Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2459 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Do we have to provide WP provdiers with our job seeking activity log?

Unfortunately yes, but only if they mandate you to do so.

Taken from an FOI request -

"Providers have the discretion to mandate participants to undertake activities whilst on the programme and this may include keeping records of job search activity."

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unfortunately yes, but only if they mandate you to do so.

Taken from an FOI request -

"Providers have the discretion to mandate participants to undertake activities whilst on the programme and this may include keeping records of job search activity."

Here's where the wording of guidance can be interpreted in different ways - and I often think the DWP do this deliberately; it only mentions 'keeping records' but doesn't state you have to hand them over or even show them to the WP. Of course if you refuse to show anything to the WP they would report you for apparently not looking for jobs, but you can still show them the details - with employers name and address hidden - and also email replies and acknowledgements you've received - again, with employers details hidden.

It's the same with advisors asking for screen prints from UJ - the guidance states they can 'suggest' you give screen prints but they can't make you do it. However they would try to tell clients that it's mandatory, deliberately mis-interpreting the guidance. I've never yet seen any advisor quote actual guidelines to a client - only their version of it, to suit themselves.

The employers details are all that the WP is interested in, so they can make a claim for payment if you do get a job.

the advisors at Derby Ingeus seem to think changing the font on a c/v justifies their employment. no help whatsoever in finding work for you. watching staff discuss weekend jaunts, or where to go for lunch seems to be their purpose in life. once they have finished with a client, they sit back, snipe and quickly get on their Iphones. i brought this up with my advisor, and her excuse was that they were on a break. i now have to show my Ingeus jobsearch evidence at the job centre once a week, thus nullifying the need for Ingeus.

the advisors at Derby Ingeus seem to think changing the font on a c/v justifies their employment. no help whatsoever in finding work for you. watching staff discuss weekend jaunts, or where to go for lunch seems to be their purpose in life. once they have finished with a client, they sit back, snipe and quickly get on their Iphones. i brought this up with my advisor, and her excuse was that they were on a break. i now have to show my Ingeus jobsearch evidence at the job centre once a week, thus nullifying the need for Ingeus.

I know my advisor is the same, all we have talked about at last 3 meetings is changing my cv which i have done but still they are not happy with it!!!

Ingeus are pointless all they do at mine is talking about what they are having for dinner that night and their bloody phones!

another think, regarding ingeus advisors asking questions like 'what you doing this afternoon?'. apparently they are told not to get personally involved with any of their customers, so you can use their own regulations against them if they ask personal questions that don't relate to job searching :)

regarding ingeus advisors asking questions like 'what you doing this afternoon?'.

My response would be: What I do outside this building is absolutely none of your business.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

I think mine would be (regardless of the adviser's gender) "Why? Are you looking for a cheap date?" :madgrin:

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

another think, regarding ingeus advisors asking questions like 'what you doing this afternoon?'. apparently they are told not to get personally involved with any of their customers, so you can use their own regulations against them if they ask personal questions that don't relate to job searching :)

The question may simply be to try to catch the unwary person out...if the respondent admits "I'll be working" (for example), but haven't declared it, this may raise a Sanction Doubt.

one of my friends got told by his ingeus advisor he has ADHD

If that had been put in writing, could get some mileage out of making a complaint to the General Medical Council - Unqualified 'erberts making a diagnosis and possibly recommending a course of treatment (would also fall foul of DWP guidelines)...

Today's liitle nugget of Ingeus fun is a redirect on job applications to a website called UKjobdiagnosis?????? not even allowed to apply for jobs anymore (now awaiting sanction) You have to register to get to job app which requires email and password. the password is never accepted. dont know if anyone else has had the pleasure of this wonderful system yet.

If that had been put in writing, could get some mileage out of making a complaint to the General Medical Council - Unqualified 'erberts making a diagnosis and possibly recommending a course of treatment (would also fall foul of DWP guidelines)...

unfortunately is wasn't in writing, the advisor said it to him during an appointment.

Today's liitle nugget of Ingeus fun is a redirect on job applications to a website called UKjobdiagnosis?????? not even allowed to apply for jobs anymore (now awaiting sanction) You have to register to get to job app which requires email and password. the password is never accepted. dont know if anyone else has had the pleasure of this wonderful system yet.

The give away that this is well dodgy is the location search box: "Enter city, state, or zip"

An american based scraping engine with a whole host of complaints against it. s c a m adviser.com/is-jobdiagnosis.com-safe.html should be warning enough not to enter any personal information, even an email address. If you get mandated to use it, fight tooth and nail and use dummy information & a throwaway email address.

Also worth reading the small print in the T&C:

We and our affiliates may use your contact information to send you marketing communications via email, telephone, direct mail or otherwise regarding services or products offered by us and our partners that we think you may find valuable.

Says it all - A data mining site that will sell your details on to others and open up the floodgates to spam and cold calls - I have worked very hard to keep contact info out of the hands of shysters and get very few PPI and [problem] callers.

Edited by Mr.P

Data mining is indeed a scourge; everyone is at it. Richer Sounds always want your name and address for anything, even if you're just buying an audio cable. They're entitled to ask if you're buying a television but not for anything else. Went into Maplins the other day to buy a stereo jack socket and got the usual 'if you give us your name and address we can send some vouchers to you'. Yeah right! I refused as I always do.

Even my local model shop has now started that game, so they can 'create a personal account' for me. Rubbish. I always pay in cash so they need no details at all. I've told the guy if he ever asks me again I'll stop using their shop. Only way to deal with it.

Advertisements and data collecting..welcome to the 21st century :)

According to DWP blurb I was reading somewhere, WP's like Ingeus can hold your data for up to 7 years after you've left. I sincerely hope this was a misprint..

WP's like Ingeus can hold your data for up to 7 years after you've left. I sincerely hope this was a misprint..

The seven year rule is a requirement of DWP & ESF contracts I'm afraid - Yet another reason to limit the amount of personal data you hand over. But look on the bright side. If you know you supplied a certain document and it doesn't appear in the bundle when you submit a SAR, make life difficult for them and report it to the ICO.

For anyone finishing with the WP, I'd strongly recommend sending off a SAR to the DWP and demand all data held by all third parties. I did, and it turned up quite a few false claims on the part of A4e staff. e.g. Threatened and abused staff - Strange that none of the alleged claims could be verified from the recordings I had made at all meetings (the tape started on entry to the building and only turned off on exiting).

I thought the Statute of Limitations restricted that to 6 years maximum?

No, the statute of limitations is not relevant here.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

all in all i feel like tellng ingeus i have rabies, then maybe they'll leave me alone xD

Nope, they'll just twist it to become a job opportunity.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.