shiply transport wont return my deposit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3462 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

thanks ,i suppose i will have to go down that route,didnt want to but i just cant let them win even if it costs me money they are obviously in the wrong and ripping people off and keeping there money,how do i go about taking them to court

Follow the protocol by sending him a demand for a refund and if that is not fulfilled or a good reason why, then send a Letter Before Action again laying out why you want a refund and end the letter 'no further correspondence will be entered into'.

Send them by recorded delivery.

You then lodge your claim on line https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome It will cost you about £35 which you add to your claim against him.

Then it is time to go forward. Because of lot of court threats are made and then not gone ahead with, many companies will call the bluff of those who make a threat to see if you will actually go ahead with it.

You must now go and have a read of the MCOL website and start your claim. In many many cases, claims are settled out of court so they don't have to go through with it. If that should happen in your case, don't forget to add the court fee to you claim.

I agree with Conniff on this matter

Many companies just don't think customers will sue so they behave as they see fit, not what is lawful.

Once court papers hit their mat, I bet they capitulate.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I agree with Conniff on this matter

Many companies just don't think customers will sue so they behave as they see fit, not what is lawful.

Once court papers hit their mat, I bet they capitulate.

Thanks i will be going on with it. The only thing that worries me is when i actually got to speak to a receptionist a few days ago i said "is this legal taking money off people and not giving refunds when the company is in the wrong" she replied "yes it is all legal" and she did sound very confident but i am going to try

So you spoke to a receptionist at Shiply?

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

yes i managed to get a contact number through paypal and spoke to someone,not that it did me any good

They will say anything. It is not legal nor is it lawful. they are holding on to your money for a service they didn't provide.

If you went to a shop, paid a deposit on a sofa and they could not supply it, you get a refund. This applies to Shiply too.

• 1 month later...

I can't lend my support to your action nor say ah well, you will know next time. It's only someone in your position that can stand up to them and put an end to their unlawful practice by following up all the way to the courts.

• 1 month later...

i now feel very hard done by and a bit foolish,

as you all know shiply would not return my deposit of £40 when their driver failed to do my job,

they credited it to my shiply account to be used on another job ,

i recently needed to collect some range rover steps,

i thought might aswell use the money shiply are holing of mine

a guy says he will collect them for £36.00 which incidently was already£11 more expensive than citylink

but i thought might aswell get him to do it as a way of getting my money back,

low and behold they wouldnt let me pay with the money they're holding of mine,

only the £12.00 deposit could be used ,

thanks again shiply RIP OFF

i now feel very hard done by and a bit foolish,

as you all know shiply would not return my deposit of £40 when their driver failed to do my job,

they credited it to my shiply account to be used on another job ,

i recently needed to collect some range rover steps,

i thought might aswell use the money shiply are holing of mine

a guy says he will collect them for £36.00 which incidently was already£11 more expensive than citylink

but i thought might aswell get him to do it as a way of getting my money back,

low and behold they wouldnt let me pay with the money they're holding of mine

only the £12.00 deposit could be used ,

thanks again shiply RIP OFF

Are you surprised?.

Why would you even consider using them after your previous experience with them?.

If you decided you didn't want to take the court action you were advised was the likely way forward

and that you initially seemed keen on, you won't be seeing your money from them,

so why give them any further opportunity to part you from your 'hard earned'?.

Once bitten, twice shy?.

ermmmmm why didn't anyone mention a PayPal dispute? They will freeze the money in their account, and then THEY will have to prove they provided you the service you paid for. If they cannot provide any agreement, tracking number etc, then PayPal will give you your money back.

Seriously no one said this? Unless there is a tracking number given, then PayPal will 95% of the time end the dispute in your favor!

• 6 months later...

Have used Shiply since it first started, had a nightmare recently with a company with absolutely no comms. Had to relist delivery! Need a refund for first agreement as delivery company were deadbeat! Ended up agreeing through Shiply with someone else who has collected and delivered for me before - here is my mail to shiply (BTW HAVE SPENT AN HOUR QUEUEING ON SHIPLY PHONE NUMBER OVER 2 DAYS AND NOT GOT THROUGH TO ANYONE

Hi,

On sunday I put up a delivery on your site, I had several quotes and then accepted on on basis that the collection would be Wednesday or Thursday. By Wednesday despite calling emailing and trying other numbers no one had contacted me. When I spoke to someone, she said I was not on the list for yesterday or today. She called the driver and he had no knowledge of the job.

I tried to call you at Shiply, but waited 35 mins and was in a queue.Then I tried again this morning and queued for about 10 mins and had to go to work.

I then got an email from the collection agent saying he would collect. I said the seller did not know he had to be in and why hadn't they returned any calls emails and the reception girl said she had no knowledge of collection and nor did driver who she called.

I need to cancel this job asap as I have found someone else I used before who emailed me when i put the job up on shiply again. The rogue person who did not confirm or get back to me was TFlogist1 (1571) I need a refund as someone else has now collected via shiply.

Thank - you

sarah

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...