Channel 4 Dispatches to air debt collection exposé

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I second that, mattyd1979, consider turning your knowledge into something constructive, offer your time to a debt councilor?

Crikey this is addictive. DEFFO last post.

If I stopped Debt Collecting then another 'Mark' might jump in my place!!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could not agree more. The thing is I never even defaulted with RBoS. They used xmas 2007 as an excuse to send my debt to a DCA. They used the slow postal service at xmas time as an excuse to get around me making them a decent monthly repayment offer which I was *ALREADY* paying and was *NEVER* in default. How the hell could they send my debt to a DCA when I *WAS* paying them and *NEVER* defaulted???

I wonder if there is any way to contest this now.

yep that Rbos for you :(

I missed 2 payments with them due to a job change & they defaulted me without warning then sent the court docs to my old address & I didnt know for 3 months. Then they sold my RBS mastercard to a DCA without defaulting me properly & I got a CCJ for that too !

as the government owns them now perhaps they should sort them out but I doubt it!

yep that Rbos for you :(

I missed 2 payments with them due to a job change & they defaulted me without warning then sent the court docs to my old address & I didnt know for 3 months. Then they sold my RBS mastercard to a DCA without defaulting me properly & I got a CCJ for that too !

as the government owns them now perhaps they should sort them out but I doubt it!

I never defaulted though. I am hoping this will stand me in good stead if it ever goes to court.

Yes ,this programme shone the light on the wrong doers, but there was nobody to tell these people of their rights,i.e CCA,SAR or anything else !

if the people in this programme had information like we have on this forum,then perhaps they would not be in the situation that they are !

Perhaps the CAB and other help sites should help !

OMG i watched part of the programme and cant believe the comments from th Marlin guy.

The Debt is SB and no CCj so they cant get a attachment of earning or discuss with 3rd party.

Also the person who was watching How on earth was what he was doing a minor rule break. Threating someone re a SB debt is not a minor rule break IMO. Breaking the third party rule is not a minor rule break IMO and calling the prson back when they have already hung up on them as they are at work is not a minor rule break IMO.

the programme just goes to show how easy it is for this dca ocs etc to get away with things.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

this was an interesting programme but nothing really new, which is a pity, I think more could be done about people who use unscrupulous methods but it does not appear to be a priority, there sadly will always be folk who are attracted to positions of power among all kinds of trade where they can abuse others, it usually comes down to background stuff, personal experiences be acted out against others and so on.

rules and guidelines are put in place because we know we all fallible, it is the failure of those responsible for enforcing them that must be held to account.

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

OMG i watched part of the programme and cant believe the comments from th Marlin guy.

The Debt is SB and no CCj so they cant get a attachment of earning or discuss with 3rd party.

Also the person who was watching How on earth was what he was doing a minor rule break. Threating someone re a SB debt is not a minor rule break IMO. Breaking the third party rule is not a minor rule break IMO and calling the prson back when they have already hung up on them as they are at work is not a minor rule break IMO.

the programme just goes to show how easy it is for this dca ocs etc to get away with things.

I lost count of the number of bad words I said whilst watching this....you are right Godmother, minor breach?????

And what about him telling her employer she is basically not doing her job, avoiding people on the phone...FFS!

Karma is a magical thing 'Mark' :mad:

Disgusted but even more determined to spread the word and fight them

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

I've done it and I don't need to defend myself because I do an honest job and help people out wherever I can. I found the programme pretty painful to watch tbh.

Many Many years ago I went on a course at the Birmingham Settlement - on bailiffs - there was someone there from Bristow & Sutor Certificated Bailiffs from Redditch - I remember him telling us that Bailiffs were doing debtors a favour by seizing their goods - it helped them clear their debts.

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

Two wrongs don't make a right. Surely saying it is good that Mark's life is in danger makes you as bad as them?

So it's totally right for this Mark to put debters lives in danger? People have committed suicide because of pr**ks like him! They have no where else to turn and it all becomes too much!:mad::mad:

I don't think he should be a target for anyones aggression but he should lose his job and then maybe he will feel the pinch, have some other pr**k ring him up and ask for the debts he can't afford to pay!

Then 2 wrongs will make a right!:grin::grin:

omg just finished watching dispatches what a bunch of arrogant t****rs they were what i would have given to reach in and slap some of them especially that woman who didnt give two s***s that that poor mans baby had just died good it has made me so mad............poor dog was frightened half to death as i was sat here screaming at my laptop watching it lol

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks