Which DCA is the worst?

sequenci
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5378 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Newman and Coy (American Express) - completely unreasonable. Credit Solutions are pretty aggressive too.

All comments are my personal views - if in doubt then seek professional advice. If you think i've helped then please tip my scales.

• 1 month later...

NCO - as they seem to just pick numbers out of the phone book and 'chase' for non existent debt! Doesn't seem to matter if the people they are calling aren't who they say they are, or don't actually owe any money to anyone!

Scandalous!

Abbey - 547.00 settled in full.

Second claim: £204 WON.

Barclaycard - 142.88 incl interest due WON BY DEFAULT as they didn't even bother entering a defence. Barclaycard paid up £184.88.

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

Capital One Concluded £148

Kinda disappointed I've no more banks to go after now...

Lowell Financial (Cap One) & BLS Collections (LTSB) - Equally.

I'll back you up here Diskmandave :) !!!! Lowell without a doubt, or Hamptons, capitol one whatever else they wish to call themselves !!!!:mad:

The Good:

Blair Oliver and Scott

Rockwell Debt Collection Agency

The Bad:

1st Credit

Buchanan Clark and Wells

Robinson Way and Co

CDRU

The Ugly:

Wescot

Scotcall

Credit Security

Completed:

Woolwich: Received £30

Intelligent Finance: Received £1100 after two years and approximately 20 letters, 6 pieces of hair and an eyeball.

Barclaycard: Received £90

HFC: Received £170

WESTCOT, oh sod it they all are, especiallythose that are reading from a script, and wont let you get a word in, until theyve come to the end of their sentence...presuming some of them can read.....and reeeelase

My personal favourites are Intrum Justitia and Wescot :D

when I say favourites, I mean favourites to have all their offices burnt to the ground and all their staff thrown in a dungeon, then given personality transplants before allowing them to interact in society again

I phoned IJ a couple of times once and they don't even answer with "hello?" they go straight to "Reference number first" :-|

I got confused and thought I had been captured by the enemy....just gave my name, rank, number then hung up :-?

Hit the scales, you know you want to :p

My worse ones are reliable collections for JD Williams - they send out letters that look like they've enforced things in court & are rude and shout on the phone!

Ooooooo and the Natwest collections centre in Birmingham total ignoramouses!! they write you letters saying they will freeze actions on your account then the following day send other letters for referral charges PAH total ninkampoops!! I'm dealing with them now and they smell:D

NatWest : £857.00 won! March/07

Natwest : Witholding my statements & adding defaults etc , S.A.R sent Jan/08

Natwest for my partner : £2,101.00 won! Feb/07

Studio Cards : Refund for admin charges £108 Won! Dec/07

Complaint made to FOS for P.P.I Jan/08

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Littlewoods : defaulted on CCA request Feb/07

DCA's that crawled out from the woodwork and have crawled back : 28 so far!!

My favourite link on CAG:

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

Westcot - who are now in breach after contacting me about a Readers Union acccount, wonderful conversation was had where I was told to go directly to the police and report a fraud, I said "Will do, as your company have committed the fraud by sending a threatening letter about a non-existant debt." Requested info on the account and was told by their prat he had all this, including copy signatures for items received and I would get them in a week (I did get his name btw) and have heard nothing further - that was three weeks ago.

Capital One - Seeing Trading Standards today about them, will report back what they say - but as I am single white working female I don't expect much help...

Most annoying is Mercers AKA Morons - they obviously can't read.

Biggest liars has to be NDR. They are full of it ..... or should that be S**T........ hmmm

Funniest has to be Robinson Way. Their letters crack me up. I think they employ 5 year olds to type them up.

Least offensive (IMO) Moorcroft. Not had too much stress from them.

Link Financial are rude, bullying, threatening and intimidating on the phone, but as I've posted elsewhere are a carnival of clowns when it comes to complying with the CCA and DPA.

Capquest kept phoning me leaving an automated message, the few times I did speak to them they were after a completely different person but refused to stop the calls until I got all legal with them.

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)