Channel 4 Dispatches to air debt collection exposé

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I agree totally

I am going to complain to the SRA - I'm also going to check - when I have time both the SRA Advocacy codes and also the CPR to see if its' possible to make an application to the court to have MC removed from the court record. I think the issue is that they do appear to be misleading everybody.

Incidentally - I now appear to have the only Solicitor there dealing with my case - he signed the last document I received and their file ref has changed to his reference...

If there is only one solicitor there it might be worthwhile all caggers who have letters from MC posting the signature on his letters and compare to see if the signatures are different

Perhaps they have also been signing his name on letters as well as the telephone pretence!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My "mate" just sent them this email to info AT marlinfs dot co dot uk.

Dear Marlin,

I have an outstanding debt which I am having trouble paying - you know what it's like when the going gets tough. Granted, in situations like this the tough get going but I'm at the end of my tether.

The reason I'm in this mess in the first place is because a few years ago I said to my wife (then girlfriend) get outa my dreams and into my car. It was the biggest mistake I've ever made. She may be a Caribbean Queen, but Suddenly it all went Bittersweet. It was all spend spend spend with her. She's had the money and it needs to be paid back before she even thinks of paying the mortgage, the council tax and buying food. Although we're still together I think she's **** for getting us in debt.

I think the only way I'm going to get myself out of this situation is if I'm put under undue pressure. Maybe that will do the trick. Therefore, I request that you call me at work as soon as possible with the view of sorting this out once and for all. If you can't get through, please keep trying in the morning and if you don't get through diary a call for lunch and then the afternoon and then after 4pm and the try in the evening between 7pm and 8pm. If necessary, speak to my boss. He'll confirm that I work there and might even tell you how much I'm on.

If you get through try and make yourself sound different to the competition. You've got to be hard. If I think for one moment you're a push over then who do you think is going to get my money on pay day? Not you - the wife.

By the way, my dad has a great uncle on his mum's side of the family who lives in America. I've never met him but he's definitely related as I've got some old photo's and we look similar. I'm more than happy to provide his contact details as I'm sure there must be some legislation where it states he could be liable for this debt. Please confirm and I'll email you his phone number.

It "may" be a good idea for you to consider bankruptcy proceedings. This "may" just sort the problem out. In fact it's a brilliant idea - you pay the legal costs and make me bankrupt and then I become debt free overnight. Why didn't I think of that myself?

Another alternative which you "may" want to consider is that my wife is very ill. Now, I know people just say this when they're in debt - making up stories about people dying and all that but this is actually true and could work in our favour. She's insured for £250k which is a tidy sum. Do you have any suggestions or advice on how I can get my hands on the £250k quickly and settle matters with you? Do you know a good solicitor?

My last option is to make a payment arrangement with you. Now I know £20 is sh*t so let's not even go there. What about £100 or say £200 or say £275.62 or say £125 or say £201? I'm sure if we keep plucking figures out of thin air without any regard to my financial situation we'll eventually agree on a number eventually. Let's face it, it's a number game anyway. I'm just a mug being mugged - in fact I'm on the verge of being a criminal when you think of it. What a w****r.

I shall look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Billy Ocean-Finance.

• Haha 1

It's going to be an interesting year...

I wonder if the buggers have got a public license to play music? I bet they haven't. I think I may have to report them to PPL for playing music PPL : Playing Music and Videos in Public .

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

If there is only one solicitor there it might be worthwhile all caggers who have letters from MC posting the signature on his letters and compare to see if the signatures are different

Perhaps they have also been signing his name on letters as well as the telephone pretence!

I have had various letters sent from Mortimer Clarke, but all computer signed 'MCS' only

maybe Marlin are affiliated to "billy OCEAN FINANCE"?

ok

sorry about that

please dont upset billy lol

Marlin Legal

this lot isnt it?

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

I am dealing with this shower too via the courts, although its stayed at the moment. Waiting to see their next move.

Oooohhhh we have 26 guests viewing this thread!!!

Mind you there must be loads of people who have the pleasure of dealing with this Company but werent aware of the help available online

i wonder how many people have found our site due to Marlin...? :rolleyes:

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

I hope everyone who needs to will start complaining about Marlin and there bullyish ways. After that dispatches programme I am hoping for some good advice to be able to deal with that bunch of *****s. Sorry, i'm still fuming over the way they treat people, myself included.

ATTENTION TRUECALL OWNERS

In view of our beloved Marks comments it is clear that they THINK they are annoying you by just ringing the phone and eventually you will answer it- now in the mistaken beleif that i was being smart i set my truecall to answer zapped callers with the go away message

As a result of the programme i have now ammended it to simply give the ringing tone rather than the message- that way mark and his pals will rack up their phone bills in the mistaken beleif that the constant ringing is annoying me

the more calls they make to truecall owners the less time they will have to ring others who havn't = less commissions for them

lets all do the same - keep them guessing are we there or aren't we!!

Hello can i take your reference number please........"Billy Ocean" :D:D

Oh FXck Off !!! ..............ooooh thay are mad

Beck

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. one is by the Sword. The other is by Debt."

Barclaycard PPI Refund £4300:whoo:

Barclaycard = Mexican Stand Off

TSB = Mexican Stand Off

Santander = :mad2: MungyPup is coming to get yahh :mad2:

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks