style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3655 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh that'll make IDS's day, the good ship Universal Jobmatch is badly damaged and listing on her maiden voyage haha :lol:

With any luck the thing will sink and take IDS with it. Although I'm not on JSA or ESA, I did use the old site quite a lot looking for jobs. Since this thing started, I looked at it once (when I found out the site had changed - and not for the better) and gave up quickly as its search facility is utterly useless. Personal Assistant brings up every type of assistant imaginable - except the one I put a search in for.

Cumbersome and useless. Yet another waste of taxpayers money but no doubt IDS will blame the "workshy, lazy" unemployed (he hasn't realised yet that there are very few jobs).

I HATE THAT MAN! :-x

I think it's torturing me.

Under my 'recommended jobs', it's just listed a vacancy where the job description sounds like it's been lifted from my CV, with a £27,000 a year salary, private healthcare, 30 days holiday, employee discount scheme and a subsidised canteen (I don't care about the free car park, I don't drive).

It's two hours away by car. :sad:

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

There have already been representations to the UN about what's happening in this country. British Mensa's Disability SIG (Special Interest Group), among others, have asked for an official UN observer to be sent here. So far, they're not interested.

The website has the potential to be a useful tool...sadly I dont want jobs that Im not qualified for or are so far away I would have to relocate or spend all my income on tolls and fuel costs. So far so unimpressed!

Im also concerned re privacy and potential for using the site as a stick to beat the unemployed with

just seen this on an other forum a jobseeker was given this while signing on.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39667[/ATTACH]

Very interesting...... see question 8 on this link to the DWP UJM site...

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/universal-jobmatch-faqs.pdf

Q8. Does everyone have to register to search for jobs?

No, but if not, jobseeker’s will not be able to access all the facilities listed in

question

Stating very clearly that its optional.

Clearly one DWP hand doesn't know what the other DWP hand is doing.... No change there then..

Nimitz

I got a green leaflet last week while signing on, Job Match details and when I asked if it was Mandatory to sign up I was informed yes it is.

Got a line manager over who also told me the same even though he wasn't too sure when I asked about the DPA and my rights.

Didn't want to push it any further so said ok I will look into it and left.

Lets see if they are going to force us to join although if they can't access the details due to opt-out and the DPA its a complete failure already.

George

Anyone else think UJM is rubbish? I do, I liked it at first but I gone of it as there are to many problems like for examples:

1) No Job ref numbers on the jobs

2) No email or apply buttom on some

3) when you apply for the job it expires after a few days (I applyed for quite a few and most of them expired without giving me a response on my applications which is a joke)

I wish the old Jobcentre plus website comes back as this is just boring and no Jobs today at all as I have been logging on for most of the day and all the jobs are to far away or jobs that I can't do! who ever create this website is a joke. :-x

Ok rant over :-)

THis UJB is only good if you play the system. Most of the vacancies are fake. I could apply to 50 jobs a day, I won't get ant and my adviser is happy.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

What's to stop anyone joining under an assumed name as an employer, creating any number of spurious jobs and then repeatedly applying to them to keep the JC+ happy?

I have thought of doing this as a proof of concept. I know for sure, because I was told, that some employers use the anonymity of the Job Centre to post fake jobs and spy on their employees.

I got a green leaflet last week while signing on, Job Match details and when I asked if it was Mandatory to sign up I was informed yes it is.

Got a line manager over who also told me the same even though he wasn't too sure when I asked about the DPA and my rights.

Didn't want to push it any further so said ok I will look into it and left.

Lets see if they are going to force us to join although if they can't access the details due to opt-out and the DPA its a complete failure already.

George

Hiya George

It seems they lied to you. (no change there then)....UJM is optional.. next time your in their offices take in the screen print from the DWP website that states joining UJM is optional..... and watch their faces..lol

Nimitz

I've got an account on the universal jobmatch website and have just applied for a job, but when I check the application history there is no details of the jobs that I have applied for even though I have sent my application from my email account.

Edited by louise2012

I've got an account on the universal jobmatch website and have just applied for a job, but when I check the application history there is no details of the jobs that I have applied for even though I have sent my application from my email account.

hmmm that sounds very suspicious to me, looks like another trick on behalf of the DWP to trick people out of not looking for work :x

I'm getting round that by saving the jobs I apply for - it then gives you the option to make notes against the advert, and I'm inputting how I applied, when I applied and to whom. Necessary in my case because I still haven't found a single vacancy that has an 'apply' button.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

Nothing prevents you (and me) from attaching a fake cv with misspelled details on the UJB website and apply for all vacancies, so they cannot say you're not doing your job.

Nothing prevents you (and me) from attaching a fake cv with misspelled details on the UJB website and apply for all vacancies, so they cannot say you're not doing your job.

San_d...

Tut tut tut......shaime onn u 4 suggestin such a d, vious acktion, ( I will do it first thing in the morning ) lol

Nimitz

well i was given a guide sheet about universal jobmatch today and also the lady i saw gave me vacancies to apply for from some agency called e*n*a*b*l*e. do these count as matched vacancies as the LMS system is gone now?

San_d...

Tut tut tut......shaime onn u 4 suggestin such a d, vious acktion, ( I will do it first thing in the morning ) lol

Nimitz

I know, I'm bad. But isn't it what the DWP does? Posting fake jobs to increase the counter? The reality is that the welfare system is never fair. You have to play the system if you want to survive.

I know, I'm bad. But isn't it what the DWP does? Posting fake jobs to increase the counter? The reality is that the welfare system is never fair. You have to play the system if you want to survive.

Hiya San_d

Absolutely, and do u have any more d, vious suggestions.....lol................ count me in

Nimitz

The DWP doesn't post "fake" jobs, in the sense that it doesn't have a team sat there making up totally nonexistent vacancies and posting them on the website while cackling in an evil manner. However, I do think that they do a very poor job of checking the jobs that do end up there - some of them aren't actually "proper" jobs, what with all the zero hours contracts, phoney apprenticeships and so on.

I did hear about disgruntled Jobseeker Direct employees posting up vacancies for "Contract Killer" and the like.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Aha! That's probably why it keeps insisting I want to join the secret service...suddenly it all makes perfect sense!

on a serious note, yes..they could do with taking a closer look at some of the jobs posted. some i've seen recently are barely disguised scams.