Order with sports direct online, wrong item sent, 3 x missing items, wont refund done a CHARGEBACK now The National Business Crime Solutions - civil recovery

Stevo233391

Hi, 

I hope someone can advise me on the best thing to do here. 

Three weeks ago today, I placed an order online with Sports Direct for 4 x items. The order duly arrived, I opened the package, and got 1 x pair of shorts, as ordered, an incorrect pair of shoes, and had 3 x further items missing. I paid £152.99, and have so far received a £13 pair of shorts that were correct. 

Worryingly, Sports Direct response has been awful. Following an ‘investigation’, their response was laughable, they had ‘a high level of confidence’ the correct items were sent and that was the end of the matter. This, despite me evidencing I’d received the wrong shoes, and the carrier not being able to provide a POD.

Sports Direct are obviouisly massive and faceless, but I’m hoping I have some sort of recourse here. I’ve exchanged countless emails with their customer service department on this, but we’re going round in circles now and its going no where, all I get is what look like copy and paste template answers, that don't address the points I’m trying to make to them. 

Has anyone else had an experience similar to this, and if so, did you manage to resolve it? Many Thanks for any help or advice. 

How did you pay and what has happened to the incorrect items now?

I paid by debit card. I still have the incorrect shoes, I’m happy to return them, but was hoping to get the order resolved first… they are so useless, I envisaged more things going wrong, so if more things got sent incorrectly, I was going to return them all at the end. Was this the wrong move? 

Begin by contacting your bank and making the chargeback. Your bank won't necessarily be a very happy about it but insist and also get a reference number for the conversation.
Once Sports Direct realise that they have had the money taken away, they will probably erupt and they will try to get your bank to reverse the decision. Be careful about this.

At the same time write to Sports Direct. Layout very carefully exactly what has happened, that you have now requested a chargeback. That you have an incorrect pair of shoes and if they will supply you with a return number and return label then you will send them back to them.
Do not undertake to send them yourself or with your own arrangements. If they then get lost it will probably be down to you.

Make sure that Sports Direct make all the arrangements and provide a return label. If they make any other suggestions then refuse is a it is for them to make all the return arrangements.

Keep us updated

Naturally you subtract it. You don't want to be suspected or accused of dishonesty.

• 4 months later...

Hi all. 

I successfully did a chargeback from my bank account on this one, reclaiming my funds, and also, (I thought) having my position vindicated because the bank agreed with me - Sport Directs couldn't prove they delivered the items I ordered that are still missing. I thought that was the end of that. 

This was September. Today, I've had a notice of intended civil proceedings from them, accusing me of fraud totalling £139.99, which was the balance of the order they failed to deliver.

They are now asking for £463.99 in costs and supposedly preparing to pursue me in court. Unbelievable. They can't even provide me with a proof of delivery!  

Has anyone else had similar experience after successfully 'winning' a charge back? I don't know if I should involve a solicitor, or simply just pay it to make it go away. 

Many thanks. 

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed

every word but will and not from sports direct i bet?

scan it up to PDF

read upload carefully

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Correct, its from The National Business Crime Solution, whoever they are, supposedly working on behalf of the Fraser group - part of Sports Direct. 

I've attached the PDF, any advice or thoughts greatly appreciated. 

Civil Recovery Do not Ignore.pdf

Edited by dx100uk

use our search for 

RLP

DWF

then ignore them.

block and bounce all emails and addresses.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Order with sports direct online, wrong item sent, 3 x missing items, wont refund **DONE CHARGEBACK** - now The National Business Crime Solutions - civil recovery
5 minutes ago, Stevo233391 said:

Sorry, what is DWF? Thanks for your help. 

Search on DWF and you will find out all about them

Great, thanks. the consensus is they are chancing their arm, relying on fear and ignorance of the law. Incredible. 

Thanks to you both. 

Edited by dx100uk

You haven't told us what happened to the incorrect items

• AndyOrch changed the title to Order with sports direct online, wrong item sent, 3 x missing items, wont refund done a CHARGEBACK now The National Business Crime Solutions - civil recovery

The incorrect item was a pair of shoes which I still have.

I mentioned them on numerous occasions trying to return them multiple times (at least three) in writing as part of the correspondence I had with their customer services, they never once addressed it.

Given this was September, I was about to give them away, I'll obviously hold off on that now. 

Edited by dx100uk

They missed off Signed by Micky Mouse :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Have you got written evidence of your attempts to return them? Who did you write to about them?

And of course it would be interesting to know how they come to their figure of about £439. It sounds to me as if much of it is probably Unenforceable penalties

Yes, I did. I had an ongoing, enormous email trail going with their customer services, going back and forth regards to where everything was. My last mail to them I told them I'd done the charge back and that I still had the shoes. I requested a returns number, which they ignored.

Edited by dx100uk
  • Thanks 1

Good. It is unlikely that you will hear much more about it but in the event that they do point the finger at you, then you have got good evidence to show that you did everything you could to return the items but you were ignored.

Thanks.

As per DX's suggestion, I don't plan on giving this any more oxygen, I've blocked their email so they can't write to me again.

When they inevitably start sending letters by post, I'll mark 'not at this address'... guessing they'll start calling me when that fails. 

Unbelievable this is legal. 

Edited by dx100uk

It's not legal. But there isn't any good enforcement organisation which will stop them. I suppose we are blowing our own trumpet – but the best people you could come to – is Us!

• Like 1

As you should!

The web is full of people saying to actually engage with these people, not ignore them, etc. 

I don't know how I would have reacted without your advice and support, very grateful. 

Edited by dx100uk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all. 

A quick update on this one,

they've written again by email, please see attached

- I blocked their previous address hoping I wouldn't hear from them again (as if it would be that easy!) guessing that must have bounced back, they've obviously re-sent via a different address.

Todays email sender has now been added to my blocked list. 

They claim to have sent a letter by post, which as of writing, is yet to materialise.

I'm not paying for goods I've never received.

My question is what, if anything, happens when they don't receive the requested payment of £463.99 on the 28/02? 

Civil Recovery Do not Ignore.pdf

Who was the person who actually signed the letter?

And yes, it's a load of rubbish and you should ignore it but if you do get something for the post then let us know.
Who is the signatory to the letter?