Greece & ISIS - next few weeks looking dodgy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On 5th of July Greece is holding a referendum and this may lead them to leaving the Euro, with unknown consequences. We may see Pound Sterling increase and stock markets being turbulent. Greece would default on debt repayments and there could be problems with Banks across Europe.

ISIS look as if they have attacks planned during Ramadan and security has been increased across Europe. Following the attack in France and Tunisia, alerts have been increased and there could well be more checks at airports and ports, leaving and entering the UK, as well as in other countries. I suspect there will be chaos at ports over the next few weeks, especially when the schools break up.

Probably wise to have a staycation and to watch the Ashes Cricket which starts in a few weeks.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With ref to national security, has anyone found their phone doing strange things.

Yes, but I think thats coincidence as the interception and logging of as I am aware our calls and texts is not done at the phone level as far

Wise suggestion unc, possibly for the next few years :/

Shame its so expensive to holiday in the UK and will likely get more so!

Lets all get back to day trips to National trust areas and the seaside

:)

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling: Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

My phone keeps crashing apps and randomly rebooting. Strange call drops and dead lines :-/ odd

Exactly what i've heard from people, also people say couldn't turn their phones on, then it comes alive randomly.

Maybe we should start a survey.

Exactly what i've heard from people, also people say couldn't turn their phones on, then it comes alive randomly.

Maybe we should start a survey.

Could just be that the networks cannot cope. You have a lot of tourists in the UK at this time of the year. Then all the university students and private school kids on holiday with more time on their hands.

I think Vodafone have been doing some network updates recently and also if you don't use a prepay phone for awhile they will cut it off.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Could just be that the networks cannot cope. You have a lot of tourists in the UK at this time of the year. Then all the university students and private school kids on holiday with more time on their hands.

I think Vodafone have been doing some network updates recently and also if you don't use a prepay phone for awhile they will cut it off.

Vodaphone have been having MAJOR issues

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/vodafone-working-hard-to-resolve-intermittent-outages-of-its-mobile-phone-services-9065562.html

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Every network gets problems sometimes (often HLR related, so affecting some customers but not others)

That article is dated January 2014.

oops - wrong link

They have had some big issues recently.

I looked for a link about them but didn't check date - silly me - apologies

The Tory Legacy

oops - wrong link

They have had some big issues recently.

I looked for a link about them but didn't check date - silly me - apologies

I know there are complaints about reception issues regarding the suppliers which was covered on Watchdog but it doesn't answer the other irregularities people are raising.

What a mess Greece is !! I was listening to a report on BBC World Service about the conditions in Greece with large numbers of people trying to live without any money. They are getting food from family/friends and charities. Hospitals and Doctors surgeries have been running out of supplies, with some Doctors leaving Greece causing closures.

The EU/Germans and IMF have been making more demands for austerity, but many Greeks are already on their knees. I don't know what the creditors are expecting. Greece needs to leave the Euro in a planned way, but they will need continued financial help, until they can manage their situation.

Puerto Rico is also on the verge of bankruptcy and they have had financial problems since 2006. This does beg the question as to what is happening to world finances and the knock on effect. We know that Banks since the 1980's have been taking huge risks, creating large volumes of money which is sold as debt and then further sold as assets. Some of this has gone to poorer parts of the world, who have drowned when it became too much for them to service, because they just don't have the resources. Bigger countries with the GDP to tackle financial downturns can come through difficult times, but the countries like Greece and Puerto Rico have no chance.

I just wonder whether world politicians and those in positions of power are hiding the truth from people. The truth being that the worlds financial system has been damaged so badly, that it may not recover. The amount of debts, government, corporate and private is getting to a level, where it is dangerously close to being out of control. Because the amount of money created was so huge, there is now a period of trying to control money supply and to maintain asset values. If there is now a run of countries, corporate and people going through bankruptcy, then it could be a tipping point, with another worldwide financial crash, with bank bailouts etc.

There are warning signs people should be aware of and to take some precautions. Spread your investments, buy some gold, keep some cash available for essentials, cut back on household spending where you can and be as prepared as you can for another financial crisis which may happen in the next year or so. If the financial crash does not happen because governments and Banks have solved the financial problems, you will be in no worse a position having taken some precautions.

The problem with Greece is that it needs to start paying its taxes to support their own infrastructure. The black economy and payments under the table in cash are endemic.That has caused the problems in Greece, not the EU Loans

But the black economies of countries has always been there. What is new, is all the borrowing that has been done since joining the Euro and now these loans.

There is a black economy in the UK, but the size of the real economy is large enough to cope. In Italy and Spain, it is a sizeable chunk of the economy, but they have taken steps in recent years. Greece will have to do the same to have the revenues needed. Another big problem for Greece is that most of the wealthy have registered themselves outside of Greece and did so years ago. They are living in places such as London and Monaco.

I know some people going to Greece to see family who are taking as much cash as they can with them - apparently they are limited in Greece as to how much they can take per day out of their bank accounts - tourists can take more but locals a lot less.

I am now seriously looking at how I can move my cash into a safer place...in my own safe at home seems as good as anywhere.

I think tourists taking cash with them are opening up a can of worms. It will leave them wide open to mugging and thefts. Insurers are saying they have increased the limit of cash that people can take with them, but I wonder if they will pay out if they have mega claims !

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I think tourists taking cash with them are opening up a can of worms. It will leave them wide open to mugging and thefts. Insurers are saying they have increased the limit of cash that people can take with them, but I wonder if they will pay out if they have mega claims !

People can also use prepaid debit and credit cards in Euro currency. It is easy and quick to get these. If you visit Moneysupermarket, they have all the details. Just watch out for fees.

People can also use prepaid debit and credit cards in Euro currency. It is easy and quick to get these. If you visit Moneysupermarket, they have all the details. Just watch out for fees.

I would imagine that quite a few businesses will only accept cash, Uncle B

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I think how much cash can be withdrawn from Greek banks is the least of the problems which might be waiting depending on what happens today and over the next few weeks.

I think much of the world is looking at this with baited breath.

The Tory Legacy

Greece, ISIS, the EU, Russia, China, the migrants in Calais, the Poles, the Romanians, the gypsies: we're surrounded!

4924896b877543c6a5d211d96a4ed98d.jpg

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

So Greece defaults on the IMF loan, because the EU would not assist them further. I thought the EU was a club where they worked together for the good of all countries. Surely more damage by letting them default. Greece needs a long term plan, as they cannot afford the current level of repayments.

I thought the EU was a club where they worked together for the good of all countries.

Not when it comes to manage difficult stuff, such as immigration, defaults, regional conflicts.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

Indeed Capitalism as we know it is undergoing some difficult times,

All this printed and digital money that the elite hold as others debts is about to disappear as more and more default. The poor will suffer first

but then the elite will too

Im just glad we did nto join the single currency and I too shall be buying some gold to hold onto :D

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.