• Tweets

• Thank you very much for your letter in regard to the above mentioned shipment.  Due to the high volume of parcels coursing through the courier network each day, undergoing continuous processing and handling, certain packages may experience delays or even can get lost in the course of this journey. Please note that due to the time that has passed, this shipment has been declared as lost.  I have today processed the claim and made offers to the value of £75 as a goodwill gesture without prejudice. I do acknowledge that you have mentioned in your letter that the value was higher, however, you did not take out any protection to that amount. The protection for this shipment was £20 and we will not be increasing our goodwill offer any further.    Please log into your account online in order to accept our offer. Once accepted, our accounts department will process the claim accordingly. The claim payment will be processed and received within 7 working days.                                  In addition, a refund of the carriage fee will be processed as a separate payment and will be received within 3 working days.  If I can further assist, please feel free to contact me.   I have also just noticed that yesterday afternoon they sent me an email stating that "after my request" they have refunded the cost of shipping. I did not request the refund so will mention that in my letter as well.
    • Hi I had to leave Dubai back in 2011, during the financial crisis. And only now have I received a letter from IDRWW. Is this anything to worry about about as I have 2 years left until it’s been 15 years(statute barred in Dubai). Worried as just got a mortgage 2 years ago. Could they force me in to bankruptcy? Red lots of different threads on here. And unsure what true and what isn’t. 
    • Not that TOR will see this now he's thrown in the hand grenade. Rayner has plenty of female supporters on X, for a start. As for the council and HMRC, fair enough and I thought Rayner was already in touch with them. That's where it should be dealt with, not the police force. @tobyjugg2 Daniel Finkelstein thinks the same as you about tax. The Fiver theory. How the Fiver Theory explains this election campaign ARCHIVE.PH archived 28 May 2024 17:36:51 UTC  
    • Often with the Likes of Lowells/ Overdales that 'proof' doesn't stand up to scrutiny.   Think about it like a game of poker, they want to intimidate you into folding and giving up as soon as possible, and just get you to pay up and roll over, that is their business model, make you think your cards are rubbish. What they don't expect, and their business isn't set up for it, is for a defendant to find this place and to learn that they have an amazing set of cards to play. Overdales don't have an infinite number of lawyers, paralegals etc, and the time / money to spend on expensive court cases, that they are highly likely to lose, hence how hard they will try to get you to roll over.  Even to the extent of faking documents, which they need to do because the debts that they purchased were so cheap, in the first place. Nevertheless it works in most cases, most people chicken out, when they are so close to winning, and a holding defence is like slowly showing Overdales your first card, and a marker of intention that this could get tricky for them. In fact it may be,  although by no means guaranteed that it won't even go any further than that.  Even if it does, what they send you back will almost certainly have more holes than Swiss Cheese, and if with the help you receive here, you can identify those weaknesses and get the whole thing tossed in the bin.
    • So Rayner who is don’t forget still being investigated by the local council and HMRC  is now begging to save her seat Not a WOMAN in sight in this video other than Rayner  Farage is utterly correct this country’s values are non existent in her seat   Rayner Pleads With Muslim Voters as Pressure From Galloway Grows – Guido Fawkes ORDER-ORDER.COM Guido has obtained a leaked tape from inside a meeting between Angela Rayner and Muslim voters in Ashton-under-Lyne...  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

To whoever insulted me, try my life...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5776 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

BB i wouldnt even give the idiot the satifaction of knowing your upset/or intend to take action over it as thats proberbly what they want.

Simply treat it with the disdain it deserves & post it all on here for us to chew over/rip apart & laugh at ;)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Scott, ZW, JC, mr.ton and Pinky.

Depending on how long the post was on the site, which I still have to find out, I may have to sue as such things could damage my future career. Assuming that I can find out where the post came from.

All I have is the e-mail notification with the content of the post. It was removed by a site team member before I could view it. But there was almost 24 hours when it could have been visable :confused:

Unfortunately there are people who think in 'boxes' and believe in their own 'goodness' within their narrow lives. Hopefully divine retribution will come to the **** and they will have the boot on the other foot.

It really is a shame that people come on here to cause trouble, I've had one but it was swiftly dealt with and on other threads I've not bothered to reply to the posts but simply reported them.

Keep your chin up BB and don't let the **** haunt your thoughts.

I'm not technical enough to know if such things can be easily traced and I didn't see the post in question.

It's really difficult to know how this could be stopped considering the volume of posts on here and the need for a swift response in some cases.

It would take very busy FT moderators if every post was checked first.

I wish I had a solution to offer!

Edited by zazen.warrior

Guest forgottenone

Hi, again. Will briefly touch on what I removed earlier. I've had this kind of thing ... from a known internet stalker, but it didn't just stop online nor for the others he targetted *I know his name, as I have learned it from other victims of his* ... and it did damage my life, very badly. That's also why I am here, on CAG ... because it was those events led me into this situation in the end with debts.

The lengths he would go to to get at you were incredible. Not just on, but offline. There's stalking and there's 'stalking'. He took it to severe extremes. Using friends, family even to get at you through them. The methods used were to intimidate, make you afraid ... but also damage your life to the point it could possibly never be right again. One of the people involved was placed under such terror by this sicko, they ended up in hospital. Yes, incredible, but happened.

However, quite familiar I have now got with the bullies, MOs of these people ... how they operate, as it's not always obvious ... they don't all use the same means, methods to get at someone. Yours, although likely different to the person I am thinking of, smacks of a thing he would have done. Not the same, though. Just pretty similar.

The stuff went way beyond liabless, especially when it reached out into the outside world. TBH, even on the few things they did do they should have been locked up just on those. Assault, harassment, hacking, falsifying conversations using screenshots.

And, yes, jealousy was behind most of it. But I never knew that until this year via someone else who is aware of the situation. Jealousy because he wanted one person for himself, anyone got close to that person he destroyed. All from his home, office, wherever. All cowardly hiding behind various means from his PC.

I am only mentioning this, as I have not mentioned it in public on the forum before ... but having been a victim of someone like this, prolifically over time etc. I did post a longer version earlier. Then removed it.

And is my way of offering support cos I am a vicitim of someone who has done this. Cos of that, I now keep a much closer eye on any forums I join. Because I know what to look out for now. Trouble is, I never fought back. Instead, I ran. Fled in fear, terror cos no one could stop him it seemed. In the process, I lost everything. Not just money. But by then, purely on what they did do online ... it caused so much damage it would have made no difference anyway. Too late.

Could stayed to fight ... but I was fighting someone I didn't know, was online ... couldn't see but could do what he liked, when he felt like it.

And I know exactly where anyone is coming from with this, the upset etc. The affects it can have.

Edited by forgottenone

Thanks Scott, ZW, JC, mr.ton and Pinky.

Depending on how long the post was on the site, which I still have to find out, I may have to sue as such things could damage my future career. Assuming that I can find out where the post came from.

All I have is the e-mail notification with the content of the post. It was removed by a site team member before I could view it. But there was almost 24 hours when it could have been visable :confused:

BB, you should have a date and time on your email. Depending on how long it takes for the site to send the notifications out and at what time it was removed will give you the length of time it was visible. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Just adding my support Babybear.

All the best.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

It just shows how low these people go babybear. They are probably not getting as many kicks out of debt collecting as they used to, because they are being rained in and we are learning our rights.

Sad they feel falsely abusing someone is necessary to get their thrill, one day they might find themselves in difficult circumstances and I wonder what help they would like to come their way:rolleyes:

Chin up, babybear, You have friends here:)

The 'insulter' does not, probably a loner with no purpose in life other than to cause distress:-x

It saddens me to read posts like this, these people that do such things to others of your standing are nonsensical nonentities.

They obviously dont have the credibility in this communtity that you do and are jealous of youre knowledge and ability to help others.

You keep doing what you do best, im sure the genuine members are really grateful for your input and support, i know i am :)

take care

honey x

Guest forgottenone

I can't say. I'm being serious. And that is why I am being vague. Nothing else. Because I don't want another human being put through what he does and can put them through. We aren't talking a school kid here, at school on the school PC. And I also don't want to be done for liable myself. If I did name them. They aren't registered on CAG to my knowledge. I merely mention it to offer support from someone who has experienced this kind of thing.

I recently discovered that the website he did carry out his attacks on mostly are investigating. Because of the level of abuse directed towards a member on there going on over a year. What that outcome will be I don't know.

I'd like nothing better than to see him or anyone who bullies online stopped. But ... they are well versed in hiding online.

So, that's why I won't name them ... because ... you don't want them on your tail. Cos they play a very serious and dangerous game with people's lives. That's the only reason.

Babybear, its terrible that someone has treated you like this. I'm glad the site team have picked up that this has happened.

Some of us are disabled and some of us are in debt- it doesn't make us bad people! Just human.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

I'm really sorry to hear about this BB

Such brave people hiding behind a key-board

You have been a true friend to me recently and I cannot understand anyone wanting to hurt you

Chin up girl

Big Hug from me (((())))

xx

I've been on here two years and that's the lowest thing I've witnessed ever..right behind you BB..Ignore the weakest link...he/she get their kicks from this? - don't give them the pleasure.... matter of interest, someone on here said they wouldn't answer PM's - can anyone get any better idea of who we are from a PM reply?

Sarah

Guest forgottenone

Yes, that was me. I will explain, again. Bit strange, a few newbies ... happened over 2 days midweek ... with 1 post count ... newly registered ... Pming me when they just joined? May have been innocent ... may not have been ... but why couldn't they say what they wanted to say to me on the open forum? And I didn't want to open them ... in case.

Question to ask is ... why were they PMing me when they just joined? Do I know them? Nope. Yet they seemed pretty keen on PMing me. Nothing wrong with not answering.

But then, if you've never been a victim of a nasty little internet stalker then ... why do you think I am being sensible by not replying? Or even opening them.

I will now bow out of this thread. Was only here to offer some support. Nothing else.

Edited by forgottenone

Hi BB, just to add my 2p worth on this, and to say don't be fazed by it, i know that everyone on here regards you as an important and well respected poster, except this idiot that is!

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Guest malissa7999

I can't help being disabled with AS, PTSD, OCD, severe agorphobia, dyspraxia, dyslexia and numerous physical conditions...

For this, I apologise.

hi babybear,

im so sorry to hear about your terrible experience, whoever did such a cruel thing they themselves sound as if they have some sort of severe mentality dissorder!

Do not let this minority ****** get you down,you have nothing at all to apologise for, you are evidently a truly valued member and well liked on this site, and i truly do believe in kama...what goes around..and all that!

wish you well,keep smiling:)

Babybear, I've only read the first page so far, but I'm really angry. You have friends here who know that life isn't always as clear cut as it may seem when all is going well. You've struggled through some things that would knock the average person for six, never mind the DCA people who have never faced difficulties and not only are you still standing you are helping others. Be proud of yourself!

I'm in a similar situation to the one you were in, I have various illnesses that the outside world can't see. (Rheumatoid Arthritis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome among others) and life's a constant fight. Debt is something I have to strugle with, I know now that I can't do everything I once thought I could, but thanks to many on here (you included) I know that there's light at the end of the tunnel.

I once read that we should try to make the world a better place than it was when we got here. People helping on this site do that. Don't let the ***** get you down. You're the better person.

Actully I would like to add that it shows how important you are and that even this "person" thinks so that they needed to attack you in this underhanded way. They underestimated you, and CAG. Go get 'em!

Edited by Fuzzgin
I read more posts

Just adding my support BB....

I think by all the lovely posts here you know you have many friends on here.... I really admire you for doing what you are doing, I know disability can be a struggle (I looked after my parents from the age of 16 and now I look after my partner) but you should never apologise for something that isnt your fault.

To whoever did this, you're just **** and BB is obviously a much more worthwhile person than you ever will be.

Keep smiling and keep your chin up.

*hugs*

Mrs R xx

THE PRETENDER AGENDA - August 30,2008 - 2ND ROW!!! WOO-HOO!! :-)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR A FAB NITE LEE! xx

Sunderland 011008 - THE BEST BIRTHDAY PRESSIE EVER! 'Aww, it's your birthday! Happy birthday darlin!'

02 Apr 2008, 23:55

OfficialLeeRyan wrote:

i like that!! its simple and good and gets the fans involved aswell x x x

MY SUCCESSES -

1st Credit (Lloyds TSB) admitted no CCA, reply from OFT 130608, reply from FOS 040608, adjudication stage rejected but still no contact....

My mate (Littlewoods/Moorcroft)

300608 -Long running battle,threatening court, CCA letter NO 2 and harrassment letter sent - passed back to Littlewoods early July.

070808 - Passed to Debt Managers, Acct in dispute/BOG OFF letter sent 080808...

140808 - Letter from Debt Managers passing debt back to Littlewoods - RESULT! :D

BabyBear, I'm so sorry that you have been targeted by a pathetic little numpty. You are a valued member of CAG and there is plenty of support for you here. Chin up, don't let the b*stards grind you down! ;) xx

Admin - name and shame please, then ban the tw*t!!

BabyBear, I'm so sorry that you have been targeted by a pathetic little numpty. You are a valued member of CAG and there is plenty of support for you here. Chin up, don't let the b*stards grind you down! ;) xx

Admin - name and shame please, then ban the tw*t!!

HERE HERE

BB, So sorry to hear about this, you are invaluable to our happy little band. Don't worry about this creep, I was once attacked like that when I identified the person as a troll and "it" kindly replied by saying I was talking out of my axxx! which comment was kindly quickly edited by the site team and then I got a pm telling me I was an idle lazy dosser, you're a great person and an asset to CAG, sending you big hugs:)

Hi BB - sorry to hear about this, but I'm right behind you all the way if you ever need support. I've seen how much support you give to others.

We all have our disabilities and problems and no one has the right to belittle others - those that do have the biggest disability of all, intolerance.

All the best,

OMWO

BB just offering my support too, so sorry that it has happened but glad was picked up, and i do hope you can get some closure on this and do what you have to do

you have posted some great comments so pls keep that up, what would us newbies do without you and the rest of the gang on here??

keep your chin up - they are just cowards who do this - i guess dont have the guts to be upfront and admit they did something wrong but i believe in Karma - they can laugh now but they will get their just rewards

keep the faith, ciao for now maz

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5776 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks