• Tweets

• You can't, but you can (and really should) bring up the point that the lender isn't meeting their legal obligations in selling the property for fair market value. You'll have to do this in court, though.     A receiver is bought in by the lender, not you. If they're a registered insolvency practitioner, you may be able to raise a complaint to the insolvency service but there are no guarantees here. Many receivers are also registered with the RICS and self-regulate so if you know the name of the receiver you can check there, again no guarantees.   https://www.rics.org/surveyor-careers/career-development/accreditations/registered-property-receivership-scheme
    • China green-lights mass production of autonomous flying taxis — with commercial flights set for 2025 | Live Science WWW.LIVESCIENCE.COM The EHang EH216-S autonomous flying taxi is the first eVTOL ready for mass production and could lead the way for flying cars around...  
    • Lolerz - I don't understand you.  Rebuked you?   No. I simply replied to your orange comments with legal facts as I know them.  I've already worked through the s42 and s146 issues - over the last 3-4y - and these issues are (mostly) resolved legally.  In terms of posting evidence.  Sure I can post some.  But my most recent questions have been a) how can I enforce a sale before trial?  And b) how can I make a complaint and/or a claim v receiver? (E.g. to which body do I complain?).  At the mo I'm asking for some helpful pointers on those specific questions??  I'm not asking for help with how to prove or present evidence. Fwiw - all evidence for trial has been disclosed (although additions are poss). The lender sent me like 10,000 emails and docs.  There's also 000s of emails, docs, photos, videos, recordings and texts that relate to freeholders/ me.   I read, filed and categorised everything for ease of future reference.  Witness statements and evidence were prepared for trial in the 42 and 146 matters. (now joined with current claim to save duplication).  I've lived the process before.  My current statement and linked evidence has taken like 6 months to draft/ write - to ensure I can succinctly prove my defence and counterclaim points.   Whether I can convince a judge at trial w/o lawyer / barrister is debatable 🙄   But I've prepared.  And continue to try better prepare - which is why I visit this site (and clinics).  This is NOT my business or expertise at all.  I'm just trying.  Not that anyone should ever have to justify why they need help if they ask politely! 
    • Thanks for the other info will also take a look at that.
    • It doesn't use the word reconstructed in the cover letter.  Although, I have just noticed on the cover letter they have asked me to complete a financial statement and offer a repayment within the next 10 days, or they will continue to follow court directions.  They sent a separate letter on the same day advising me they will be continuing with their claim ?  They have done the same for both claims.  Is it worth just doing that - doing the financial breakdown and offering a x amount.    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3633 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had to sign on for the first time yesterday. I was asked for my email address so that they could check Universal Jobmatch, etc. I asked if it was a compulsory requirement - they said NO, so I declined to give them them the information and the staff member made a note on my file. No problem! Once it becomes compulsory, I suppose we'll have to provide our email information but until then ...................... no thanks.

Impecunious!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info on 'saving' jobs - I understand that

'If an advisor knows you quite well' - I see a different 'advisor' all the time so there's no chance any of them will get to know me. Each time I go in I 'wonder what this ones going to be like' (some are really nice, some are definately in the wrong job!)

'Job isn't in my desired industry' and 'Job doesn't match my career level' can also get you in trouble. As you said earlier, if you CAN do a job you are expected to apply. The fact you might not particularly like it or have to work at a career level way below what you have previously achieved counts for nothing.

Looks like trying to find a new job and receiving JSA is a minefield and we all receive a different level of service. My jobseekers agreement states that I only have to apply for a specific job in my preferred sector for a period of 3 months, after which I have agreed to extend my search. I was also told that I wouldn't be expected to take a job that didn't match my experience, salary expectations or qualifications.

Lucky me!

Impecunious!

At first you wont "be expected to take a job that didn't match my experience, salary expectations or qualifications" buit after a few months you'll be expected to wash dishes for an appropriate renumeration if a local post comes up.

I have made about 50 applications in the last months and a half on UJM and I have received 0 feedback. I know most jobs are fake but the I suspect that employers don't even receive the CVs through the system.

It's perfect for those who want to be on the dole forever. Fire 10 random applications a day, make the Jobcentre happy, get the cash every two weeks.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

employers will get swamped with cv applications from people not wanting the job but who are just 'making up the numbers' on their jobsearch record and the people who really want the vacancy will be missed in the melee

I use to see these comments made quite frequently over at the UK Business forum by disgruntled employers. The consensus amongst them was to simply avoid the JC website as, you quite rightly mentioned, to stop time-wasters who're only interested in padding out their jobsearch diary.

I use to see these comments made quite frequently over at the UK Business forum by disgruntled employers. The consensus amongst them was to simply avoid the JC website as, you quite rightly mentioned, to stop time-wasters who're only interested in padding out their jobsearch diary.

Time wasting aside, particularly employers who refuse to pay staff a living wage, and otherwise rely on In Work Benefits as a taxpayer sub...I am sure that employers will be even more disgruntled now.... given that the uprating of In Work Benefits will be restricted to 1% for the next 3 years.

Time wasting aside, particularly employers who refuse to pay staff a living wage, and otherwise rely on In Work Benefits as a taxpayer sub...I am sure that employers will be even more disgruntled now.... given that the uprating of In Work Benefits will be restricted to 1% for the next 3 years.

and MPs think they deserve a payrise of over 30% :O

I have made about 50 applications in the last months and a half on UJM and I have received 0 feedback. I know most jobs are fake but the I suspect that employers don't even receive the CVs through the system.

It's perfect for those who want to be on the dole forever. Fire 10 random applications a day, make the Jobcentre happy, get the cash every two weeks.

Same for me, out of 80 applications only one has been viewed, waste of time!!

and MPs think they deserve a payrise of over 30% :O

I know.... our hearts should bleed for them. However, surely at this time, We should simply support the desire of MP's to be offered a generous increase..... say..... the 1% increase over the next three years which those in receipt of In Work Benefits are subject to, and at the level which recipients of JSA will receive. I am confident that MP's would accept with generousity, an increase of £0.71 in their salary for each year for the next three years.

How can an "advisor" save a job for me when I've not given permission for them to view my account?

Read the Terms and Conditions and Privacy Agreement....essentially, when you create an account under UJM, you accept that Monster is a Data Processor which operates the system on behalf of the DWP, and that the DWP may process the data in whatever way it sees fit. Your account may be viewed by anyone which the DWP decrees should have access privileges. The data is no different to that retained by JCP, and transferred to Welfare To Work Employers, whenever candidates are assigned to the Work Programme.

Worse - under the Terms and Conditions which you sign up to, Monster makes it clear that they accept no responsibility for any information contained on any other website... consequently, candidates using UJ may be matched to non existant vacancies, vacancies which had closed previously, and other vacancies which are simply posted to support fraudulent practises and criminal activity.

If you are not happy, you can delete your account, no sanction will apply, it is not mandatory to create an account yet.... and simply maintain a paper based Job Search Record.

Edited by RebeccaPidgeon
Additional Information Submitted

This Universal Jobmatch sounds so dodgy. The options for why didn't apply for job also sound extremely like they have been set up to trip you, making it easier to sanction. I can see all those awful ''Earn 100k a year plus!'' type jobs that are sales jobs being on there, and the DWP wanting you to apply for these.

its funny how ever since stupid old IDS's site has came on the scene i'm finding twice as many jobs as i did before on other job sites, what an idiot IDS is for spending millions on a UJM that eventually end up been scrapped because everyone will desert it due to privacy issues etc...IDS, your a total and utter retard mate..you should be in a mental institution!!!

I'm talking about when an advisor has access to your account.

If I gave access to my account to DWP I would have to apply for any saved jobs by an advisor or it could lead to a sanction. Giving a reason for not applying is also evidence we've actually looked at the vacancy's description/page. I don't see any of it as being of help, just a way for DWP to 'spy' on us and sanction at the earliest possible moment. I can't think of a reason not to sign up to UJM if you're genuinely job hunting (in fact you have to to apply for some jobs! - I say apply, I mean just fire off a CV,, and thats no good in most cases) but the threat of sanctions seems a fantastic reason for not allowing DWP access.

edit: I just had a quick look on direct.gov. Of the 8 reasons you can give for not applying for a job, 5 can definately possibly lead to sanctions. 1 of the remaining 3 is dodgy also (doesn't match skills). 'Too far from home' would have to be proved (90 mins by jet isn't it - max distance?) which just leaves 'already applied' as the only 'safe' option.

Unfortunately, the problem arises if a JCP Advisor asks a candidate for proof that an application has been made, and they cannot offer proof.... Sanction Doubt.

I also cannot think of a reason for any serious job seeker not to sign up to UJM.... except for the fact that as, acknowledged by Monster Corporation within the Terms and Conditions, "..does not accept liability or responsibility for incorrect information on any other website", vacancies which may be posted on UJM, whilst being advertised, may not necessarily be legitimate and live, at the time of being posted.

Even if a candidate, in creating a UJM Account, does not authorise the "DWP to access your accounts", this option is irrelevant.... given that, in creating a UJM Account, with Monster operating the system on behalf of the DWP, and being considered a Data Processor from the premise of Data Protection Legislation, has to process the data in accordance with the directives of the DWP.

Just had a look there - tons of junk, [problem] and job ads with the wrong location on some e.g put in your postcode and giving you vacancies for not just jobs 40 miles away, but 400!

I'm in at the dole this week on Thursday and not looking forward to the third degree about why I haven't signed up.

How are people who are on UJ getting on with the process?

Unfortunately, the problem arises if a JCP Advisor asks a candidate for proof that an application has been made, and they cannot offer proof.... Sanction Doubt.

I also cannot think of a reason for any serious job seeker not to sign up to UJM.... except for the fact that as, acknowledged by Monster Corporation within the Terms and Conditions, "..does not accept liability or responsibility for incorrect information on any other website", vacancies which may be posted on UJM, whilst being advertised, may not necessarily be legitimate and live, at the time of being posted.

Even if a candidate, in creating a UJM Account, does not authorise the "DWP to access your accounts", this option is irrelevant.... given that, in creating a UJM Account, with Monster operating the system on behalf of the DWP, and being considered a Data Processor from the premise of Data Protection Legislation, has to process the data in accordance with the directives of the DWP.

well im a seriously job seeker but i do not intend signing up to UJM because its a corrupt site full of fake jobs and it was the idea of a sick corrupt mentally unstable man, plus UJM only has 1 goal and that is to invent reasons to sanction claimants.

web beacons are an intrusion of privacy and i can see no use for them. The DWP has failed to confirm if these weB beacons are transferable to other web pages not associated with UJM.

recording a users ISP address can serve no purpose but for some sort of covert or tracking reasons

even though it is not compulsory for claimants to sign up to UJM, the DWP staff are making it out that it is compulsory with threat of sanctions. The DWP are also not informing claimants of the data protection issues also, and that claimants are signing away their DPA rights by signing up to this service

Seems some sort of direction has come from above on this to the DWP staff, be it performance issues, targets, Orwellian reasons, what ever.

it realy has come to something where the state resorts to a bully boy tactic with no statutory powers to force people to do its will

i did a little experiment

1/ i opened an account with universal jobs match

2/ i used a new email address

3/ i entered bogus name, postcode etc

4/ i confirmed that i decline access to any third party or receive offers by email from universal jobs match

5/ i received a gateway pass code

a week later i start getting emails from universal jobs match with job vacancies. only problem is these job offers are at least 50 miles away.

We found new jobs that match your criteria.

i never consented to universal jobs match to start sending me unsolicited spam emails either

i did a little experiment

1/ i opened an account with universal jobs match

2/ i used a new email address

3/ i entered bogus name, postcode etc

4/ i confirmed that i decline access to any third party or receive offers by email from universal jobs match

5/ i received a gateway pass code

a week later i start getting emails from universal jobs match with job vacancies. only problem is these job offers are at least 50 miles away.

We found new jobs that match your criteria.

i never consented to universal jobs match to start sending me unsolicited spam emails either

I meant don't consent to signing up to it in the first place,for the reasons above.If you look on consentme.uk it will give all the info you need to arm yourself.no pun intended.I'm on the workfare at INGEUS.They've been trying to induct me for 8 months.I won't consent to share anymore personal data than DWP & JS + Already hold about me.Check the site out it might just pay dividends.