style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 998 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I voted Brexit because I want our elected representatives to make our laws and not be governed by an unelected elite in a political union. What's wrong with that ?..

No country is truly independent. Business is transacted across the world and you have to comply with standards required. If there is any new EU legislation on business or consumer safety standards, most of the time the UK would be implementing any changes.

Brexit would mean very little in terms of people feeling more independent and having more rights.

I am no fan of an EU super state and Brussels parliament being so involved in every aspect of life. But i look at things in the round and decide based on a calculation of what is best for UK interests. I believe the UK is better off being part of an EU trading bloc with over 500 million people and we benefit from free movement of EU nationals. The City of London financial centre earns tens of billions being the main financial hub within the EU. Outside of the EU, the UK will lose much of this work and UK treasury will lose the tax revenues gained. This means less money for NHS, schools, unless government increases taxes.

A little bit of independence at great cost. That is what Brexit means !

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Scotland voted to get out of Europe as there vote was part of the UK..

As an independent entity like N.Ireland I understand that the Scottish voted in the majority as did N.Ireland to remain in Europe. But I agree as part of the UK they voted to exit. I know you know what im trying to say CD, namely how democratic is the UK really with a southern centric slant.

Lets talk money.It is said by the wise ones that when the divorce papers come through after all the haggling the UK will be in pocket by about 200 million a week.

To spend on what it wants,NHS etc.

Trouble is how much is the UK in hock Over one trillion a wise one has just said and increasing.

And why are so many people skint after being in the EU so long.

Just had a look at the EU members and the relative poverty levels,oh dear.No wonder many fancy coming to our shores.

Confused as i ever was.And probably always will be.

Just lifting another floorboard to put some dosh in,i trust no one any more,Banks,Government anyone.:-)

If i can see it no one can make it vanish.

Just looking around to make sure nobody is watching me.

Do not tell anyone the old owl has a stash.

Pained me to get rid of all those old fivers and swap them for plastic ones.

Whose bright idea was that.They said you can not tear them,oh yes you can.And i dare not put them in the washing machine.

Your comments are bias, unsubstantiated, you just proved that you don't like other non EU citizens crossing the UK borders. That's your responsibility to check , address and lunacy blame EU because they will surely use false IDs even after Brexit. Brexit is about EU and I agree we need to get our stuff back. Please help campain for returning the Parthernon from Athens to Athen, plus all the paintings from your National Gallery to their place of origin such as Italy, France, Germany, Netherlands, Portugal, etc....Please................

It's very unfair for EU citizens they would have to feed British economy just to see their heritate. Brexiters please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What I am saying is Scotland voted to either stay or leave the EU, and they did so as themselves being part of the UK.

On the other issue of Scottish independence, if Scotland want to go for independence again from the rest of the UK, then so be it, then they would be free as an independent country to join the EU..

Your comments are bias, unsubstantiated, you just proved that you don't like other non EU citizens crossing the UK borders. That's your responsibility to check , address and lunacy blame EU because they will surely use false IDs even after Brexit. Brexit is about EU and I agree we need to get our stuff back. Please help campain for returning the Parthernon from Athens to Athen, plus all the paintings from your National Gallery to their place of origin such as Italy, France, Germany, Netherlands, Portugal, etc....Please................

It's very unfair for EU citizens they would have to feed British economy just to see their heritate. Brexiters please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am i missing something.Have i missed a post somewhere.

Could you break that up a little.

You sound a little upset.

We are a friendly lot in here and enjoy a little banter between ourselves.

And would never mean to upset or distress anyone.

Of any nationality,or opinion.

Round them up? And tie them with piano wire perhaps? Where is this going? Very worrying trends emerging!

If this had been posted about Muslims, Jews, blacks, Asians, etc. the post would have been removed by the mods over there but, as it refers to Europeans, it's perfectly fine:

Hi Noah1,

I think the quote that upset you was a quote that appeared in a newspaper.Written by someone else.

No one here would suggest such a thing,many of us in here trade with EU nationals and get on with them very well.

And work with them or have worked with them.I find them pleasant and easy to talk to.And have been surprised how many can talk so many languages.

Keep chatting away,i like to get to the bottom of things.

• Haha 1

Hi, My previous post was in response to: king12345

I am a EU national myself.

Never took british citizenship despite being here since early 80s.

Never took a penny in benefits, never been in trouble with police, never had unpaid debts, always paid tax, had private health insurance for the past 20 years to avoid clogging the NHS.

I proudly say that i am the kind of EU national that contributes to UK society rather than being a burden.

Babim! Baboom!

Dear Laura, Would you be so kind and paste some links about the laws you quoted in your post? Appreciate it.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2006/1003/pdfs/uksi_20061003_en.pdf

Permanent right of residence 15.—

(1) The following persons shall acquire the right to reside in the United Kingdom permanently—

(a) an EEA national who has resided in the United Kingdom in accordance with these Regulations for a continuous period of five years;

(b) a family member of an EEA national who is not himself an EEA national but who has resided in the United Kingdom with the EEA national in accordance with these Regulations for a continuous period of five years;

© a worker or self-employed person who has ceased activity;

(d) the family member of a worker or self-employed person who has ceased activity;

(e) a person who was the family member of a worker or self-employed person where—

(i) the worker or self-employed person has died;

(ii) the family member resided with him immediately before his death; and

(iii) the worker or self-employed person had resided continuously in the United Kingdom for at least the two years immediately before his death or the death was the result of an accident at work or an occupational disease;

(f) a person who—

(i) has resided in the United Kingdom in accordance with these Regulations for a continuous period of five years; and

(ii) was, at the end of that period, a family member who has retained the right of residence.

(2) Once acquired, the right of permanent residence under this regulation shall be lost only through absence from the United Kingdom for a period exceeding two consecutive years.

Persons not subject to restriction on the period for which they may remain 2.—

(1) For the purposes of the 1971 Act and the British Nationality Act 1981(a), a person who has a permanent right of residence under regulation 15 shall be regarded as a person who is in the United Kingdom without being subject under the immigration laws to any restriction on the period for which he may remain.

The only people that don't want Brexit are people who don't believe in democracy, think about it, there was a vote, the out vote won and don't give me that old chestnut it was only advisory, the question was a straight forward question with just a yes or no answer..

The question was "would you like to leave the EU" without actually saying what that would mean. Would be like asking you whether you'd like to live in another country, without telling you which country or under what conditions.

As an independent entity like N.Ireland I understand that the Scottish voted in the majority as did N.Ireland to remain in Europe. But I agree as part of the UK they voted to exit. I know you know what im trying to say CD, namely how democratic is the UK really with a southern centric slant.

I believe Londoners voted to remain, in fact, there was even something about London becoming independent and joining the EU.

Hi Noah1,

I think the quote that upset you was a quote that appeared in a newspaper.Written by someone else.

No one here would suggest such a thing,many of us in here trade with EU nationals and get on with them very well.

And work with them or have worked with them.I find them pleasant and easy to talk to.And have been surprised how many can talk so many languages.

Keep chatting away,i like to get to the bottom of things.

Noah, Im pretty sure that was a tongue in cheek comment.

Yes, I quoted a comment posted on the Daily Mail article where someone said "round them up". The rest was sarcasm, like when I said it was perfectly fine to be racist and xenophobic as long as the targets were white/European. You must admit any similar comments addressed to other ethnic groups would never be allowed to stand.

We voted as part of the UK, there was no conditions to the question and it was a straight forward yes or no

Really? Why is it Brexiters always end up resorting to that old chestnut: "We won, you are all a bunch of sore losers"?

and no one can complain

Why not? It's supposed to be a free country.

but of course the bleeding hearts will moan, I say the best thing to do is ignore em..

This thread is not about bleeding hearts or even opposition to Brexit as such, it expresses concerns about xenophobia and ignorance of the law on the part of many Brexiters. That fact there were some who thought all EU citizens would have to leave, and that it would even affect non EU migration, shows how much it was NOT a straightforward yes or no question.

I can't see the point in a continuing debate about Brexit, as this is going to go on for years. I don't believe Brexit will happen by Summer 2019. The only reason the government says this, is that the next election is due in May 2020.

If you continue the debate it will just go round in circles and get too heated.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

First of all the possible reasons given.

Several theories abound as to why but the most likely explanation was a rogue algorithm in an which triggered a wider sell-off.

It happened shortly after the publication of a report by the Financial Times that French president Francois Hollande had demanded a tough stance on Brexit negotiations.

IG Markets' analyst Angus Nicholson said it,

can you believe such a thing existed- adding that "given low volumes in the Asian session, it would have forced other algorithms to join in and magnify the fall."

Other possible reasons include a so-called 'fat finger' trade - human error.

A fat finger would you believe it.

Now as i have seen in the past couple of weeks the suits,the bankers losing thousands of jobs to automation across Europe, even on Wall Street it seems Automation is beginning to take over the asylum.

I am hoping that soon an automated error will fill up my bank account and i will immediately retire to a tropical island.

Automated sells?

No bug, but yes all the systems are autiomated. BUT ...

It was automated BUY systems that actually saved the pound ...

As I previously stated here, the pound is now 'rated' for $1.18 up to actual triggering of article 50 (possibly before depending on when the sell rush starts, possibly after if no actual changes are in place). So when the pound approached the projected 'bottom' $1.18 (check the figures yourself) automated BUYS stopped the £ from crashing further.

The £ value once Brexit starts has long been rated at even lower $1.10.

and if you think thats BAD, then also consider that the dollar itself has been falling against other currencies like the yen.

So the £ is falling even against other falling currencies.

Its already difficult to get 1 euro for a pound in the exchanges. $1.20/E1.10 is for the money markets - NOT people going on holiday or companies buying materials

So those that think a weaker pound is great news can look forward to a rosy future. Including

Holidays, imports (materials and goods) and national debt 15-25% more expensive, and back to significant inflation in the UK (also a mixed 'blessing')

National income (tax revenues) falling by upto £60B (high end of the realistic figures - just watch the current news channels to add to a potential existing £40B black hole - as stated pre Brexit vote but only now 'newsworthy'.

Read a summary of some of these issues here:

https://www.ft.com/content/dfb375be-8c23-11e6-8cb7-e7ada1d123b1

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/currency

All the talk about UK business that the EU NEEDS?

Rubbish - many of these companies are here because of:

* Financial protection from EU regulations while being able to trade (Camerons special deal which is now GONE)

Add no protection to even minimal added tariffs and those companies will be gone.

These companies are international and few are even nominally owned by UK nationals - they are here because it was advantageous.

Amazing that people are still giving ANY credence whatsoever to Boris and the liars/deluded who think the EU will come running begging for a deal.

Try going into a pub full of customers and offering them 10p for a pint of stella. - You will end up out on your ear. Same principle.

Add to that selling our future and national infrastucture to foreign interests, with even the Nuclear power stations, HS2 and and trident replacements being built with foreign money and foreign steel (at + 25% cost due to falling pound) ....

That is the REAL foreign nations controlling our country.

We are currently a nation dependent on external money and resources that we could never really afford, and certainly cant now that its cost has increased by 15% - and rising (25% realistically expected).

Food prices will rise quickly, although offset somewhat by the long ongoing supermarket price wars - which is of itself damaging the UKs farmers.

The only now the UK PEOPLE (not big business) going forward is internal to the UK infrastructure projects just like Germany did rebuilding (twice).

Start with roads, dams/electric power and invest in making the UL the worlds leader in modular nuclear power stations.

Please note I'm not subscribed to any threads here but may drop back for a look from time to time

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 998 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks