NI Credits - OH only has 10yrs worth at 44yrs old being on DLA/PIP did not qualify him

GamerNic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 279 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was looking at our National Insurance records and realised that being on DLA then PIP did not qualify my partner for NI Credits to be paid so he only has 10 years of contributions at age 44. He has only worked about 3 months in the last 15 years and it is highly unlikely he will get a job anytime soon (though he would be classed as able to work).

He was on ESA years ago, but due to my income / capital he was not being paid. They randomly ended our claim but didn't send a letter so we had no idea. I can't remember how we realised but when we went to the jobcentre, the adviser was really snarky and unhelpful with what we should do so we decided to leave it. (They were useless and kept making him go places without reimbursement, so he was losing money by being on it).

UC is coming up as £0 due to my capital and it suggests a claim would just stop. It doesn't look like he is eligible for ESA, having not worked for years or been on a qualifying benefit but I saw something that said you might still get NI credits and still to apply, is that the best course of action?

We are due to get a Civil Partnership later in the year, have lived together for 14.5 years. I have 24 years of contributions and I'm working.

Thanks in advance.

• dx100uk changed the title to NI Credits - OH only has 10yrs worth at 44yrs old being on DLA/PIP did not qualify him