• Tweets

• Thanks for that. I will give them till Tuesday. Thanks for your help, very much appreciated. 
    • Ok thanks for that, well spotted and all duly noted. Yes they did eventually submit those docs to me after a second letter advising them I was contacting the ICO to make a formal complaint for failing to comply with an earlier SAR that they brushed off as an "administrative error" or something. When I sent the letter telling them I was in contact with the information commissioner to lodge the complaint, the original PCN etc quickly followed along with their excuse!
    • its not about the migrants .. Barrister Helena Kennedy warns that the Conservatives will use their victory over Rwanda to dismantle the law that protects our human rights here in the UK.   Angela Rayner made fun of Rishi Sunak’s height in a fiery exchange at Prime Minister’s Questions, which prompted Joe Murphy to ask: just how low will Labour go? .. well .. not as low as sunak 
    • From #38 where you wrote the following, all in the 3rd person so we don't know which party is you. When you sy it was your family home, was that before or after? " A FH split to create 2 Leasehold adjoining houses (terrace) FH remains under original ownership and 1 Leasehold house sold on 100y+ lease. . Freeholder resides in the other Leasehold house. The property was originally resided in as one house by Freeholder"
    • The property was our family home.  A fixed low rate btl/ development loan was given (last century!). It was derelict. Did it up/ was rented out for a while.  Then moved in/out over the years (mostly around school)  It was a mix of rental and family home. The ad-hoc rents covered the loan amply.  Nowadays  banks don't allow such a mix.  (I have written this before.) Problems started when the lease was extended and needed to re-mortgage to cover the expense.  Wanted another btl.  Got a tenant in situ. Was located elsewhere (work). A broker found a btl lender, they reneged.  Broker didn't find another btl loan.  The tenant was paying enough to cover the proposed annual btl mortgage in 4 months. The broker gave up trying to find another.  I ended up on a bridge and this disastrous path.  (I have raised previous issues about the broker) Not sure what you mean by 'split'.  The property was always leasehold with a separate freeholder  The freeholder eventually sold the fh to another entity by private agreement (the trust) but it's always been separate.  That's quite normal.  One can't merge titles - unless lease runs out/ is forfeited and new one is not created/ granted. The bridge lender had a special condition in loan offer - their own lawyer had to check title first.  Check that lease wasn't onerous and there was nothing that would affect good saleability.  The lawyer (that got sacked for dishonesty) signed off the loan on the basis the lease and title was good and clean.  The same law firm then tried to complain the lease clauses were onerous and the lease too short, even though the loan was to cover a 90y lease extension!! 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2459 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've never used a ingeus CV as they are rubbish to say the least.

This guy adjusted layout and it looked better so I used that one but not the one done by m the guy with no people skills or credibility, s's idea is one I adapted for myself buried get tired of the supposed help on these pathetic schemes

It really cannot be said too often - if you don't want to be hassled and harassed do not provide them with a phone number or e-mail address. New consignees please note!

You are perfectly within your rights to tell them that your preferred and only means of communication is by post. They won't like this but will just have to lump it provided you stick politely to your policy. This also means not telling the JCP this information (it will be passed to the WP on your attachment). Ask the JCP to remove the info from their records if they already have it. They did this for me and I survived 2 years at A4greed without one phone call or e-mail.

How did you get away with not providing them a phone number or email? As I said I'm not with them anymore but when I started I remember they were quite insistent that a phone number and especially an email HAD to be provided so they could email things to you like an updated CV, cover letters etc. If you say you don't have an email or can't remember it they make one for you there and then. One time my partner was with Ingeus before the work programme many years ago and she didn't have a mobile phone so they provided her with a phone as well.

Further, if you refuse to provide them a phone number or email, can't they then refer you for a sanction for 'not taking every possible step to look for work' or something like that?

Has 104 weeks passed since your very first appointment with them ?

If not, you are still in their grubby little grasp whilst claiming JSA/ESA. If the 104 week period is past, you can write a cease and desist letter threatening to report them for harassment and breaches of the telecoms regulations.

Most work places have a policy on the use of facebook during company time - I don't have access from work (nor do I use it at home). If you do get any attempt at contact via facebook, record it in your diary and at it to the list of harassment.

My first app with them was either September or October 2012. I then found a job in February this year and because I found that job the advisor told me I'm finished with them and don't need to attend anymore. I didn't end up taking the job after finding out more about it. However, Ingeus must still think I am in work all this time so they keep phoning, texting and emailing me asking me how is the job going.I have since signed on again opening a whole new claim so doesn't this mean that the whole process starts again and I would need to be referred to the work programme again after a certain amount of time signing on etc?

Dunno, but to make sure when i know an advisor name i go and facebook and find them. and then i block them lol

lol I have searched Facebook and found the profile of the advisor. How do I block him? I almost never use Facebook myself but i like to keep it activated in case i need to contact someone, but i don't want this advisor bothering me on there.

lol I have searched Facebook and found the profile of the advisor. How do I block him? I almost never use Facebook myself but i like to keep it activated in case i need to contact someone, but i don't want this advisor bothering me on there.

Go to their profile. At the top of the page you'll see a button marked "Message", and on the right of that button there is a cog icon and a little down arrow. Click on that arrow and choose "Report/Block", selecting the option to block.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Just to clarify a few things, If you withdraw consent can they have you sanctioned? also if they refuse the withdrawal request can they be sued? wouldn't it be a breach of the Data Protection Act? I'm not with Ingeus but the same things still apply.

Thanks.

You can't be sanctioned for withdrawing consent. If they refuse your request, I would start by complaining to the manager of the office. If that doesn't work, though, you can take matters to the Information Commissioner's Office.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Further, if you refuse to provide them a phone number or email, can't they then refer you for a sanction for 'not taking every possible step to look for work' or something like that?

They can't do anything. Not even the Jobcentre can do anything if you choose not to provide an email address or phone call. Here is a FOI (Freedom Of Information) reply by DWP Central Office to someone who asked them that very same question. Dated 23rd July this year..extract below;

'What legislation, regulations or internal DWP Jobcentre guidance makes it a condition of JSA

to provide the DWP with a personal email address or telephone at any time whilst claiming

JSA or signing a JSA Declaration form at a Jobcentre Jobseeker Review appointment?'

Reply: 'Providing an email address or telephone number is not mandatory, therefore failure to do so is not sanctionable.'

However, though you don't have to give them these details, be aware that you should still have an email address for jobsearching, in case they try and say you're not 'doing enough to find work'. You can show them print-outs of replies you've had to prove you do use email - just blank out your email address so they can't see it :)

How did you get away with not providing them a phone number or email? As I said I'm not with them anymore but when I started I remember they were quite insistent that a phone number and especially an email HAD to be provided so they could email things to you like an updated CV, cover letters etc. If you say you don't have an email or can't remember it they make one for you there and then. One time my partner was with Ingeus before the work programme many years ago and she didn't have a mobile phone so they provided her with a phone as well.

on referral to the Wp the (very nice) JCP employee who was conducting my referral interview offered to delete my phone number from their records. I thanked him and accepted. He deleted the number there and then.

On arriving at the WP (A4greed) I pointed out the para in their "welcome Aboard!" booklet which said that I had a choice of how they communicated with me (my preferred method). I told them "by post". Subsequent attempts to get my phone number(s) and e-mail were met with the phrase "my preferred method of communication is by post, if you have something to say to me then write". I was never threatened with a sanction though did get the "evil eye" from time to time.

or perhaps that ought to be the "A4evil eye".

I didn't get the option of what information was passed on to A4e, so they got my phone number. They did get the "contact by post only" advice - This was reinforced by "which part of in writing only do you not understand, assuming you are capable of writing ?" when they made the mistake of phoning.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

I just signed off JSA so I now no longer have to go to Ingeus, which has been 10 months of hell. I did have an appointment with them today, so I am looking forward to a phone call from them wherein I can tell them where to go!

Have you ever applied for a job at ingeus? its not as easy as you think.....................As you get a long questionaire to fill in......

It depends on the job - for the basic and common job of a Welfare To Work Clerk, they require you to send a CV and highlight 3 things that you could do for a job seeker. However, they dont require applicants to sit a literacy and numeracy test.

It depends on the job - for the basic and common job of a Welfare To Work Clerk, they require you to send a CV and highlight 3 things that you could do for a job seeker. However, they dont require applicants to sit a literacy and numeracy test.

Highlight 3?

Mine all tend to obsess over forced labour, job-search, pointless lectures at Ingeus and free courses as a course from learndirect shows you keep busy blah blah blah

Other then forced labour it's stuff I can do for myself

Dark Rogue is Voice of the WP and I claim the £10

Without trying to break into the cloud cuckoo land that some people seem to hide behind, Employment Advisors have to bring the reality of working life into clients who to be frank, some of them do not want to work.

lol, the use of 'cloud cuckoo land' is classic voice, wonder why it ain't posting under it's normal handle?

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

I'm not hiding in cloud cuckoo land - I am living in the reality of how to make £71.40 stretch to impossible limits, average of £35 a fortnight going out on bills (I've managed to split them so they don't come at the end of the month), £10 a week on my Oyster card so I will have enough money to travel to hospital appointments, £7.50 a fortnight on my TV licence, doesn't leave a lot over to 'live the life of Riley'... in fact whoever Riley is he can give me my life back.

Try attempting to work when you are drugged up with prescription medicine, or when you are not drugged up you have a lot of pain, that might make a few of the Cameron supporters better, in fact I think we ought to have an MP from the 'real world' rather than the 'special chosen ones' and the country might get back on its feet again rather than be trodden on by the rest of Europe.

I have registered thanks to that one

Why must they blame the unemployed always? There's mass unemployed witha bad economy, many people are always trying but many spaces are took by the forced labour! These schemes are dire and horrendous and "not fit for purpose" to put it mildly

A friend of mine was referred to a4e and received a letter this morning, he wants to know is there a way he can get out of it as he's doing voluntary part time work up (the JC know about it) is there any way out if it? Any help appreciated

Nothing gets you out on A4e or Ingeus unless you get a FULL TIME job, voluntary work excuses you from nothing....

Tell your friend good luck with A4e they were absolutely rubbish when i used to go there :-x