My employer is trying get rid of me after 20 years service.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have worked for this large company for 20 years, we have just had a new area manager and a new depot manager who has clearly got a point to prove. I work in sales and by handing out disciplinary's she has me cornered and I fear I am about to loose my job. The disciplinary's are mainly down to sales targets but they aren't distributing the leads out evenly giving the most of them to colleges who she has brought into the depot. I have even seen my job already advertised on indeed and even on our own company job website.

Who do I need to talk to to get professional advice on this?

Hello, welcome to CAG.

We have people here who can advise, particularly @Emmzziif she's about.

You could also read up on ACAS's website and perhaps the CAB's, to expand your knowledge. ACAS have a helpline but I'm not clear what the standard of advice is these days.

Or you could look for an employment lawyer if you can afford the fees. If it was me I would wait to see what people here think first.

Please bear with us until people are able to get here. :)

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Agree that Trade Union or employment expert advice is required ( ACAS are good at offering information on employment rights, if you speak to them)

You need to start putting together a folder of evidence.  Get hold of your contract of employment documents, if you don't have them. Also get hold of all records related to your performance against the targets you were set.  Start to record all interactions with your managers and HR.  Insist that all meetings have minutes taken and agreed. 

If you end up being dismissed due to failure to meet the performance  level expected  by your employers, you need arm yourself with as much evidence as you can obtain, just in case you wanted to take it to employment tribunal.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I would consider raising a grievance. You met your targets when sales leads were distributed fairly; you would like that to happen again.

You will need to show the change between then and now, and that the method is indeed unfair, and not that you had an unfair advantage previously.

Have these been formal disciplinaries? Have they followed the proper process? Have you appealed against them?

• Like 1

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/08/2023 at 17:30, Ethel Street said:

Are you in a union?

Absolutely fundamental. Obviously, getting a good employment lawyer is useful. Still, not everyone can afford it, whereas a trade union will usually be able to provide access to legal advice and organise representation as part of its role.  However, some unions will not assist in cases that originated prior to a member joining.