Channel 4 Dispatches to air debt collection exposé

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5411 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right we need to keep this legal and not stoop to the low level approach of these cockroaches. If someone experienced can advise of the most appropriate way forward with this I will give my wholehearted support.

Maybe a sticky?

People, please... It is understandable feelings are running high.

However, by suggesting "accidents" for Marlin's employees and encouraging harassment of the company is not good news.

Please do not put the future and effectiveness of CAG in jeopardy.

Thank you.

You can be more effective by contacting (by email/letter) your MP, the OFT, your local Trading Standards, the SRA.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hear hear HAK, but newcomers please be aware we don't advocate debt avoidance on here.

What we do advocate is empowering yourselves to deal with your debts, and debt collectors, according to the law. If whoever is chasing you goes by the book, and all your documentation from the bank is in order, we can point you in the right direction to get free, managed help from a debt management organisation.

If your documentation, eg loan agreement, is missing or faulty, if you have had unfair penalty charges added to your account, or if DCA's break the rules..we can advise, but ultimately it's your decision how to proceed.

Most of all, though, whatever your circumstances, on here you will get NON JUDGEMENTAL support, a warm welcome and new friends who understand your problems...because they're in the same boat.:)

Elsa xx

People, please... It is understandable feelings are running high.

However, by suggesting "accidents" for Marlin's employees and encouraging harassment of the company is not good news.

Please do not put the future and effectiveness of CAG in jeopardy.

Thank you.

You can be more effective by contacting (by email/letter) your MP, the OFT, your local Trading Standards, the SRA.

Quite right..... this should be outside of CAG ....so i'll help

letsringmarlin : Lets ring Marlin

Beck

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. one is by the Sword. The other is by Debt."

Barclaycard PPI Refund £4300:whoo:

Barclaycard = Mexican Stand Off

TSB = Mexican Stand Off

Santander = :mad2: MungyPup is coming to get yahh :mad2:

Might I suggest another course of action other than the ringing because the point has been made by now I am quite sure about telephone harrasment. As an observer of the documentary last night you are quite at liberty, to write to Marlins expressing your feelings about the way Marlins appears to be administered. As I understand it, they have to deal with complaints. Maybe they are better with their complaints proceedure than other DCA's and you may be lucky enough to get a reply that you can share with all of us. It will give them some work to do.

• Haha 1

If my post helped you feel better, click my scales.

Hi all,

I missed this program last night - need to play catch up I think.

It certainly seems to have struck a chord:lol:

This site is so supportive and helpful to those who need it and equally I suspect its a pain in the rear for the DCAs and others who try to exploit us.:grin:

Off to dust off my CD collection oh yes, and must buy a Truecall.

I wonder if I can get it on my Credit Card:lol:

Cloggy.

Might I suggest another course of action other than the ringing because the point has been made by now I am quite sure about telephone harrasment. As an observer of the documentary last night you are quite at liberty, to write to Marlins expressing your feelings about the way Marlins appears to be administered. As I understand it, they have to deal with complaints. Maybe they are better with their complaints proceedure than other DCA's and you may be lucky enough to get a reply that you can share with all of us. It will give them some work to do.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/210506-dispatches-letter-my-mp.html

This might remind you of some of the points to make.

If my post helped you feel better, click my scales.

I'm glad to see so many here - including P1 and TT, who I haven't seen for a while :)

Hi Sosumi.... I pop in from time to time, but life's been too hectic (with work) to give CAG the time that I once used to.

Glad to see you're still fighting the good fight... :D

There are 30 "guests" on here guys.... It needs to stay constructve on here, don't you think?

Shall we ask the moderators to make this a members only thread?:lol:

Wife and I watched that, last night. I was horrified about the 'agent' getting excited when he was talking about getting his hands on a debtors property.

As an aside, but wholly related, I was at a conference last year and overheard the guest speaker - afterwards - talking to a select band of sychophants that he was promoting the idea of re-opening debtors' prisons. I kid ye not.

Shall we ask the moderators to make this a members only thread?:lol:

Wife and I watched that, last night. I was horrified about the 'agent' getting excited when he was talking about getting his hands on a debtors property.

As an aside, but wholly related, I was at a conference last year and overheard the guest speaker - afterwards - talking to a select band of sychophants that he was promoting the idea of re-opening debtors' prisons. I kid ye not.

Scrooge once asked charity collectors at his office

"Are there no prisons?"

"Are there no poor houses?"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Personally, I felt let down by Dispatches.... why didn't Jane Moore mention CAG? In fact, why is CAG never mentioned on any programmes of this kind? If it's down to advertising, then it should have been insinuated at, at least.... debt management companies were and most of them are useless... or are already connected to the debt collection industry anyway...

Personally, I felt let down by Dispatches.... why didn't Jane Moore mention CAG? In fact, why is CAG never mentioned on any programmes of this kind? If it's down to advertising, then it should have been insinuated at, at least.... debt management companies were and most of them are useless... or are already connected to the debt collection industry anyway...

I don't believe JM or the Dipatches production team do not know about CAG. They refrained from mentioning for reasons unknown.

Hot off of the press :

Official .... 'Mark is not expected back at work for the rest of the week'

I wonder if he'll ever be back at their workplace ?

:grin::-)8)

Were you getting this info?

I don't believe JM or the Dipatches production team do not know about CAG. They refrained from mentioning for reasons unknown.

The producer approached me via this site through a PM to chat about my experiences with Marlin. We had several long chats and I was invited to appear on the programme. As a lot of my family and friends do not know of my problems, I eventually declined.

I also know that several others over on the Legal Issues board who had dealings with Marlin were also approached

I once overheard a traffic warden in a cafe telling someone that he didn't live locally - they don't issue tickets close to where they live for security reasons.

I wonder if DCA's are the same - maybe they have some sort of swap deal with other DCA's for each of their own areas so they don't bump into people they have been threatening. If that is the case then Mark should be safe enough.

But I agree that we should refrain from any sort of threats, even if they are only made in fun they can be taken out of context and come back to bite you.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5411 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks