Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2459 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Nope, they'll just twist it to become a job opportunity.

wouldn't surprise me haha

how come ingeus advisors ask about things such as your living arrangements, how much in benefits your get and other stuff along those lines? also my friend said his advisor had something on his screen with loads of red green and other colured blocks on it and he swears the advisor wrote at the top sanctioned or something before locking his computer. what was it and does this mean he has been sanctioned?

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

how come ingeus advisors ask about things such as your living arrangements, how much in benefits your get and other stuff along those lines? also my friend said his advisor had something on his screen with loads of red green and other colured blocks on it and he swears the advisor wrote at the top sanctioned or something before locking his computer. what was it and does this mean he has been sanctioned?

WP advisors can't sanction anyone, they can only raise a doubt. It's a DM at JCP that decides.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

I suppose they can ask all sorts of questions, but folks are free to decline to answer many of them. Certainly, you don't need to tell them how much you're getting in benefits. Now, if they had shown good faith, they could conceivably be asking these questions in order to make sure that any jobs they put you forward for would actually improve your situation. But it doesn't seem like many of them act in good faith.

Red and green blobs? TBH, I suspect this is probably quite innocuous - it's most likely the adviser's appointments calendar, with green showing free time and red showing time that's booked. And whatever your friend's adviser wrote, Ingeus staff can't impose sanctions - only DWP Decision Makers can do that.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I suppose they can ask all sorts of questions, but folks are free to decline to answer many of them. Certainly, you don't need to tell them how much you're getting in benefits. Now, if they had shown good faith, they could conceivably be asking these questions in order to make sure that any jobs they put you forward for would actually improve your situation. But it doesn't seem like many of them act in good faith.

Red and green blobs? TBH, I suspect this is probably quite innocuous - it's most likely the adviser's appointments calendar, with green showing free time and red showing time that's booked. And whatever your friend's adviser wrote, Ingeus staff can't impose sanctions - only DWP Decision Makers can do that.

both me and my friend attend ingeus, everytime we come out of appointmants with them we always find ourselves analysing everything our advisors have said.

all in all i feel like tellng ingeus i have rabies, then maybe they'll leave me alone xD

Nope, they'll just twist it to become a job opportunity.

Portland Down research assistant. Accommodation and meals provided in a secure, safe, and clean environment.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

both me and my friend attend ingeus, everytime we come out of appointmants with them we always find ourselves analysing everything our advisors have said.

Fair enough to analyse this stuff. Comparing notes is useful.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Portland Down research assistant. Accommodation and meals provided in a secure, safe, and clean environment.

I was trying to think of one. Well done!

There is no need to worry yourself over anything which a Welfare To Work Clerk says to you within any meeting, and if you have done nothing wrong, there is no need to feel threatened. The W2W Clerks are not that qualified, and if you wish to seek Professional Advice, make an appointment to see a Professional Careers Advisor.

Edited by RebeccaPidgeon
Additional Information Submitted

W2W such as Ingeus makes many feel paranoid and like they are out to get you it seems

It's understandable to feel like that considering they are trying to trip people up and try to sanction regardless of how wrong the sanction is

Plus each scheme is worst then the one before in general. I have only found my local seetec to be worse though people wise (only 3 at Ingeus are irredeemably bad), one called me a liar cos he was too lazy to talk to his colleague, one pretended to be a nice guy until he never informed I was with a new adviser and then he made it obvious talking to me was the last thing he wanted and the one who didn't condemn homophobia at a job interview from seetec period. Interview prep can't always help when the interviewer is a bad rude one

Can't say I'm surprised in the least, in fact I'm surprised more of them haven't been caught yet.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Hope they get the book thrown at them. Might serve as a warning to others.'Bending' the rules is one thing, as we all know the DWP and WP guidance is open to interpretation in many ways, but outright fraud denotes serious criminal intent.

The prosecution rests, M'Lud *sits down and adjusts his wig*

Got another letter for a pointless interview with the work programme today i think it is not worded properly see what you think.

"As part of your participation in the work programme. I am writing to inform you of an appointment which you are mandated to attend an employment plan review appointment as been arranged for"

And then it goes on to say " location: supervised jobsearch seetec Springwell house Newbould Road Chesterfield"

my question is this a valid MAN as as they got their location wrong.

there's is a seetec in Chesterfield but for the live of me i cant find supervised jobsearch seetec anywere in Chesterfield

Got another letter for a pointless interview with the work programme today i think it is not worded properly see what you think.

"As part of your participation in the work programme. I am writing to inform you of an appointment which you are mandated to attend an employment plan review appointment as been arranged for"

And then it goes on to say " location: supervised jobsearch seetec Springwell house Newbould Road Chesterfield"

my question is this a valid MAN as as they got their location wrong.

there's is a seetec in Chesterfield but for the live of me i cant find supervised jobsearch seetec anywere in Chesterfield

Seems to be a genuine location unfortunately http://www.seetec.co.uk/home/where_to_find_us/chesterfield.aspx

You get the pain of them watching you jobsearch unfortunately

I am doubtful that you can avoid this unless I'll or something

Thanks for the reply Chester6 since there wasn't any start of finish time on the MAN for this supervised jobsearch does that mean I can attend the seetec office do five minutes jobsearch print out 3 or 4 jobs and then leave the premises and claim my £6.30 travel fair?

if so it's not bad work for £6.30 is it :-)

has i've got everything to search for jobs at home i have Internet access printer, copier and fax and have already told them this.

It just really seems pointless for me coming in just to do something which I can do better at home.

Quelle surprise!

Had a letter through this morning from the DWP stating that the recent doubt against my claim now no longer exists. Again, the mandatory 4-page letter with a booklet instructing me how to appeal. I'll just pop it in my drawer with the other 4 DWP letters I've had recently...

With reference to post 4409. I am sure that someone posted that Ingeus had offered them £50.00 for work details of employment they had found themselves, so that they could claim money for it.

Would that not make Ingeus guilty of fraud and the person if they took the money guilty of fraud also.

There is no need to worry yourself over anything which a Welfare To Work Clerk says to you within any meeting, and if you have done nothing wrong, there is no need to feel threatened. The W2W Clerks are not that qualified, and if you wish to seek Professional Advice, make an appointment to see a Professional Careers Advisor.

i suffer from anxiety so i worry about almost everything, i find ingeus advisors very patronising and they don't seem to care abouts their customers problems.

With reference to post 4409. I am sure that someone posted that Ingeus had offered them £50.00 for work details of employment they had found themselves, so that they could claim money for it.

Would that not make Ingeus guilty of fraud and the person if they took the money guilty of fraud also.

and bribery.

i found this on the FOI website i was looking up supervised jobsearch as i have an appointment with the WP to do supervised jobsearch i wonder if it something to do with A4E being penalised in the south yorkshire and East Midlands areas(BBC News website).as i was happly parked by them:-) this will be my 5th visit in 16 months anyways the quote is old but it does make sense.

S. Martin left an annotation (27 September 2012)

I can state that Ingeus do not use supervised jobsearches as a mandatory activity, and none of the providers HAVE to use it, they choose too. This is for audit puropses, basically they have to provide an audit trail for the various DWP/Government assessors, basically its generating statistics and information and nothing more.

These statistics are used as proof via the audit trail, that the WP provider is providing value for money. To do this they ensure everyone signs in, so they ensure many people are mandated to visit their premises several times per week, even though it is of no benefit to the participant.

Much the same could be said of supervised job searches, basically one member of staff can log multiple people onto the computer network and tell them to do a jobsearch. If there are 20 people, one member of staff can do this, once logged on the member of staff can leave them to do other things, which they do. We now have 20 people logged on as having done mandated job searches many times a week, this is extremely cost effective to the WP provider, and takes up minimal staff time.

The crux of the issue is simple, get as many participants together with as few staff as possible, repeat this as often as possible and you have a lot of statistics for the autitors.

Remember the WP providers are "for profit" companies and will always maximise their profits by any means possible, even to the detriment of participants.

I forgot to mention earlier that I was in my local Ingeus office today. I overheard two advisors talking to each other. One was bragging how they were close to achieving "gold" standard for the month. Sounded like they had nearly met the top target needed for returning clients to work, picking up a nice bonus along the way. The other advisor spoke of numerous warehouse vacancies becoming available and that they had sent all her best available clients already, and was only left with the "dregs", of whom they had no intention sending forward for interview.

Send your best clients for interviews so you can hit targets and get your bonus. "Park" those who need the most support and then brand them as "dregs" because you don't have the skills to work with such clients. Way to go Ingeus.

The crux of the issue is simple, get as many participants together with as few staff as possible, repeat this as often as possible and you have a lot of statistics for the auditors.

Remember the WP providers are "for profit" companies and will always maximise their profits by any means possible, even to the detriment of participants.

The answer to this is to get as many participants as possible to demand one to one "help" and tie up the staff in providing "guidance" - If twenty people can waste the time of as many staff in pointless tasks of zero or minimal benefit, it costs the provider. It also has the knock on effect that the staff are unavailable to persecute other claimants. Oh, and if you can print stuff out on their paper, make good use of it by printing out the DWP guidance documents.

I deliberately set out to spend as much time at my final A4e appointment at got it to overrun by a good twenty minutes. The "adviser" then had a whole stack of DWP forms to fill in (and get her nappies changed) which must have taken another half hour. Unfortunately for the clients that followed, my meeting was the first one of the day...

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.