Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


brokebutnotbeatn last won the day on April 18 2012

brokebutnotbeatn had the most liked content!


392 Excellent

1 Follower

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. you already have the CCJ - I would have thought as it's nearly 6 year's old they won't be able to collect on it. If you attend and advise that you neither knew you had it nor have been contacted about it since in spite of being on the electoral register that they'd struggle. Anyone?
  2. A split after 4 years would entitle him to something under family law (I assume) so I might be inclined to agree but seek a court order that specifies he has no further claim on any goods; property etc. A family lawyer could draft that for you for not a lot of money. Family law does not always appear 'fair' to the one who has to pay out but it is objective so a 30 minute (usually free) consultation with a family lawyer might not be a bad idea either. Just Google one in your area and give then a call. Just an opinion of course.
  3. This is why I used to remind people that the service is not 'free'. It also means you have to push hard and be totally on top of the plan and driving the freezing of interest; it's not in CCCS / Payplan's 'interests' for interest to be frozen is it? My preference would be self-manage your plan; or set it up then take ownership of it once it's running...
  4. As the claim isn't even from the person who bought the kitten I don't see how this can proceed?
  5. This is why I asked how long you had been living together?
  6. "while I was with her..." So, how long were you living together?
  7. As it is subject to a CCJ it cannot be SBd. So when was the CCJ obtained?
  8. NEDCAB is great because they also provide a guide as to the industry accepted allowances.
  9. I should add that you wlil get a court order as to the financial arrangement and this should include a phrase that stops either party from inheriting after death. It's quite straightforward but advisable to get the sols to draw up the wording. I did a DIY divorce but still got the necessary wording from a solicitor for the court order.
  10. The judge will still ask about financials and I believe a financial statement is still required. The advise is never proceed to Absolute without the financials being agreed. This to protect both parties. If you agree and the judge can see no co-coercion is involved it should go through smoothly. You must (should) engage the services of a family law solicitor who will word the application and court order with regards financials appropriately. It shouldn't cost a lot.
  11. Co-op are offering a fixed price. It's quite straightforward. Any family law firm will be able to help you. GL.
  12. Your financial needs and his will be assessed according to your circumstances. Its a 2-way street (regardless of the grounds for divorce). Pensions, income needs, needs of children, assets - all have to be taken into consideration. Now, you and your husband might come to a perfectly amicable and acceptable financial settlement that doesn't include this money - I assume he doesn't know about it then?
  • Create New...