Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Everything posted by brokebutnotbeatn

  1. you already have the CCJ - I would have thought as it's nearly 6 year's old they won't be able to collect on it. If you attend and advise that you neither knew you had it nor have been contacted about it since in spite of being on the electoral register that they'd struggle. Anyone?
  2. A split after 4 years would entitle him to something under family law (I assume) so I might be inclined to agree but seek a court order that specifies he has no further claim on any goods; property etc. A family lawyer could draft that for you for not a lot of money. Family law does not always appear 'fair' to the one who has to pay out but it is objective so a 30 minute (usually free) consultation with a family lawyer might not be a bad idea either. Just Google one in your area and give then a call. Just an opinion of course.
  3. This is why I used to remind people that the service is not 'free'. It also means you have to push hard and be totally on top of the plan and driving the freezing of interest; it's not in CCCS / Payplan's 'interests' for interest to be frozen is it? My preference would be self-manage your plan; or set it up then take ownership of it once it's running...
  4. As the claim isn't even from the person who bought the kitten I don't see how this can proceed?
  5. This is why I asked how long you had been living together?
  6. "while I was with her..." So, how long were you living together?
  7. As it is subject to a CCJ it cannot be SBd. So when was the CCJ obtained?
  8. NEDCAB is great because they also provide a guide as to the industry accepted allowances.
  9. I should add that you wlil get a court order as to the financial arrangement and this should include a phrase that stops either party from inheriting after death. It's quite straightforward but advisable to get the sols to draw up the wording. I did a DIY divorce but still got the necessary wording from a solicitor for the court order.
  10. The judge will still ask about financials and I believe a financial statement is still required. The advise is never proceed to Absolute without the financials being agreed. This to protect both parties. If you agree and the judge can see no co-coercion is involved it should go through smoothly. You must (should) engage the services of a family law solicitor who will word the application and court order with regards financials appropriately. It shouldn't cost a lot.
  11. Co-op are offering a fixed price. It's quite straightforward. Any family law firm will be able to help you. GL.
  12. Your financial needs and his will be assessed according to your circumstances. Its a 2-way street (regardless of the grounds for divorce). Pensions, income needs, needs of children, assets - all have to be taken into consideration. Now, you and your husband might come to a perfectly amicable and acceptable financial settlement that doesn't include this money - I assume he doesn't know about it then?
  13. You both have to produce a financial statement and mediate a financial settlement. Yes this money will form part of that discussion.
  14. That could depend on how you got him to sign against that figure... Yes, I think its perfectly reasonable for you to be asked and to supply a breakdown of how you arrived at that amount!
  15. You are better off with this default marker as it will drop of your credit file after 6 years. An AP marker on the other hand will remain on your credit file for 6 years AFTER the account is actually closed. It might sting now but you're better off with this in the longer term IMHO.
  16. You really should ring your creditors and advise them what is happening, what you have done and request a freezing of interest and charges - otherwise you will incur charges with returned DD payments etc unnecessarily. At this point it's fine to ring them. Then you should follow up with a letter outlining what you have said and what they have agreed to do that you should send recorded. You can confirm the address to write to when you talk to them. You can put the 'in writing only' instruction into this letter as well.
  17. Are any of your debts (credit card/loan) with your bank?
  18. "the type of credit agreement" i.e.' credit card' or 'loan'.
  19. Hi, sorry to hear this. If you look in the library (up top under banks and credit) you will find template letters there. In the immediate I would ring them all then refer to your phone call referencing date and time in your first letter. Reduce them all to £1. Do it asap. You should also send the 'do not telephone' letter.
  20. And keep that letter safe for sending in copy to the next one who has a go at this debt...
  21. getting defaults removed can be a long and hard battle. I might start 'in ignorance' with Merligen - in this instance hit the phone and say this has 'appeared' on your credit file, what's it about as you haven't defaulted on anything so are mystified and work backwards. This wouldn't be what I'd normally suggest but you have a different objective. I don't believe an account would have been sold on without it being in default so you should get to the original marker in which case you can get it as you say paid off and if not removed the marker date corrected. But you shouldn't do anything without getting it in writing. However, you might find the path a very frustrating one I'm afraid. There is a 'Credit Reference Agency' section. Look in there and see if Brigadier has any better suggestions.
  22. The time to challenge the default date would be when the debt has become statute barred. So you need to understand when your last payment was as this is what sets the SB clock, not the date of default.
  • Create New...