DWP IUC Accusing undeclared self employment- tax returns submitted

Charlie T
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 166 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

please could someone offer any advice on this matter?

i received interview under caution letter beginning of September with DWP accusing me of un declared income from self employment whilst getting ESA despite me writing to dwp informing them 10 hours per week self employed permitted to work form sent during Covid and submitted tax returns too. Really confused how it’s undeclared when I followed correct channels. 

I have a solicitor but my mental health is shot, been bad for 20 years, suffered for  and on meds.  I’m so worried but honestly thought I’d done everything above board. I’ve got 2 weeks of sleepless nights and feeling like I’m on the edge of losing the plot, my mind is racing. Contacted doctors for help. 

Surely if they thought I’d done something very wrong they’d arrest me now?  

Why make me wait, interview is October, my mental health is really suffering.

wondering what to expect,  

what happens at an interview,

can they arrest me?  

I’m a genuine person,

I’ve sent tax returns in and I just can’t understand why I’m being called in but it’s complete torture. 

woe slow down..

moved you to the benefits forum...

here you'll see 100's of like threads about these interviews...NOTHING to panic about or lose sleep over.

1st you CANNOT be arrested for innocent benefit fraud ...where did you ever get that idea from?
forget it.

you also wont be made to pay it all back in one lump sum even if you have innocently made a mistake.

it could even be you are one of the people that at random gets these reviews. and there is nothing overtly wrong.

you'll be ok simply be truthful and you dont need a solicitor.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi D, Thank you for moving my post to the correct section, appreciated as new to this.

I’m panicking because of the wording on the letter,  reading my rights coupled with calling a solicitor and they have advised they wouldn’t get me in for an interview under caution unless they thought they could prosecute. 

C.T

Thanks for the reply.  Yes I I have a photocopy of the letter sent to them in 2020 during covid.  I did try calling them at the time too but on hold for over 1 hour so hung up, I could possibly get my phone records too.  It’s just so cruel how they send a letter reading my rights and make me wait nearly a month without giving me any information, my mind is out of control with worry. Probably not helped by asking solicitor to come with me, advising me of worst case scenario’s.