What Made You Want To Swear Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2134 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes its been activated 3 times. Connif l have a thread in general retail or summing posted it today.

Basically last april or may brought a comp from them with win 7 on. Was a bloody good bargin for what l got but it worked fine at first then one sunday it went to not genuine called them the monday and they fixed it went again in Nov and they fixed it and then again they day they went into admistration. I called my local store just as they found out and were closing the shop up.

The thing is also l have no discs or product keys or anything re the win 7 as everything was kept buy the store or there repair place. It was on and active when l brought it thats all l know.

Edited by The GodMother
More info

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No green sticker at the bottom? like this win7productkey1.png

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

My son was given a sample of personal lubricant at sex ed recently.

I felt a hot flush come on when he plopped the sachet in my lap, aaarrgghhhhh :!:

Ive dealt with the subject of condoms but lubricant, eeeewwwwww.

They should call these samples mother torturing devices and time how long a hot flush takes to appear, my son does:lol::lol:

In all seriousness good they cover the bases with the kids, but I expected him to appear with a few condoms but that shocked me.

I can imagine a few funny shaped balloons about.

OK, no gory details, but I'm allergic to many of these.... don't even ask how I found that out....

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Not as far as l can see. Its not on the bottom top or sides.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

OK, no gory details, but I'm allergic to many of these.... don't even ask how I found that out....

TMI locotus!!:shock::lol:

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Brought from them and now had for the 3rd time not genuine re my win 7 proffessional. GGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

You may be able to activate it using their automated phone service. I have activated a few versions like this for other people. Even if they may not have been genuine.

http://www.kodyaz.com/articles/how-to-activate-windows-7-by-phone.aspx

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Do l need anything for this Sod'em like anything off the original disc as l have no disc not one piece of info about the instalation or anything.

Do l need anything for this Sod'em like anything off the original disc as l have no disc not one piece of info about the instalation or anything.

That's the surest indication that it is not genuine. Not genuine means that he will have had one disc and used the same key on all the installs he has done.

PKF are the Administrators and have a dedicated phone for Bennetts - 0845 458 2000. Give them a ring and ask how you put your claim in. You are only after the cost of the Windows 7 which in PC World is £139.95. http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/microsoft-windows-7-home-premium-03351305-pdt.html

You won't need Professional or Ultimate for home use.

There is a lot of stock so unless he is way way behind in paying invoices, you stand a good chance of getting a contribution.

http://www.bennettsonline.co.uk/#

Edited by Conniff

GRR i hate it when people give u attitude and say basically its ur own fault.

Ok so tried conniffs idea of speaking to the admistrators and got the engaged tone all afternoon. Must have a few annoyed customers. Anyway l decided to ring round and see how much people would charge me for a copy of win 7 spoke to a few nice people who basically were very symaphetic and said theyy would speak to managers and see what they would be able to do. Well l spoke to some guy in PC world utter prat, please note this is the kind name for him.

If awards were given out for being a complete and utter ninkin poop unsymaphetic and very much having a major attitude problem and telling customers its there own fault l am making him the winner.

he turn round and said to me we dont do price matching we dont do discount and i don not symaphise with you. U should have brought it from a decent retailor like us in the first place. and hung up on me.

Well Mr attitude l have complained to your company head office and told them the reason l did not buy from you in the first place. U spend 5 minutes discussing a decent price then 3 hours arguing over having insurance. Anyways l went else were as they were not forcing the extended warrenty on me and there price was about £75 cheaper. Som there suck on those Apples

Yes l know l am partly resonsible for my own problem l went for a product l thought was real and had no reason not to believe its real and went for a cheaper price but l did not know the company was going bust.

GM. A friend of mine bought 2 laptops from a car boot sale. Both had Windows installed. I had to update them for him (put the right security and stuff on them). Neither had a genuine copy of Windows. I called the automated phone line and they give you a proper license number (25 digits long I think). You would be best writing the number down as the machine gives it to you rather than try to put the number in as you go along. If I remember correctly, it asked where I got the laptop from. You get a multiple choice and I just pressed the number for 'got it from a shop'. There was no real person involved, so no awkward questions. I would just give it a try, you have nothing to lose.

Edited by SOD'EM

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

ok will see what l can do with it.

DG

That made me "smile today".

There was a Rowan Atkinson (I think) sketch on this very thing. People filled up with petrol to the exact pound, and RA, in the shop, clicked it over to the odd penny over the top. Are you sure the guys at the petrol station weren't doing the same thing?!!! Maybe it wasn't you after all.:-)

Put it this way. I learnt last night not when planning pizza and new movie to not combine:

Dominos and Jackass 3:!:

Was rather poorly:|

Fun though:-o

Kids said next time I say pop down the shop for choccy, they will put it on as a deterant and I think it would work:mad2:

Oh dear WI. Somehow kids and sympathy don't seem to go together do they.:lol:

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hahahahaha. Mind you I couldn't sit through Bruno.

To anyone who has seen jackass 3, all I need to say for sympathy, or okay laughter, is the scene involving the model railway and the portable loo that flung in the air.

:lol:

Those in the film must have kept their parents busy when growing up:lol:

My dad is having heart bypass surgery tomorrow :sad:. Came as a bit of a shock. They only found out last monday that there was a problem. i'm glad in some ways that they are where they are (the states) as I know he will get better care than he would here, but it's bloody hard to not be able to be there for him and my mum at times like this. It would be nice to give them a big pup hug. It doesn't help that I know a bit too much about this sort of thing, with what my '2nd family' have been through with their hearts over the years. I keep scaring myself. I know these things are done all the time, but knowing that if something were to go wrong, there's no way I could get there in time, does add a bit of weight to the shoulders.

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

Hope all goes well Mungy x

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

The uncanny ability of lawn weeds to duck in avoidance of oncoming steel blades spinning at 3,500 times a minute, despite every effort.

Particularly annoying is how they pop up unscathed and wave in a 'Ha, you missed' fashion after every repeated pass.

If only my flowers showed such determination to survive.

Cat sitting on my car. . . . I only just washed it. . . .grrrrrr.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers