Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2459 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

can the WP providers put something on people mobile phones to listen in to see if they are applying for job? i know it sounds silly but i just want to know if it is possible :/

I doubt it plus I don't think that would be legal

They really make you paranoid don't they?

can the WP providers put something on people mobile phones to listen in to see if they are applying for job? i know it sounds silly but i just want to know if it is possible :/

yes they're already doing this, also the letters they send you are coated with a radioactive powder so after you've handled it they can track your movements via the orbiting ingeus tracking satellite

Or to put it more simply than the posts above, no, WP providers may not tap your phone.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Don't they have to get court orders and stuff to tap your phone?

Well yes. And WP providers are not investigating agencies - they would be laughed out of court if they asked for permission to do so.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Using this site should help

Ingeus must obey the law

Quite. Heck, I'm not even sure if the DWP itself can get authorisation to tap a phone, but if it can, it certainly won't be because it suspects a claimant isn't applying for enough jobs.

I have been referred to Ingeus by the job centre, if I decide not to go to my Ingeus appointment, can I still sign on at the job centre and get my money?[/QU!OTE]

What you are hoping for is a voluntary Work pogrom! Assuming that you are not in one of the voluntary categories (very few are) then if you Fail To Attend (FTA) Ingeus will raise a sanction doubt i.e. ask the JCP to sanction you (stop paying you the dole). Without a good reason the sanction will be applied. You will still be required to sign on at the JCP and another appointment will be arranged for you to go to Ingeus.

Go to the appointment. Read up on your rights. Don't give them (or JCP) your phone number, e-mail address or CV (unless you really want to?). Do not sign the data protection waiver form. Do some preparation and have your wits about you.

They already have my phone number so I assume they also have my email address. I don't want to go to the work programme because it's far from me, I've got a first class honours degree and quite capable of searching for my own job, just need some financial support while doing it. Just to confirm if I don't attend, they will definitely notify the job centre? I thought these organisations were seperate. Thanks

I have been referred to Ingeus by the job centre, if I decide not to go to my Ingeus appointment, can I still sign on at the job centre and get my money?[/QU!OTE]

What you are hoping for is a voluntary Work pogrom! Assuming that you are not in one of the voluntary categories (very few are) then if you Fail To Attend (FTA) Ingeus will raise a sanction doubt i.e. ask the JCP to sanction you (stop paying you the dole). Without a good reason the sanction will be applied. You will still be required to sign on at the JCP and another appointment will be arranged for you to go to Ingeus.

Go to the appointment. Read up on your rights. Don't give them (or JCP) your phone number, e-mail address or CV (unless you really want to?). Do not sign the data protection waiver form. Do some preparation and have your wits about you.

I don't want to go to the work programme because it's far from me,[...] Just to confirm if I don't attend, they will definitely notify the job centre? I thought these organisations were seperate.

Distance travelled is immaterial. If you have been mandated to participate in the Work Programme, then you must attend or lose your JSA. That said, the provider must make allowances for your circumstances and refund travel expenses in full on production of a bus/train ticket. If you have a car, don't admit to it and use public transport instead - Ingeus have a track record in paying a mileage allowance below the recommended level.

Further to Bakatcha's advice, do not provide them with copies of driving licence, passport, or any other personal documentation. All you need is the appointment letter to confirm who you are. If they wish to discuss personal matters, demand that the meeting is conducted in a private room. What you consider personal is up to you, but for me, that included any/all employment history, health issues, and financial matters.

Also record all conversations and demand copies of every document - Their record keeping is sloppy at best and often relies on creative accounting after the event. Finally, take a red pen and use it to correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation in their paperwork.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Distance travelled is immaterial. If you have been mandated to participate in the Work Programme, then you must attend or lose your JSA. That said, the provider must make allowances for your circumstances and refund travel expenses in full on production of a bus/train ticket. If you have a car, don't admit to it and use public transport instead - Ingeus have a track record in paying a mileage allowance below the recommended level.

Further to Bakatcha's advice, do not provide them with copies of driving licence, passport, or any other personal documentation. All you need is the appointment letter to confirm who you are. If they wish to discuss personal matters, demand that the meeting is conducted in a private room. What you consider personal is up to you, but for me, that included any/all employment history, health issues, and financial matters.

Also record all conversations and demand copies of every document - Their record keeping is sloppy at best and often relies on creative accounting after the event. Finally, take a red pen and use it to correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation in their paperwork.

Correct in every respect!

I thought these organisations were seperate

The WP provider (ingeus) and the JCP are separate in that one is a government department and the other is its client and totally in the private sector and motivated by profit.

There is some animosity between them (many JCP staff believe that they could do a better job then the providers) but the nature of their relationship means that they work hand in glove. Whatever JCP knows about you then Ingeus know as well, the relationship being one of data controller (JCP) and data user (Ingeus plus any sub contractors of Ingeus). If you fail to turn up for your appointment (you wouldn't be the first!) they will definitely raise a sanction doubt (I believe this is form WP05), a sanction will duly follow. This is not a "one off" scenario, it is a production line.

No of course they cant, and as far as Ingeus and JCP are concerned i dont even own a mobile phone :wink:

Its bad enough they can ring me on my landline, with out having calls on my mobile too...

I just told them both i couldn't afford to run a mobile :violin:

I just switch it off and put in my handbag when i attend either place.

No of course they cant, and as far as Ingeus and JCP are concerned i dont even own a mobile phone :wink:

Its bad enough they can ring me on my landline, with out having calls on my mobile too...

I just told them both i couldn't afford to run a mobile :violin:

I just switch it off and put in my handbag when i attend either place.

i thinking getting rid of mine as far as ingeus is concerned, i fine my mobile to be stressful if i miss a call and i don't know who its from. best to keep it just for family, friends and employers :)

what is a psychometric test when its at home? one of my friends has to go ingeus tommorow in order to do one :/

what is a psychometric test when its at home? one of my friends has to go ingeus tommorow in order to do one :/

A psychometric test is a method of profiling certain characteristics of a candidate. A good quality test can provide a fairly accurate measure of somebody's soft skills. A bad test such as http://www.behaviourlibrary.com/strengths.php is a worthless waste of time. Chances are, anything a WP provider comes up with will be of the same calibre as the much derided one in the above link.

if you or your friend is subjected to multiple choice questions, one per web page, the "test" is going to be in the worthless category - Pick which questions you want to answer honestly and ignore the leading ones. Sample questions could be:

• I have trouble getting up in the morning.
  • I have difficulty in eating a healthy diet.
  • I don't want to be here.
  • I worry about money and paying bills.

Answering such questions profiles the victim and could result in being mandated to attend yet more worthless "courses". If dumped in front of a computer and told to "get on with it", demand to be given a paper based version and select which questions should be answered - This has the result that a WP clerk has to enter the data in to a computer and wastes their time as well as yours.

A psychometric test is a method of profiling certain characteristics of a candidate.

I had a paper based booklet put in front of me when I started with A4E and because, at that time, I wasn't aware that I could refuse to fill it in I went ahead and filled it in (while the adviser sat at my shoulder!).

But, the questions are so blatantly obvious that it was easy to make the outcome what I wanted - which was minimum intervention. So the sort of question would be as you said, i.e:

I jump out of bed immediately in the morning

I like to snooze for 10 minutes before getting up

I really struggle to get up

I have to be physically dragged out of bed

As you see the questions are so obvious that it was easy to pick the answer that meant I required no intervention whatsoever, which didn't please the adviser. :wink:

Those questions are 'loaded', some mornings I am up before Dawn, due to insomnia, other mornings I can't even get out of bed for an hour or so, due to my body seizing up because of osteo-arthritis.

Much of the 'testing' is of little value in a normal work situation, and only provides a very very general guideline to the providers as to your 'mental attitude' to getting back to a workplace where THERE ARE NO JOBS if you are over 35... let alone 55.

If they took the over 50s out of the work programme they would have more time available to deal with the younger people. The whole programme has been hijacked by so called 'do-gooders' when the only good they do is make people feel even more worthless.

Those questions are 'loaded', some mornings I am up before Dawn

Some days, I'm going to bed as the sun comes up and waking up around tea time - Usually after pulling an all nighter. If A4e, Ingeus, or any of the other WP providers tried to make something of that, I'd be giving them a stern lecture on work ethics and shift work.

I have my first ingeus appointment next week,but due to some new medication for my mental illness,have a doctors sick note (GP v1).My medication slows me down and I'm not sure what I have to do with the sicknote and if it excuses me from this.My sick note covers me until 10th November,my so-called training begins on 17th of October and I'm anxious as I've heard bad stories of the consequences of non attendance.Any advice would be gratefully received.Thanks and much sympathy for anyone in the same situation.

I have my first ingeus appointment next week,but due to some new medication for my mental illness,have a doctors sick note (GP v1).My medication slows me down and I'm not sure what I have to do with the sicknote and if it excuses me from this.My sick note covers me until 10th November,my so-called training begins on 17th of October and I'm anxious as I've heard bad stories of the consequences of non attendance.Any advice would be gratefully received.Thanks and much sympathy for anyone in the same situation.

Are you receiving JSA or ESA?