hoist/cohen claimform - santander car loan

tartanblood
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3165 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Take a look at this link and compare your agreements to the information posted. This thread has been put together by the very knowledgeable Steven4064 and covers the issues you need to consider.

M

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/162851-consumer-credit-agreements-guide.html

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

I've looked at the terms for an enforceable agreement from the very knowledgeable Steve

my agreement did not contain any 'rights to cancel' not did I receive anything about cancelling the agreement from them.

So it might appear that the agreement is not enforceable - where are u very knowledgeable Steve?

Where are you at with this loan? Defaulted? Still paying?

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

I've looked at the terms for an enforceable agreement from the very knowledgeable Steve and my agreement did not contain any 'rights to cancel' not did I receive anything about cancelling the agreement from them. So it might appear that the agreement is not enforceable - where are u very knowledgeable Steve?

It states that you have 14 days from signing that you could cancel the agreement, sorry but it looks enforcable to me.

The only person who can tell you if this is enforceable is the Judge at a CC hearing....if it doesn't contain prescribed Terms then s127(3) is a complete defence ..if other elements are missing then only the court can enforce so this would be subject to cancellation rights ( which are there!) and default notice.

If this were mine I wouldn't want to go to court with it as its got everything needed to enforce

Live Life-Debt Free

• 5 years later...

Hi - out of the blue I received a letter from Hoist Portfolio for a Santander debt.

I checked my credit file and there was nothing there.

I wrote to them saying it was statute barred but they took me to court anyway.

I have now received a letter from Howard Cohen with a printout of payments showing the last payment made to my account was 9th March

- they filed the court claim on 21st February.

I am defending this saying the suspicious printout has no reference to me and could be anyone

and also it is suspicious that the claim is 2 weeks before the debt would have been statute barred.

To be honest I don't think I have a leg to stand on but your advice would be appreciated.

Please will you put up the claim form and tell us a bit more about this in a structured chronology.

Is this an overdraft debt?

What defence did you enter. . If it was statute barred, did you get hold of statements of account from Santander ?

You need to get hold of full details of that last payment on 9th March ? Who made the payment, bank sort code/account or debit card used ?

Think you will need to make enquiries with Santander as a matter of urgency to verify when you last made a payment.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Do you mean you are going to court on 3rd July ?

If you do mean June, then I think you have missed it ?

You might be able to get hold of the last payment date by telephoning Santander. You don't need to tell them why you are asking, simply say you would like to establish the last payment date.

If they aren't helpful, then you can write to Howard Cohen requesting details of the payment.

Was it made by Direct Debit - Postal Order, cheque, over the phone, bank transfer or payment over the bank counter. Then you require supporting details for whatever method they say it was.

There are a lot of these "phantom" payments and they are usually seen off fairly swiftly.

If Howard Cohen don't provide this information in time, then it is important you raise the issue at court.

What was the amount of the payment and also was there a time lapse between this March payment and the previous payment.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

sorry mean 3rd July.

I have written to Santander and they have never replied.

It was for a car loan

the printout from Hoist (Howard Cohen) shows £8000 was taken out in March 2006

payments made regularly until 9.3.2009 reducing the balance to £3463.52

they then stopped

and the solicitors are now asking for £4364.53.

The printout does not show any name or account number it is just headed Santander.

The payment was £152.66 every month regularly from March 2006 to March 2009.

I have tried speaking to Santander on the phone as well

but as it was so long ago I cannot remember my security answers

and they won't speak to me :(

The payment was £152.66 every month regularly from March 2006 to March 2009.

Ah, so it wasn't an out of place payment.. darn it .

I have edited the thread title for the date :)

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Have you applied for a CCA? Have they sent one?

Please will you tell us what you put in your defence.

I have said that I do not acknowledge the debt.

I have asked Santander to provide information and they have failed to do so.

I do not accept that the date is correct as it is only 2 weeks before it will be statute barred.

I have asked for official information showing clear payments that I have made

and the dates that I have made them rather than just a slip of paper with payments and dates.

I have also asked the court that the original signed agreement be provided.

I have asked why the debt has increased by over £1000

and I have also asked that I be given time to pay if the judge finds in favour of Hoist.

Received a claim form from MCOL in November 2013

submitted my defence and heard nothing.

The debt is due to be over 6 years old at the end of the year.

Does this mean it is statute barred and cannot be pursued or because the creditor put in a claim form 18 months ago

does this give them the opportunity to collect forever?

You should be asking by what method this "mystery payment" was made i.e. cheque (cheque number and account), card payment (time, date, transaction code) - if bank transfer - which branch, time date etc.

It has been known for payments to appear on an account just before it becomes statute barred - a common one is for the £1 or £10 payment for a copy of CCA or SAR to be used as a payment on the account. When challenged these payments usually disappear and are labelled as "mistakes" - claim then goes away..............

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Received a claim form from MCOL in November 2013 submitted my defence and heard nothing. The debt is due to be over 6 years old at the end of the year. Does this mean it is statute barred and cannot be pursued or because the creditor put in a claim form 18 months ago does this give them the opportunity to collect forever?

Threads merged...please do not start new threads on the same matter.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 4 weeks later...

Hi -

tried to defend a claim from HOIST but the judge obviously did not read any of my defence and

now I have a 'General Form of Judgement ordering me to pay £4740 on or before 29th July 2015.'

As I do not have this amount and am struggling to pay anything at the moment could someone please tell me what I do now?

I did put in my defence that if judgement was awarded to the claimant

could I be allowed time to pay - but that was ignored too.

Thanks guys.

Did you admit the debt in your defence?

If so guaranteedway to get a CCJ

Shame you did not come here first

What was the history of the debt when was the last payment made

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)