style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3507 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes, sorry you lost your temper, but you have had or appear to have had issues with your employer for a long time, IMO this is just another, I reallly dont think rights come into this at the end of the day you lost your temper for whatever reason and with a customer? a minor reprimand would be a good outcome, I would suggest that you keep your nose clean and dont make waves for now about anything and look for another job.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Evening,

I wanted to pose something that happened at work today because its starting to worry me, in truth.

Basically, I have signed for a document by special delivery and this item has somewhere along the line gone missing.

When mail comes in of special delivery/recorded delivery nature, they are put into the relevant crates and the representative of the section then signs for the items in question from the crates or indeed, items that have been put to one side due to their size on the floor.

However, having checked our records, all of the items but this one I apparently signed for have been signed for.

Basically, our office is a three person team so its possible any one of us could have mucked up here - what concerns me is that this could come back to me because its my signature on the postman's digital box, despite the fact I am possibly not at fault and someone else may be.

My colleagues have tried to allay my worries but I wanted advice about what the best direction to go in here is and what are my rights in a situation like this?

The documents that went missing are legal papers - can these papers be replaced?

Many Thanks

Rob

I can't believe you are still working there....

You are probably ok if you folowed the correct procedure

"Legal papers" is a very broad term so the answer will be "it depends, ask the solicitor."

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Don't worry Emmzzi I am getting out of this as explained in a previous thread because I know the majority of crud I've had to deal with there wasn't my fault and if anything, it gets worse and not being modest, I know I am better than that.

Yes I followed the correct procedure, booking it in, putting it into the relevant box because if I had put it into the wrong box and directed the individual from that section to sign the wrong number, we would have had a signature and gone to that section and asked them to investigate, which in this case, we haven't. It just seems very bizarre its the only item we haven't got a signature for.

Any suggestions about my next move in this case, Emmzzi?

Thanks

Rob

await an investigation but if all 3 of you have access to the boxes what can they prove? In the meantime check nooks and crannies.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Thanks Emmzzi, you're a good friend. I will take this on board. They can carry out all the investigation they want at the end of the day and like you say, they can prove nothing because of the fact there's more than one person in the office.

However I will send an email to the section clerk to pass onto the individual concerned and tell them the situation and what they can do to try and rectify it. There's nothing to say the section clerk has misplaced it or telling fibs to protect themselves, possibly, as well.

Thanks again,

Rob

or y'know.. just ask if they picked it up and didn't sign. Don't make it a production number.

Thing is, the person said they haven't got it in their office - whose to say they're not trying to pass the buck to stop themselves getting in trouble and as you rightly say, its proving whose at fault and nobody can prove anything because nobody knows who is at fault.

My feeling is the item did go to the section because we have signatures for every other item and the signatures correspond and we haven't had any complaints to the contrary about items going missing. I think, like you say, the individual didn't sign for the item and has somehow got lost up their end.

Anyways, thanks for your help. I'm not worried anymore - let them do their investigation and if they try to lay anything at my door, I will simply go to the union and get them involved.

Never had much luck here in all truth. It started out OK, but gradually its gotten worse as time's gone on and there doesn't seem to be much to motivate or get satisfaction out of this job anymore, sadly. If I left, like some, I'd miss the people but I most certainly would not miss the job.

Don't worry Emmzzi, I'm going to be out of that place just as soon as the right opportunity arises... You know that when you're not enjoying the work and things are working against you, its time to move on.

No shame though as I've worked there for over 9 years so a change is definitely what the doctor ordered.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I know some of you know my position at my workplace already and I am currently looking into other employment options, you'll be glad to know.

However, before that happens, I want to run something by you for your opinion.

Basically, I had a management authority figure come in today and tell us as a group though I seem to do it most, to not tell the front of house, when parcels come in, who the parcels are for and to ring other departments in some cases.

However, these departments have select procedures in place for collecting their parcels. Also, the front of house are not obliged to call these departments, yet they do, from this authority figure's own words, try to contact these departments to try and get them to collect items, wherever possible.

So what is the difference if I ask who they are for if they are going to try and contact the departments anyway? All they would have to say is they are busy and cannot perform that duty at that time and I would be happy to go out and collect parcels etc. as I always am.

However, should I go out and get a parcel for a department who has set parcel-collecting procedures in place, I am often criticized for it and told why the couriers didn't get the front of house to call the department in the first place - in essence, I can't win.

Also, another interesting point is, what is the point of going out to the front of house/gate, only to find out the item isn't for you and then going back to the front of house and getting them to call the relevant department? This is not good time management and the time could be put to better use, doing more pro-active things.

Furthermore, our policy declares that we shouldn't be going out to collect personal mail items and this came from the individual who wrote the original policy yet work decided to conveniently, in my opinion, ignore it.

Thank you for your input. When I got home and told my family, to say they were livid was an understatement.

Hi

This is an interesting one as i assume someone from "Senior Managment" has verbally stated "to not tell the front of house, when parcels come in, who the parcels are for and to ring other departments in some cases".

BUT

As you have pointed out "these departments have select procedures in place for collecting their parcels. Also, the front of house are not obliged to call these departments".

I really think you need to clarify this situation and also request that it is put in writing to all those affected or that the Policies and Procedure for all department need to be amended so that all departments are singing from the same hymn sheet so to speak and you are covering yourself.

I do find it strange for someone in senior management to tell you to do something but not tell the other department who have set procedures in place for this.

Look at it this way say you do this and one of the department then complains that you breached procedure and should never of done XYZ and all of a sudden your up on a disciplinary with that senior manager denying what was said and putting it over in such a way that you were to follow that specific depts procedure.

Oh almost forgot as this was discussed as a "Group" was that meeting "Minuted" at all (i can already guess the answer)

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I agree with Stu.

I would want written clarification of how it was all supposed to work and possibly the chance to raise queries to be sure how it would all work. It sounds as if the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I agree with Stu.

I would want written clarification of how it was all supposed to work and possibly the chance to raise queries to be sure how it would all work. It sounds as if the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

HB

Thanks Honeybee - all the responses I have had so far seem to work in my favour. I just don't want a disciplinary to come up but another interesting point someone else raised was to just go out and pick parcels up, regardlessly, to save face and reputation etc. However, this detracts from the purpose of the exercise, though I could see their point.

• 3 months later...

Hi All, I want your advice on a work issue. Basically, my supervisor told me that she needed to go to lunch at a later time and innocently said that she could be a b*tch and tell me when to go. However, when my colleague returned from lunch, she questioned as to why the office was locked for an hour when this was just supposed to be for half an hour. This was an issue between management and supervisor, not for her to comment on.Then, she told me I should have gone at my normal time as to less adversely affect opening hours. I said casually I wasn't sure if you could have lunch breaks dictated to you by a senior authority, which in this case, wasn't the case and then I told my colleague about the comment she made.She strongly encouraged me to contact a union rep and she went on to try and find words to describe the conversation - I helped her along the way to allow her to find the words but at no point did I think of those words as having any type of conviction, otherwise I would have taken my supervisor to one side or made an official complaint. My colleague wanted me to write it down, what she said. I did so, to humour her, where I should have been stronger and told her to wind her neck in. However, the next morning, I shredded the note of the quote my supervisor used as I had no intention of taking it further, then or before. In essence, if my colleague was out of the picture, then I wouldn't have given any of the above a second thought. I told my supervisor what happened and she went to speak to her Line Manager and I spoke to my Line Manager and felt that she basically had made so much more of something that was at best, trivial. Finally, I feel that my colleague has caused a rift in the office and then proceeded to treat my supervisor as if nothing had happened when in fact, she was strongly encouraging behind her back to get her into trouble. I feel my colleague has betrayed my supervisor but also betrayed me in the fact that she threatened to take union action against me. How can me or my supervisor trust my colleague? As far as I am concerned, I don't want her working in the office. Any advice GREATLY appreciated. ThanksMr McKay

Hello there.

Are you still in the same job as when you last had problems?

How can me or my supervisor trust my colleague? As far as I am concerned, I don't want her working in the office. Any advice GREATLY appreciated.

Well, you know what she's like now. I have to say, I'm not sure a campaign to get rid of her is the right way to go. Do you think it's been blown out of proportion or not?

My best, HB

PS Some spacing in your post would make it easier to read.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Is this related to the many others similar threads you have started on which you have failed to action any advice given to you? If so why is this time any different?

Is this related to the many others similar threads you have started on which you have failed to action any advice given to you? If so why is this time any different?

In the end though, the issues resolved themselves and I now have a super supervisor to work for. It is my colleague who has tried to stir up trouble.

This time, I have taken action and my LM is going to give her a warning.

However, my concern was what this would mean for the future because now my colleague's in trouble and this could turn nasty. She tried to get the union in against me but was told to back off.

My support at work is exemplary and I have the entire building on my side so if this did turn into a drama, my colleague would only be engineering her own trap.

Thanks for your replies - they are appreciated.

Best advice for any drama is to ignore it and not get involved. That would be the adult approach, anyway.

Hello there.

Are you still in the same job as when you last had problems?

How can me or my supervisor trust my colleague? As far as I am concerned, I don't want her working in the office. Any advice GREATLY appreciated.

Well, you know what she's like now. I have to say, I'm not sure a campaign to get rid of her is the right way to go. Do you think it's been blown out of proportion or not?

My best, HB

PS Some spacing in your post would make it easier to read.

I'm sure that there are those who would campaign to get rid of her - don't get me wrong, she has a nice side to her personality at times, but her bad habits way outweigh her good ones when she gets going.

It makes me laugh she tries to get my super into trouble and is nice as pie to her after the event.

However, my LM is going to sort my colleague out now, so hopefully it will have a happy outcome.