djdave vs Barclays

djdave
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6133 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My story so far:

9 Feb: Sent request for statements

13 Feb: Barclays returned my £10 cheque

20 Feb: Statements arrived

22 Feb: Sent first letter claiming £2747, slapped myself for running up so many charges!

8 March: Got standard "we're dealing with your complaint" reply

9 March: Sent LBA

21 March: Watched Whistleblower in disbelief!

22 March: Tried negotiating over the phone, hit brick wall

29 March: Offered £1625 (60%) as full and final settlement.

Damn it was tempting, but the fight goes on!

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

have you started your court case yet as you should have done so on the 23rd March

Remember to keep to your deadlines. Good offer from them though !!!!!! one of the highest i have seen at this stage, it must of been hard to say no so well done you

Good luck

I'm going to start the court process on Wednesday when I've got enough money. It was really difficult not to cave in and accept, because I was only expecting maybe a 30% offer at most. But I've come this far...

• Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

Definitely keep going.

£1625 is a nice amount of money and i guess it depends how desperate you are for it.

Just think how much sweeter that £2747 will feel when you get it knowing you got it all back AND you beat the bank

;)

• 2 weeks later...

A quick update: I enjoyed a nice Easter with my other half's family, and today took my N1 claim form to the court - pausing briefly in the car park to phone Barclays and give them one last chance to settle.

They "don't do that", so rather nervously I handed in the documents to the court. The lady who dealt with me couldn't have been nicer, so to anybody who might be finding the prospect of Court a tad daunting: don't worry!

Now I've just got to sit back and wait for them to enter a defence, then to not turn up on the day!

• 4 weeks later...

Update time!

Yesterday was Barclays' deadline for entering a defence. I rang the Court at lunchtime and the nice lady confirmed that nothing had turned up.

So I shot down there and gave them my Request For Judgement. Oh yes, I would like the defendant to be ordered to pay immediately, please :D

I think we may have a result here! :D:D:D

Edit: I've just noticed on some other threads that they're entering their defence late but some courts are allowing it.

Oh. Fingers crossed, then....

Yes they are allowing them to enter a defence late, so don't get too excited.

Up to 10 days late sometimes, so hope you are one of the lucky ones.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you.:)

You'll have to keep your fingers crossed for a few more weeks :(

Barclays acknowledged on 30th April but the court forgot to tell me. Oh well, let's wait for their defence.

• 3 weeks later...

It gets better and better.

As posted above, the court told me that Barclays hadn't acknowledged the claim so I asked for judgement to be entered in default.

A few days later I received two letters from the court. One stated that judgement had been made - I'd won! But the other stated that Barclays had in fact got their defence in. Curious...

So I rang the court who said that there'd been an oversight, and that Barclays had got their defence lodged in plenty of time. Hey ho.

But then...

I received a letter from Barclays legal and compliance stating that they were surprised I'd managed to obtain judgement, but nevertheless they were prepared to settle - in full with interest - if I'd agree to have the default removed.

That was a no brainer, so I returned the form by email and had the money in my account the very next day!!

I'm a happy bunny indeed. Being on incapacity benefit means that money is, to quote the ginger crooner, too tight to mention. This payout from Barclays couldn't have come at a better time, so a huge thank you to everyone who's given advice. :D:D:D