style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1017 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Anybody got a good image/jpg/gif of Boris Johnson as the head of a snake?

That is what should be leading all the campaigns.

He's and untrustworthy liar who sells snake oil. He should be presnted as he is.

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling: Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

He would look good as a Snake Oil Saleman, alongside 'Ol Snake Oil himself the AAC guru with dodgy research, Shankar Singham.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

None of this changes the fact that the Tories are on course to win a majority.  In fact if Boris resigned, and the ghost of Jimmy Saville replaced him, and promised a no deal Brexit, he would win a majority.  That's how far many leavers are down the Brexit Rabbit hole.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

among rabid leavers perhaps,

But do you really think they are in a majority?

The snake may be filling the tory party with snake worshippers, but that doesn't mean that him running on a leave campaign would win

... despite the dirty tricks he WILL use.

Get that snake message out.

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Add The Rabid One's, to the one's 'who just want it over' to the one's who get their news from the Daily Mail, or down the pub.  Probably works out to 35% of the population, which due to our ridiculous electoral system is all he needs for an overall majority.

I'll add that Johnsons recent actions are doing as much for Corbyn

as Corbyns actions have previously done for Johnson

The Tory Legacy

I would like to believe that, but it's not shifting the Opinion Polls yet. 

25 minutes ago, London1971 said:

None of this changes the fact that the Tories are on course to win a majority.  In fact if Boris resigned, and the ghost of Jimmy Saville replaced him, and promised a no deal Brexit, he would win a majority.  That's how far many leavers are down the Brexit Rabbit hole.

That's not gonna happen.  I'd stake my life on the polls being quite wrong, and a hung parliament would be the most likely outcome with a Corbyn led coalition.

+1

although it possible wont even get to an election before that happens ...

Edited by tobyjugg2
addendum

The Tory Legacy

I think agreeing not to compete in areas where one has a clear lead would be a start.

Let Farage trust Johnson and suffer the consequences.

Peterborough is a shining beacon of hope, and better things still to come.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

13 hours ago, king12345 said:

Exactly as I said.

The good ship to leave EU has now sailed.

Whatever they decide to do now we will pay for it.

It was their plan all along, whatever the referendum result.

Didn't I say that before the referendum?

P.S.: Climate change... I haven't seen a single unbiased report substantiated by evidence about the planet's climate being turned around by humans.

It's a fantasy to squeeze money out of us.

Think about it: what are they planning to do with our environmental tax money? Pay mother nature to stop the planet natural evolution?

No, they're gonna pocket the money and charge us more and more with help from brainwashed nobodies, i.e. Greta.

As I said a billion time before: you should be worried if the climate DIDN'T change,  very worried.

Who are ''they''?

Of course reports are only unbiased when they are seen to confirm your standpoint . Hence the DM is always biased and the Guardian normally unbiased. Oh and King , nothing like a bit of exaggeration ‘As I said a billion times before’ 😂

Edited by fletch70
  • Haha 1

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

5 hours ago, king12345 said:

"They" are the ones using your taxes to line their own pockets and making up shyte to charge you even more taxes.

Celotex anyone?

Just don't say it too loudly....they're everywhere....you know who I mean....them....

But, to put the other side of the equation across,

I actually believe Corbyn is playing a blinder right now, keeping absolutely schtum, knowing that Boris is at 35% which is his ceiling. Letting him waste time and energy campaigning (badly) for a campaign that hasn't even started yet, and that he's not even control of when it does.

Let him get the same arguments out, to his base, and repeating ad infiniteum, then wait until he has to break his 'rather dead in the ditch promise' on the world stage, utterly humiliated and broken. Potentially, he could toy with Johnson for months, wearing him down.

Then just when Boris is tired, and broken, let him have his election, when not expecting it, launching a campaign designed for maximum tactical voting, energising the young, in key constituencies, at key points where students are at university.

Corbyn knows it's going to be the same old insults, Coalition with SNP,  Loves Russia and Iran etc and is an excellent campaigner so will be ready.  

The other thing to consider is that Labour have been campaigning for an election since 2017.  Temhetce not taken a breath, whereas the Torys are only just cynically bribing the nation with promises of extra spending here there and everywhere.

This is true, and you only need to look at how Corbyn destroyed May's '50 seat majority' in 2 weeks of campaigning.  Even with the right wing press banging on about how bad he was. It's absolutely beneficial to him not to even respond to all these ridiculous ' Your a chicken' taunts, it's making the Tories look desperate.  It will be interesting to see where we are at the end of today.

I'm working from home, popcorn at the ready.

About throwing money around, the two main thinktanks don't see it as the end to austerity. They're also questioning how well funded the commitments are, given that the economy is weaker.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/sep/08/javid-decade-of-renewal-sop-tory-voters-spending-review-austerity

Illegitimi non carborundum

Some  Brexit supporters such as Nigel Lawson live in France. I think Nigel Farage spends time living in mainland Europe, no doubt enjoying the fruits of having been an MEP for a long time. How many other wealthy influential people have homes in EU countries ?

Does makes you think, why people so hostile to the EU seem to enjoy living in countries where the EU is apparently so in control of everything ? 

The EU financial transparency rules come into effect from January 2020 and I do hope that Brexit is really not about turning the UK into a tax haven, where people can hide their wealth. It would be ironic, if the EU insisted on the UK following all financial laws of the EU, as part of any trade deal.

55 minutes ago, London1971 said:

This is true, and you only need to look at how Corbyn destroyed May's '50 seat majority' in 2 weeks of campaigning. 

Corbyn is a brilliant 'people person' and May hid away.  Can't imagine Boris doing so and could be he's very persuasive in the flesh - don't know. 

Edited by hightail

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1017 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks