style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3660 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Snowy101 you are heading for a complete fail with the DWP, they already have your address and phone details (you can leave the phone off your CV), what is the problem? They are there to help you, not hinder you - and as you are hindering them they will use every trick in the book against you.

The way I see it is if you tell them you don't have IT connections at home they will have you in their offices two or three times a week for 2 hours at a time, and make you apply for jobs beneath your experience.

You also could be sanctioned almost immediately for not providing a CV (yes, it is compulsory as part of the initial signing on process).

It is all very well trying to start a rebellion but there is a time and a place for that.... and not when you are initially signing on.

I signed on - claiming JSA - in December 2012. At no time have I ever been asked to provide a copy of my cv nor have they even seen a copy or requested sight of one ...... I was only reminded on the very first visit to JobCentre that I need to maintain a good quality, up-to-date CV for my own use.

To date, the only thing that JobCentre has actually done for me is to "approve" my job search activity record once a fortnight (how they can read my scribble - God only knows - not even I can read it), call me by the wrong name, ask if I'd consider property developing again (yes, on JSA that makes perfect business sense) and keep me waiting for appointments when I always turn up at least 10 minutes early.

Gandhi had the right strategy -- quiet, peaceful rebellion.

Impecunious! :-D

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with sillgirl1. It's much less hassle to play ball now, as (in my experience) the Jobcentre are pretty easy with you during the early parts of your claim. If you allow them to tick their boxes they are fine. It's when people are being awkward when the DWP start getting heavy and issue directions, send people on workfare, and look for ways to sanction you.

Don't give them the opportunity.

Snowy101 you are heading for a complete fail with the DWP, they already have your address and phone details (you can leave the phone off your CV), what is the problem? They are there to help you, not hinder you - and as you are hindering them they will use every trick in the book against you.

So, if you cant afford a phone line & BB, which is coming in my household, you`re hindering them? . I will happily comply with all legal requirements but i wont hold my breath on the JC finding me a job, i will do that. There are serious security issues about UJM , there are also privacy issues , but it seems that you think these are here to help you. We will have to agree to differ on that particular issue. I won`t fail, i will comply with the law, if they want me in the JC every day then so be it, they will have to pay for my transport & find me a PC to use, or they could act like adults & let me search for jobs & give them the proof without this big brother approach.

The way I see it is if you tell them you don't have IT connections at home they will have you in their offices two or three times a week for 2 hours at a time, and make you apply for jobs beneath your experience.

I`m surprised that anyone on here would think it acceptable to sanction & persecute people for not having access to IT , believe it or not there are a lot of people who don`t have landlines & BB. Its expensive if your on benefits. They will get you to apply for jobs beneath your experience even if you comply with everything they want, so don`t lets kid ourselves about their MO, its not about finding you a relevant job [ thats a bonus if it happens ], its about punishing you so you will be glad to take any job.

You also could be sanctioned almost immediately for not providing a CV (yes, it is compulsory as part of the initial signing on process).

Well then, i will provide them with a copy, as i have stated time & time again, i will comply with all legal requests, what i won`t do is give away my private details & open myself up to serious security issues just because it might be too early [ iyho] to start a rebellion.

It is all very well trying to start a rebellion but there is a time and a place for that.... and not when you are initially signing on.

I believe you have interviews this week, as i have. I wish you luck with them, i also think you are misreading my intentions, i not going to start a one man war, but i will question & examine every aspect of UJM, i will be saying no , to certain aspects of the "mandatory" bits, that is until they become law & i see the proof , then i will comply. I will also exercise my lawful right to refuse something that is to my detriment.

If you believe they have serious 'security issues' then you must provide proof of these when you state this as they will require proof as its no longer a case of taking your word on things anymore. However I too found several flaws with UJM site and as I previously stated the security issues there might seem trivial but in actual fact could cause people to become sanctioned and are not being looked at. I'm one of the lucky few who voluntarily joined UJM and uploaded my cv not through force but I saw it as an opportunity to get my cv to potential employers.. has it worked?.. no even when you apply for jobs/potential jobs via the site it fails to recognize you have done so therefor your JCP advisor cannot confirm nor deny whether you have indeed applied for said job. All a bit cock eyed if you ask me.. and no offense to JCP staff but you could be more helpful rather than hindering...

Cabot Financial they came they didn't stay and they left rather quickly

Lloyds Tsb - bye bye

Lowell Financial - bye bye

:whoo::whoo::lol::lol:

If you believe they have serious 'security issues' then you must provide proof of these when you state this as they will require proof as its no longer a case of taking your word on things anymore. However I too found several flaws with UJM site and as I previously stated the security issues there might seem trivial but in actual fact could cause people to become sanctioned and are not being looked at. I'm one of the lucky few who voluntarily joined UJM and uploaded my cv not through force but I saw it as an opportunity to get my cv to potential employers.. has it worked?.. no even when you apply for jobs/potential jobs via the site it fails to recognize you have done so therefor your JCP advisor cannot confirm nor deny whether you have indeed applied for said job. All a bit cock eyed if you ask me.. and no offense to JCP staff but you could be more helpful rather than hindering...

Proof that UJM is a security risk , this fake employers advert was aproved on 27/02/13

http://pentest09.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/v-behaviorurldefaultvmlo.html

http://www.channel4.com/news/hackers-use-government-jobs-site-to-steal-your-data

Have you complained to the ICO?

If you are expected to enter your personal details etc into their system I would expect that it's covered by the Data Protection Act & they cannot absolve themselves from their responsibilities by adding a disclaimer that they are not responsible for the safety of the information.

The reason for not giving them your home phone, mobile and email is to ensure they dont leave you messages, contact you in the evening telling you to come in the following morning or basically having you at their beck and call.

By insisting all correspondence is carried out by mail is the safer option. You have hard evidence of all appointments and there should be no mix ups.

I for one do not give my phone numbers or emails to these clowns.

Also just to add you can only be sanctioned if mandated correctly so for someone to just mention something on the phone will not result in a sanction.

What if you dont have a cv? Never had a cv? Dont know how to complete a cv?

It cannot be that you have to provide a cv in order to sign on.

I dont have a cv nor do I know how to do one. Guess they will waste money sending me on some poxy cv course, which I will fail. I am thick I am.

Edited by dyfed

I have not got IT connections at home nor can I use a computer so I vote to go to my local JCP two or three times a week for a few hours and have my hand held on their computers to use this rubbish UJM. Wasting dwp time and money.

If enough people do this, and where I live lots of unemployed cant afford landline and computers by the way, we can bring the dwp to its knees. They will have to drop this silly UJM and leave us adults alone to do our own job search in the manner we want.

Just had a look at this job search site. Are these jobs actually all real? Also seems to be rather open to abuse, even fraud. Can JSA actually make people on benefits apply for jobs like this?

Job description

You will be responsible for terminating chickens, turkeys and other poultry birds in a a variety of manners which are consistent with recognized UK and EU standards.

It is essential that you are able to work with blood, animal fluids and excrement. You must be able to follow instructions related to managing biohazards safely.

Birds are kept in cramped and crowded conditions and are usually distressed. It is therefore important that you are able to remain calm in stressful, and occasionally distressing environments.

You will be entitled to a minimum wage, plus one large, ready-prepared, bird per week, (Sundays), for you and your family to enjoy. Typical working week is 50 hours, working a variety of shifts, including nights.

You must be able to eligible to obtain a Police Shotgun license, therefore those likely to have their application refused should not apply. Successful applicants must realise the importance of not using such weaponry against other members of staff. References may be obtained in order to assess your character.

Occasionally, members of various animal welfare action groups attempt to disrupt our operations. It is highly recommended that you do not disclose details of your application to anybody you do not fully know. This is for your own security.

This may result in disciplinary proceedings.

Equal opportunities employer.

Locations across Merseyside.

Salary GBP 7 - 8 Hourly rate

Career level required None

Experience required Less than 1 year

Education required

Job type Temporary / Contract

Job status Full Time

Just had a look at this job search site. Are these jobs actually all real? Also seems to be rather open to abuse, even fraud. Can JSA actually make people on benefits apply for jobs like this?

Call me sceptical, but I'm guessing that 'job' is not actually real.:wink: - amusing to read though :madgrin:

I've got this image of factory workers chasing chickens round with shotguns trying their best not to shoot colleagues (this is VERY important) :lol:

so am guessing my bipolar disorder and short fuse under stress and noise would mean I wouldn't get a gun license or that job.....

yes it has to be a fake job surely LOL

Call me sceptical, but I'm guessing that 'job' is not actually real.:wink: - amusing to read though :madgrin:

I've got this image of factory workers chasing chickens round with shotguns trying their best not to shoot colleagues (this is VERY important) :lol:

Yeah, it's fake. "You must not shoot your fellow employees! If you are not able to abide by this rule, you could be disciplined."

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Thought it sounded a bit odd. Could be 50/50 though, because, presumably those type of jobs do actually need to be filled...? If it is fake, it means the site is open to abuse!

Presumably, though, DWP/Job Centre must actually review these positions and have a sort of "trusted employer" list?

The job I posted was one of many which sounded "fishy". I really do feel for some of you guys having to use government "resources" like this!

Thought it sounded a bit odd. Could be 50/50 though, because, presumably those type of jobs do actually need to be filled...? If it is fake, it means the site is open to abuse!

Presumably, though, DWP/Job Centre must actually review these positions and have a sort of "trusted employer" list?

The job I posted was one of many which sounded "fishy". I really do feel for some of you guys having to use government "resources" like this!

Well, I mean yes, somebody has to slaughter the chickens. But do they really do it with shotguns? And have to be reminded that it is not acceptable to shoot their colleagues?

Of course, your broader point is quite valid - there does seem to be a lack of control over what is posted on UJM, and I remain unconvinced that the Jobcentre keeps a close enough track of things.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Check out the first link in post #655 of this thread.

Shooting a chicken at close range with a shotgun would result in a pile of rather gory pillow stuffing, which rather defeats the objective.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

What if you dont have a cv? Never had a cv? Dont know how to complete a cv?

It cannot be that you have to provide a cv in order to sign on.

I was told it's mandatory to have a CV, if you don't have one they'll send you to a one-day course. To be honest it makes sense, I know loads of people who cannot write a CV,. However what the DWP is going to do with my CV is not clear.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

During the time I've been a 'guest' of the JC, they've never once asked me for a copy of my CV - though they'll occasionally ask me if I have one and if I'm 'okay with using the internet'. They only match you up to jobs listed on your JS Agreement, and the vacancies are covered by their internal codes; one code for admin, one for IT, etc. When they used to do a job search for me - and that was a long time ago - they just entered the code for 'Admin' into their system and up came a list of appropriate jobs.

They don't even do that now; it's just a quick sign-on and out - which suits me fine.

Going by my experience today, under-staffing at my local JCP is becoming a serious problem. It was, basically, like a cattle market in there. My adviser rattled through my conditions, didn't look at my job search record, almost forgot to ask me to sign and called the next person while I was still in the process of gathering my bits and pieces together.

In fact, I would say that there were more security guards in there than actual JCP staff.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

It sounds similar to our local jc...more security wandering around, than there are jc staff. advisor said they are cutting back so many staff that's its a nightmare. the guy who meets and greets is a total numbskull, he has sent my daughter home twice saying her apt was cancelled, only for her to be later be asked why she didn't turn up...luckily she had a witness on both occasions to verify she was there and was sent home. they either don't know their rear end from their elbow or are so stretched that they cant cope.

I really did feel for the advisor at the sign on, he was so nice and polite and obviously stressed, with 3 different people coming to his desk asking this and that whilst he was trying to deal with my daughters sign on and check the job search, the whole place was in organised chaos, people on free phone to the BDC. The place stressed me out and i was only there with daughter, on the way to my doctors for meds review, was no surprise that my blood pressure was high, and after 3 readings was sent for blood tests.....am sure it was the jc visit that did it, and i was only a spectator.

That will be a nice little Job Creation scheme then wont it ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I do feel extremely sorry for the advisers. They've been dumped on the front-line of all these changes with no resources, and from what I can tell, a series of emails and memos in place of adequate training. Not very fair at all.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

In my experience, i can`t muster up too much sympathy for the advisor's i had in my last bout of unemployment. Uninterested, rude, belligerent & lazy.

My JC is in West London , i despair at the attitude of most of the front line staff. Standards of professionalism are thin on the ground, i have regularly had to listen to the " innit " & " yeah" after every other word style of speaking , which drives me crazy. Ask a question & its a fob off or a pass on attitude, Wrong information given out on a regular basis, i could go on. It seems that when you do get an advisor who does speak a decent level of business like English & does have an interest in their job, they don`t hang around. I will reserve my sympathy for the claimants who will be sanctioned & forced to jump through hoops to get their benefits . Remember , if the advisor's don`t like their jobs or find them too stressful, they can always leave & get another one, they could always open a UJM account & start searching.