Taking on B&Q - 2yrs old decking cracked and slitting - 10yrs guarantee

Tigernut
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 269 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm a tradesman of 43 years

2 years ago I did some composite decking for a client. They contacted me 4 months ago stating that the boards had split. I went to inspect  and was horrified by the state of it.

I realized  that this would not be an isolated incident, and sure enough the reviews showed that everyone had had identical problems, not just here but Europe too. The product is no longer for sale.

As the product has a 10 year guarantee  I wasn't expecting much trouble in getting satisfaction. How silly of me. It's been going on for 3 months now, with pictures sent, e mails back and forth etc, etc. Their last e mail has requested pictures of how wide the gap is at the board ends with a tape measure at the side of it.

I have threatened them with court action' to include damages for the costs of rebuilding, and I would bet my house on winning. All I can surmise is that they want to wear me down until I give up.

I've had a tradepoint account with these people since it started, spending around  7 grand a year, and they reward me by treating me with contempt.

I am interested to hear what other people's experiences have been with B&Q ( because there must be thousands)  or just their thoughts in general. Cheers Rushy

• dx100uk changed the title to Taking on B&Q - 2yrs old decking cracked and slitting - 10yrs guarantee

the issue here is going to be any guarantee/warranty is legally in the UK quite frankly not worth the paper its written on.

it might be far better, with the evidence you have, inc the online stuff, to get them under  consumer laws like the consumer rights act 2015 etc, its pretty much impossible to enforce a guarantee in civil court sadly.

i would p'haps stop faffin around now, as you've experianced what they will do and continue to do...delay delay..trump syndrome and issue a letter of claim.

i'm sure @BankFodder will pop in soon.

dx

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks to my site team colleague for giving me a shout about this.

I agree that you are probably going to rely on your rights under the consumer rights act. However the guarantee might be a supplementary lever that we can use.

What does it say about the quality of the item and how long that will last et cetera?

Incidentally, what is the value of the decking and what would be the cost to uninstall it, purchase new decking and reinstall that.

When you make your posts in a large unbroken block of text it becomes very difficult for people to read especially when they are using small screens.

I notice that my site team colleague edited and restructured your initial post in order to make it readable.

Please can you repost your last message but properly spaced so that it is easy for people to access.

Thank you