Bottle Water co employee took mints - Co. then proceeds to take us to court over agreement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2832 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So, long story short,

we caught the Water bottle provider (for office water) filling his pockets with mints from the meeting room.

He was only supposed to, and trusted with, being in there to change the water bottles over.

we dont want this little thief in the building any longer

we called to terminate the water contract

- they have stated

a) they dont give two hoots about their staff and

b) they wont cancel the water order, will, come to premises and take the goods and continue to bill us

c) "bring it on, we have lawyers"

No apology, nothing.

here is the agreement enclosed that we signed,

yes we can give three months notice as its dated 2014.

what rights do I have

- without court, bearing in mind its a civil agreement not a criminal one

- yet my issue is technically criminal (ok its only mints but the principle is there).

we threatend the fact we may call the police about this and for them to just take their stuff and go - but he proceeded to take that as blackmail!

We just dont want them in the building ever again nor do we want to pay them a penny more!

They are also member sof:

http://safecontractor.com/

and

http://bwca.org.uk/

agreement3.jpg

agreement2.jpg

agreement.jpg

Who is the water company

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Well IMO, you hold all of the cards, if you no longer want them in the building, simply STOP paying them, return all of their equipment if feasible.

Again IMO, any contract you may have had is well and truly finished as they have breached it by employing a thief, if they choose to do nothing about their staff then you'll stop dealing with them, and I would definitely be reporting them to the regulators also.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Are you really terminating the contract for a handful of mints or you were thinking about it anyway?

I really would not like to be in your shoes when you're taken to court and explain that you considered the contract breached because of some free mints.

Honestly, it seems that there's more to this story.

Yes, we witnessed this. He was downstairs a long time, and on inspection he was literally filling his pockets, it wasnted 'a mint' or a couple of mints - and they wernt in the reception or public area, they were mints in a meeting room of which he was only supposed to be changing the water filter

Yes the police were called.

At the end of the day, you are trusting someone in your business -what next? Franking machine? Some envelopes? the projector?

They argue their water contract have nothing to do with their staffs liabilities, thats a court issue.

I think they will be holding the cards here however they can continue to trade with staff who the let into peoples buildings, to take when not offered or asked

Their contract states that any breech or any reason they can come grab the water bottles and dispensers they can continue to claim for payment,

I think the two issues are separate

1) performance of the contract

2) an act of theft by one contractor on one day

I don't think the stealing of mints by their contractor on one day justifies cancelling the contract, if the performance of the contract has previously been up to the agreed standard. However, the stealing of mints as well as notified performance issues might provide justified reasons.

All you can ask for is an apology and to be paid the value of the mints taken.

If you want to get shot of this water company before the contract end date, then start documenting any performance issues and notify the water company on each occasion. If the performance is not as agreed over a period, then you have rights to terminate the contract.

Or you simply cancel the contract saying in writing that you have lost faith in their services due to the theft and have cancelled the contract to protect the security of the company and its staff. Then see if they will take it to court. They might not bother because the theft issue will be raised in a civil court and they might not want this issue being given more publicity.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Was it at the Royal Mint? one little occurance and you want the company contract stopped? grow up let the Company do their internal disciplinary action against Employee, never know you May Get A Sweet Ending!

no wonder this country is in a mess with people in positions they should not be in! Nappy Days are here again!

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Sorry to write here again, but I am very curious to know what the police did when they were called for theft of mints.

Did they attend?

Did they arrest the callous thief?

Was he charged and convicted?

Or did the police just giggled and gave you a reference number?

Sorry to write here again, but I am very curious to know what the police did when they were called for theft of mints.

Did they attend?

Did they arrest the callous thief?

Was he charged and convicted?

Or did the police just giggled and gave you a reference number?

Perhaps the Police said " crumbs it is a good thing biscuits were not involved". Probably a nightmare for forensics trying to work out whether it was a digestive or a hob nob. 🤗

I was going to offer a sense of humour earlier, but resisted temptation. So King it is your fault, if the OP does not find it funny.

A more serious answer is that the Police might have found it difficult because the mints were probably freely available and not labelled "staff only " or had any price label attached. The bottled water guy may have just said that they were on offer to anyone, just like many companies have a bowl of sweets at reception.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Wonder if the person was taken into "custardy" to await exterior motion to identify evidence before the flushing experience?

Yet i bet he was sh*tting himself, saying he was not sure whether taking free mints was a worse crime than having bad breath.

If it was gum he could have Wrigleys his way out of it !

Stop it guys!

My wife is looking at me like I'm mad while I lough my boll@x off reading your comments.

I was serious!

I really want to know what happened with the police.

"Perhaps the Police said " crumbs it is a good thing biscuits were not involved". Probably a nightmare for forensics trying to work out whether it was a digestive or a hob nob" 😂😂😂

"Wonder if the person was taken into custody to await exterior motion to identify evidence before the flushing experience?"

I can actually picture this in my mind 😂😂😂

"Yet i bet he was sh*tting himself, saying he was not sure whether taking free mints was a worse crime than having bad breath.

If it was gum he could have Wrigleys his way out of it !" 😂😂😂

Uncle, I always thought this site could count on you for neutrality, but this time you greatly leaned over the cliff of humour 😁

JUDGE: Mr Smith, under the corporate mint act 2016 I find you guilty!

All you can ask for is an apology and to be paid the value of the mints taken.

y.

We did complain.

We were told a) nothing will be done to the employee, no warning, no telling off,b) We were told to royally F off and see you in court if you have a problem.

I guess nothing can be done and we'll still keep paying them, putting money (and mints) into their pockets so they survive another day and do the same elsewhere.

could charge them an old farting (4 to an old Penny) now about 8 to new penny - do you get the message from the real world!

Court fee £30.00 or there about

solicitors fee £100.00

filing fee etc etc etc how about that for starters?

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Just label any free mints or other things you have for the pleasure of staff, as staff only. Or put a charity box by the side suggesting 5p a mint.