered in the planning and following journey activity as they are considered in the next activity (moving around) that considers the ability to stand and move. So your wife accompanying you to help you in and out of the car is not considered, they are looking at it you have any cognitive, sensory or mental health that would prevent you from planning and following a journey. How often do you go the local shops and how often do you go to work? Does your wife accompany you for any other reason apart from the physical help to allow you to get in and out of the car. Although you were accompanied to the assessment centre you were not accompanied for the actual assessment so they are looking at how you coped alone in the room and whether you needed any simplification of the questions. My take on the text that you have given above is that as you told the assessor that you can drive and go to the local shops and to work that you can make a journey on most days https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/600951/admp2.pdf or try https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjnou-83djUAhWJIMAKHYT4DO8QFghcMAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gov.uk%2Fgovernment%2Fuploads%2Fsystem%2Fuploads%2Fattachment_data%2Ffile%2F570761%2Fadmp2.pdf&usg=AFQjCNHwYt-kHQFWZ-0bxZzds6DQQWv8hw if this link works and you look at page 64 (I think it is) it gives the actual descriptor log for PIP and how the information is considered.
  3. I haven't had any dealings with UC for over 12 months sorry, but from my understanding as the lead carer your will not be set a MIF until your child turns 1, however if your husband was self employed prior to the claim then he will have a MIF set. Have you been in to see someone on the UC team who is not actually a Work Coach so it could be a PASA (personal and account support agent) but they may have to call the main service centre hotline for advice during the interview as they don't usually get involved in this type of enquiry and work coaches only deal with the work related items. I'm really sorry I can't help with this any more as I have been out of the loop for too long
  4. As an appointee you are the representative for your mother, An AP is an assessment provider HP is the healthcare provider which for DWP is one and the same. A corporate appointee is usually a private firm or local authority that act on behalf of a claimant in a larger scale and you are an appointee which is an individual appointment for a claimant. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/personal-independence-payment-assessment-guide-for-assessment-providers If that link doesn't work go to the gov.uk website and look for personal independence payment assessment guide for assessment providers. There is pdf download that you can access
  5. Don't know anything about child DLA sorry , but with regards to your Mothers PIP application you will need to contact them and as you are an appointee there should be no requirement for a face to face interview it should be considered as a paper based review. https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/547146/pip-assessment-guide.pdf 2.15.17. Where a claimant has an appointee, this will be flagged in the initial referral to the AP. Where an appointee has been nominated to represent the claimant, the claimant must not be instructed to attend a face to face by the AP. This is because they have been deemed incapable of engaging directly with DWP or its contracted APs. Instead, and only if a face to face consultation is deemed necessary, the AP must send the invite to the appointee – indeed the invite should only go to the appointee – who in turn will provide the details to the claimant. However, it should be noted that where the named appointee is a corporate appointee, he can nominate another person to represent him at any face to face consultation. That said, the HP should make every effort to obtain evidence in order to conduct a paper-based review in these circumstances. taken from
  6. If you don't agree with a claimant commitment you can dispute it, you then have to construct a version that you think is reasonable and the two versions are sent to the DMA team to consider both versions. I've seen a few of them sent away and seen both outcomes so before anyone tries to say that DMA will simply take the JCP staff CC that is not the case. Also if the CC is not signed then it is not valid but old versions are not retained electronically so keep any paper copies that you have in case you need to submit as evidence. Directions are not used as much now as the CC is supposed to be updated at each work search interview (not work search review) , it is a living document and a direction is only supposed to be used if a claimant is not following the agreed steps on the CC and it is something that is reasonable to help them towards employment. A direction is really the last resort.
  7. The company will need a form completing for you go to give your permission for the DWP to disclose any information and then it will be sent directly to your local Benefit Delivery Centre to complete. As this is not a payment critical form it is highly likely that the form will not be classed as high priority and will be dealt with in strict date receipt order.
  8. or it goes on your claimant commitment that you will attend daily or have daily contact in one form or another.
  9. Permitted periods are not automatic for job searching so unless you have been actively employed in that field for at least 2 years you can't just stick to one area and you will be expected to search for all work that you are capable and qualified to do. When I left the JCP last year there was something coming in about mandatory contact but I haven't kept upto date with it sorry as I'm in another field now. The contact could be however you and your work coach deem acceptable, it could be by telephone, email, job clubs, training sessions, work experience or face to face appointments when I left but don't know if that has changed.
  10. The jobpoints were removed from JCP offices some time ago as you could search but not apply for jobs. So there are now computers available to use. The jobseekers agreement SHOULD be a discussion between you and your work coach and they should ask what type of work you think you are likely to achieve as well as what you would like to do. Try not to worry too much at the moment as you don't know what the outcome of your ESA50 is yet.
  11. Apologies for the abbreviations it is the DWP speak in me, I use to work front facing in a JCP office and worked as part of the UC team but don't classify myself as a horror (I left the front facing side of DWP/JCP last year as to be honest I was verbally abused and threatened in front of my child when out of work by someone who simply recognised me from working in that particular office and not because of anything that I had done as I had no interaction with that particular claimant and I now work in another part of DWP) If you get a fit note from your GP you need to call the Service Centre number and book an appointment to see your work coach to discuss reviewing your claimant commitment. With regards to changing your work coach you may need to have an appointment with the Jobcentre Manager to discuss the issues of why you want to change it is not done automatically and there needs to be a reason to do it.
  12. You can also look at applying for recoverable hardship payments of UC, it is repayable if you are entitled to it. Did you keep evidence of all your job searching for the weeks in questions as on UC if you are sick you are still required to follow your CC as usual, if it is going to be a long term illness you can have you CC reviewed to take some reductions into account however until you have had a WCA that states you are in the WRAG or SG you are required to continue to provide the evidence. If you have the evidence you can request an appointment to have the information copied and sent to eh Service Centre for a reconsideration of that decision.
  13. I think that if you were to make a claim for HB you would be directed towards UC anyway as a single non householder as UC has been introduced to replace the income related benefits. IT woudl behighly likely that both the HB and JSA would be declined and you would be advised to claim UC to cover everything.
  14. D you have any specialist input for your mental health CPN or counsellor? If you do then you could ask them or your GP for a letter to state that you current mental health is unstable and it would be recommended for you to have either a home consultation or paper based review. Try to get your GP to emphasise the need for the paper based review but there are never any guarantees. PIP ad ESA are seperate so if you decided not to go ahead with the claim it wouldn't effect your ESA but why should you go without when there are alternative ways of conducting the assessment.
  15. Assuming the medical assessment is for ESA then there will be no impact on your carers but the PIP medical would potentially have an impact on your carers allowance. If she passes the medical assessments then your carers allowance will remain in payment. If she fails the medical then your will be entitled to carers allowance for a run on period of 8 weeks, that will also give her a chance to request a mandatory reconsideration if she does not agree with the decision. If the PIP is not reinstated or the mandatory reconsideration is not changed in her favour then you would lose your carers until such time that the PIP daily living is reinstated.
  16. It would depend on what pay day you had for your DLA. Your PIP effective date is the day after your DLA end award in most circumstances but most DLA is paid on a Monday or Wednesday which means that PIP effective dates are then either a Monday or Wednesday.
  17. https://www.gov.uk/pension-credit/overview If you check this link there is a calculator on there it may be worth double checking your personal details to make sure the letter is correct.
  18. The mobility part of the claim is considered in 2 areas, the first is planning and following a journey which considers your mental health, cognitive ability and if you have any sensory impairments. Physical restrictions are considered for this part. The second part is the moving around which considers your ability to stand and then walk. This considers any specialist input from physiotherapists , occupational therapists, rheumatology etc, any prescribed medication for cardiac, pain, dizziness or breathlessness and the observations and physical examination. The walking should be considered for the ability to do in a timely manner and whether it can be done repeatedly, reliably and safely. It may be that at the assessment you were having a good day but the evidence points to difficulties for the majority of days you would have problems or that you would be incapable of moving the day after the assessment due to exertion then a decision would be made on grounds of being reasonable.
  19. Another to consider is that you shouldn't really just have 1 CV ideally you should have a basic CV which you then tweak and tailor for each job vacancy that you apply for. The basics remain the same such as you personal details, previous employment and education/qualifications but you personal statement changes or should change. So you could always say that as you change your CV each time is it realistic to have 1 searchable CV at the beginning of your claim as you are making the most of your transferable skills and don't want to miss out just because that one CV doesn't have the key words picked up by search engines that a lot of companies use. So you could have a basic CV that you could agree to show your work coach and then send the updated and most most appropriate CV for the job advert. Hope that makes sense been a long week
  20. Yes your choice same as the UJM is is still your choice if you allow the access to view or not. A lot of this is down to the senior management who don't have a clue what it is like to be a work coach and who "encourage" the office managers to "encourage" their staff to aim to improve the customer service by helping people in to employment. The senior management forget that there is a human being involved on both sides of the desk. They are only interested in the labour market figures and not getting a telling off for being one of the lower achieving offices. ooopps did I type that!?!?
  21. used to work in a JCP office and was part of the UC team. Items handed in via an appointment for the UC service centre were copied stamped as verified true origianals and then sent via fully tracked mail to a Mail Opening Unit where it is then uploaded on to a system called DRS (Document Repository System), there is no way of the staff in the JCP uploading this directly sorry. UC Service Centre were always very strict that we could not send anything via email and it all had to go through the official channels. The fully tracked packages were sent daily and I had known significant delays in documents being sent adn I knew they had been as I was the one who physically coped and stamped the document, put it in the fully tracked envelope, completed the booklet that the TNT delivery/collection officer completed to confirm receipt and then it was delivered the following day but delays in the Mail Opening Unit meant that it could take up to 10 working days to show. I used to get quite a lot of verbal abuse over that which is why I left that job, being accused to being incompetent, lazy or a liar is not pleasant adn then being accosted and threatened during a weekend in front of my child was the final straw.
  22. Just out of interest what job role were you doing on permitted work? The only reason I ask is I used to in JCP (now in another area of DWP) so if it was permitted work in admin for example then yes that role is normally a paid position so could be treated as notional paid employment, if you were working in a "friends of the hospital" role for example in a cafeteria or taking items around a ward then those are treated as volunteer positions. The reason this has to be considered is stop the likes of some big companies taking advantage of vulnerable people and also to stop claimants going and "volunteering" at their friends/families business for example.
  23. They are likely to look at how many hours he is working each week, the claimant commitment would be for full time employment up to 35 hours per week and they will take into account the hours he is currently working. They won't really be looking at the amount he receives as such but based on minimum wage £7.20 for over 25 he wouldn't be classed as working enough hours. £5000 per year works out at £96.16 every week which works out to be about 13.5 hours a week (I know in reality it is going to be more but not how the UC Service Centre will see it) so technically there is room for hours that he could be expected to work. Unfortunately there were a lot of people who went self employed for the minimum number of hours needed to claim tax credits and didn't try to increase their work base or hours as they were getting all the other benefits that go alongside a low income (housing costs, prescriptions etc) so UC was introduced to phase this out and get people to increase their income. Were you advised that you will not get your tax credits reinstated either as you have now made the application for UC?
  24. They will look at his Self Employment and will look at how many hours he is working. they won't simply look at his earnings they will also look at how many hours he is working. Universal Credit is a means tested benefit replacing the other means tested benefits (Income Related Employment Support Allowance, Income Based JSA, Income Support, Housing Benefit, Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit). You will both have a claimant commitment drawn up which will detail exactly what you will need to do to receive this benefit. The idea is for people to work and earn more so that they claim and receive less money from the welfare system. I would suggest that it is highly likely that he will be required to look for extra work either employed or extending and expand his current self employment but I have been out of the UC side of things for nearly 12 months now.
  25. Going to try and think back to my old processing days. Deprivation of capital may be considered here if your friend had capital that exceeded the limit for benefit claims. Normal everyday expenses are ok for this but anything that is not everyday is considered individually. Gifting money is one of the things to be considered as they have to consider if she gave away the money to intentionally lower her capital to claim low income/income related benefits. I know it is about age concern but there are a couple of interesting facts in there that are better explained than I would be able to do at this late hour! http://www.ageuk.org.uk/Documents/EN-GB/Factsheets/FS40_deprivation_of_assets_in_the_means_test_for_care_home_provision_fcs.pdf?dtrk=true The timing may be due to a scan of claims that does happen between HMRC and DWP, but I haven't been in that side for quite some time now and moved out of the JCP environment at the beginning of the year and I am sorry but I have forgotten a lot when having to learn things for my new role.
  • Create New...