Kick the DCA's where it hurts lol

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5937 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Both signed :)

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

both signed :)

Bank of Scotland account 1 - £2,666 WON

Bank of Scotland account 2 - £2,500 on hold

GE Capital charges -£30 won (hey, every little helps!)

Barclays Partner Finance £425 charges - £225 offer accepted.

Finally debt free after 4.5 years, thanks to my Debt Management Plan through Payplan. There is no better feeling :D

Please note.

My post above, now deleted, was in response to one which had been posted by donkey kong who posted multiple posts against CAG. He basically posted that he thought debt collection agencies had every right to do what they do. The above post was in defence of all people affected by debt. Livelad has merged his posts which can now be viewed on the following link-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/111413-c-g-ruins-banking.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

One signed, but other closed. Any plans to give the newbies a chance to join in?

Beaten:

RBS: £4,500

AMEX: £4,200

Barclaycard Visa: £12,100

Barclaycard M/Card: £12,600

(Including the numerous DCAs they have set on me.)

PPI reclaims (into my bank account): £25,000

• 2 months later...

There are currently over 5,000 different threads within the Debt Collection Industry Forum.

I feel that it would be more beneficial if there was a sub forum for each DCA. This would make it easier to advice people and prevent crossed wires. DCA's do things in different ways.

Given the current financial outlook, DEBT will become increasing important to more and more people.

If you think you would benefit from having a sub forum for each DCA (as there used to be for CABOT) please just post the word yes.

You help and support is greatly appreciated.

• Haha 1

Remember if you find anything I say helpful, please click the scales

tbern123 vs Cabot

1. Cabot again !!! Urgent Help Needed
  2. Litigation - tbern123 V Cabot Financial (Uk) Limited
  3. No more calls from Cabot... lol

The idea would be totally unworkable.

There are hundreds, if not thousands of Debt Collection Agencies, with new ones appearing every other day.

Jack and his brother, working from home, etc. Virtually anyone can go out and collect debts.

Users have enough difficulty navigating the site as it is without adding a limitless number of sub-forums, which might only get used by one user.

That user will get mighty lonely with nobody else using his forum...... advice would be a bit thin on the ground.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

But Rooster - the Cabot sub -forum was actually a more recent addition to the DCA forum because of the "popularity" of this particular company and the higher volume of posters that were emerging with issues related to Cabot.

This particular forum was very popular and helpful to readers - this was the reason for CAG setting aside a special sub forum to deal with this companies issues.

It just seems a step backwards to have undone that sub forum.

I have only been here for a day now, and I have read as many threads as possible, and all threads have different useful information, although there are good reasons to create a sub forum I think it would be more beneficial, because of the varied amount of info and advice given here to keep just one forum.

I have learnt alot by just trawling through each post (I am talking about the newer posts) and gathering information relevant to me from each, I think that ability would be lost if there were many sub forums, I just wouldnt be bothered to look at all of them and maybe would miss some vital info.

Ultimately the search option should always be used first, I used it when looking for advice about my situation and nearly all relevant info was in the posts that came up in the search.

I've only had experience of 2 DCAs. There has been advice received common to both, but they each had different behaviour and challenges

If someone is swapped from one DCA to another, they could post in a new thread with a link to the old one.

Or maybe we need thread tools like "rename thread" and "move to a different sub-forum" that only the thread owner could use.

These operations are obviously available to those with the power ....;)

Grumpy

Whilst I would agree that there are far too many DCAs to have a separate sub-forum for each, would it not be possible to have sub-forums for the ones that appear very regularly/are particularly difficult to deal with? Cabot is certainly an example that springs to mind, also Lowells.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.