Channel 4 Dispatches to air debt collection exposé

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5385 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank heavens for that sosumi :D

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:) PF

We can all do our bit in different ways.

The 'threat monkeys' are basically telesales workers, pumped up by the threat of redundancy if they don't meet their 'targets'. They can do the job by justifying their purpose (vaguely) and switching off the shame that's burning them up. They know they cause distress - and more - by their actions, but full of adrenalin they'll meet 'their targets' somehow. Whatever it takes.

But one day their conscience is going to hit them like a lorry.

That's where we can help them along. Shame them and learn what we can about the people they work for.

Know your enemy.;)

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

Someone's been reading this thread and using comments on it against us - calling us a debt avoidance forum ! Dispatches - Undercover Debt Collector - Channel 4

absolute proof that we should be more circumspect regarding what we post on here.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Indeed sosumi i have no sympathy for them at all, as i have said on here before "WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND".

So i now wait for that day to come around.

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Someone's been reading this thread and using comments on it against us - calling us a debt avoidance forum ! Dispatches - Undercover Debt Collector - Channel 4

absolute proof that we should be more circumspect regarding what we post on here.

You mean this one?

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I refer to The Limitation Act 1980 s29 paragraph 7

Further, the program misstated the law, in so far as a limitation period is not extended by contact, it is only extended by payment or by a written and signed acknowledgement of the debt. Spoken acknowledgement is not sufficient.

They did & now they know;)

Totally Agree with you but I went to the Manager to MP to BEEAR (Gareth Thomas) and fobbed of all the way!!

Thing is this was 2 years ago and have learned loads since then so they probably want get away with it today!!

Think I will write a letter to Marlins T/S as I have a few issues about them.

Anybody know there local T/S email

HAK

Gareth Thomas is no longer Minister of Consumer Affairs.

His role has been replaced by Lord Mandleson (Mandy) at BERR

The Shadow Minister re: BERR is;

The Right Honorable Kenneth Clarke.

Always liked Ken Clarke; a man who shoots from the hip and is extremely experienced.

AC

Hi all , my bit to help the downfall of DCAs is to introduce as many people as I can to CAG and to help as many people as I can when it comes to debt problems and DCAs. I talk quite openly about my debts and must admit I am shocked at the amount of friends and workmates who have approached me in confidence about debt problems. Due to this site I have been able help many people if only to listen to their problems and all have in time joined CAG and also stood up to DCAs. DCAs are bringing on their own downfall by the way the treat debtors who are now finding strength and support to fight back.

sleepingdog

Some idiot impersonated me on there yesterday and I reported them to C4 and the post was removed.

Well, they are going to say that, aren't they?

The point is, that these DCA's have no idea about: What went on prior, to their firm(s) purportedly buying big buckets of debt.

There are many members who have massive 'Disputes' against the Origiinal Creditor(s).

The DCA(s) are not interested in these 'Dispute(s), they just want to get the money rolling in.

Adhere, to the OFT Guidelines, I say;

Adhere to the UCPD, I say;

Adhere to the CPUTR's, I say and...

Stop Harassing Consumers by use of: 'Unfair Business Practices!!!

AC

Hmph, they don't seem to be publishing my little missives encouraging legal debt evasion, for some reason :O)

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

They didn't publish mine yesterday refuting the "debt avoidance forum" postings. I've emailed them asking why

They can attack the Cag all they like that does not dispute the laws of the land.

It takes them about 2 minutes to find your new number.

Regards

David

Does it? I owe about 40K to 20 odd creditors, paying some nothing and others a quid a month, since I changed my number nearly a year ago I have only had one caller and that one was stopped from ringing again very easily.

After talking to people, reading forums, watching TV progs, etc. I realise I did the right thing. The small amount of inconvenience involved in telling people I had changed my number was a lot less than the hassle from creditors would have been. Also i need to have a phone free as i have a heart condition and countess Orlick has chest problems.

For years various DCA drones have tried to belittle CAG & similar sites stating that we advocate debt avoidance & misinform debtors, we have even been mentioned in court cases by DCAs with the intention of trying to sway a Judges opinion on our legitimacy. But if it is their opinion that we are such a minor irritation to them why do they make such a big deal of it?

I know it is impossible to find out, but I would be interested to discover how much money their dirty little industry has lost through sites like ours. It must run into many millions by now..... So we cannot be such a minor irritation can we? ;)

For years various DCA drones have tried to belittle CAG & similar sites stating that we advocate debt avoidance

We advocate, the letter of the law, which is more than a fit and proper persons holding a consumer credit licence would do.

Edited by overdone

If my post helped you feel better, click my scales.

For years various DCA drones have tried to belittle CAG & similar sites stating that we advocate debt avoidance & misinform debtors, we have even been mentioned in court cases by DCAs with the intention of trying to sway a Judges opinion on our legitimacy. But if it is their opinion that we are such a minor irritation to them why do they make such a big deal of it?

I know it is impossible to find out, but I would be interested to discover how much money their dirty little industry has lost through sites like ours. It must run into many millions by now..... So we cannot be such a minor irritation can we? ;)

totally agree

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5385 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks