• Tweets

• Post #415 you said you were unable to sell it yourself. Earlier I believe you said there had been expressions of interest, but only if the buyer could acquire the freehold title. I wonder if the situation with the existing freeholders is such that the property is really unattractive, in ways possibly not obvious to someone who also has an interest in and acts for the freeholders.
    • i dont think the reason why the defendant lost the case means anything at all in that case. it was a classic judge lottery example.
    • Hello, I will try to outline everything clearly. I am a British citizen and I live in Luxembourg (I think this may be relevant for potential claims). I hired a car from Heathrow in March for a 3-day visit to family in the UK. I was "upgraded" to an EV (Polestar 2). I had a 250-mile journey to my family's address. Upon attempting to charge the vehicle, there was a red error message on the dashboard, saying "Charging error". I attempted to charge at roughly 10 different locations and got the same error message. Sometimes there was also an error message on the charging station screen. The Hertz 0800 assistance/breakdown number provided on the set of keys did not work with non-UK mobiles. I googled and found a bunch of other numbers, none of which were normal geographical ones, and none of which worked from my Luxembourg mobile. It was getting late and I was very short on charge. Also, there was no USB socket in the car, so my phone ran out of battery, so I was unable to look for further help online. It became clear that I would not reach my destination (rural Devon), so I had no choice but to find a roadside hotel in Exeter and then go to the nearest Hertz branch the following day on my remaining 10 miles of charge. Of course, as soon as the Hertz employee in Exeter plugged it into their own charger, the charging worked immediately. I have driven EVs before, I know how to charge them, and it definitely did not work at about 10 different chargers between London and Exeter. I took photos on each occasion. Luckily they had another vehicle available and transferred me onto it. It was an identical Polestar 2 to the original car. 2 minutes down the road, to test it, I went to a charger and it worked immediately. I also charged with zero issues at 2 other chargers before returning the vehicle. I think this shows that it was a charging fault with the first car and not my inability to do it properly. I wrote to Hertz, sending the hotel, dinner, breakfast and hotel parking receipt and asking for a refund of these expenses caused by the charging failure in the original car. They replied saying they "could not issue a refund" and they issued me with a voucher for 50 US dollars to use within the next year. Obviously I have no real proof that the charging didn't work. My guess is they will say that the photos don't prove that I was charging correctly, just that it shows an error message and a picture of a charger plugged into a car, without being able to see the detail. Could you advise whether I have a case to go further? I am not after a refund or compensation, I just want my £200 back that I had to spend on expenses. I think I have two possibilities (or maybe one - see below). It looks like the UK is still part of the European Consumer Centre scheme:  File a complaint with ECC Luxembourg | ECC-Net digital forms ECCWEBFORMS.EU   Would this be a good point to start from? Alternatively, the gov.uk money claims service. But the big caveat is you need a "postal address in the UK". In practice, do I have to have my primary residence in the UK, or can I use e.g. a family member's address, presumably just as an address for service, where they can forward me any relevant mail? Do they check that the claimant genuinely lives in the UK? "Postal address" is not the same as "Residence" - anyone can get a postal address in the UK without living there. But I don't want to cheat the system or have a claim denied because of it. TIA for any help!  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

NPOWER>non-existant warrant to force entry

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2978 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had similar problem a few years back with my gas meter.

Unfortunately I was not aware of consequences of meter changes.

A different company insisted by threatening me with Court action to change my meter.

So they did and I had many problems like yours.

However, I am having similar problems with npower insisting on changing my electricity meter

- it was inspected just a few months back and the inspector assured me that meter was in perfect order.

despite that I have received 15 letters,so far, to let them in to change it!

I may sound mad, but I've come to believe there must be an agenda behind the persistence.

I have a number of friends who are having very similar problems which are nothing to do with their usage.

After the meter was changed, they have received huge unjustified bills.

I keep looking on Cag to find what the real story is, where can I find info?

regards

she!

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Having had Dual accounts with them since 2005 and paying whatever their DD asked for,

they suddenly produced a table of calculations which did not make sense.

Fictitious estimated yearly gas balances for the past 6 years were marked as "cancelled", and the new balances shown amounted to more than £12k.

I now note that, for the first 2 bills produced, they made a mistake, using 4 digits of readings as opposed to 5.

I always provided 5 figure readings to them.

From then on they ignored actual readings provided to them.

Problem becomes complex whereby, because the account is dual, parts of bills for electricity usage seem to appear in order,

whilst the parts for gas usage are either missing or showing '5 digit' estimated figures throughout the years.

I have a number of my handwritten notes with dates and meter readings I supplied to them.

I also have hand written notes of my complaints to them on the phone urging them to use actual readings.

They also, on number of occasions had their own man read the meters of which I do not have a record.

Question1: Can they ask me to back pay for that long even if calculations were correct?

Question2: They claim they have had no meter readings.

How can I use my hand written notes as evidence to challenge them?

Question3: My payments to them _as shown on bank statements are denied by them.

On examining DD payments, I note many of payment Ref. numbers do not match my account numbers, nor their ID number.

Assorted account numbers are shown against my payments. Is that significant?

Question4: On their demand notice/bill for 12k, I note, they have used a different account number to mine, however, the meter serial number matches mine.

The bill is certainly issued to me, it does not belong to another user. Is that significant and if so, how do I address this issue?

Question5: Above started on April of this year, all my attempts to get an answer failed, until June when I asked my solicitors to handle it_too much stress as they harassed me with debt collectors calling in at night. Nevertheless, I have not had any success. Lots of direct letters promising to investigate together with number of demands and, at the same time, 'refusing' to call off debt collectors. The latest is accompanied with yet another meaningless set of calculations reaching at the same alleged amount.

Question6: Today, I received a letter from them, with yet another set of nonsense figures. They now ask me to pay for the last 2 years, admitting their mistake with 4 digits. It is to point out that their mistake with 4 digit was rectified shortly when they started to produce 5 digit estimates.

However, they say they do that as a gesture of good will!

They persist on their allegation of having no meter readings.

They are asking me to pay around £4k, and to set up a DD for £300.00 a month.

None of these figures make sense, and I do not accept their calculations of past 2 years which is again based on false accounting.

Which Rules/Codes of conduct should I be referring to regarding all above?

If I ever resolve this, can I ask for compensation with view to their negligence, delay, appointing 2 debt collectors

and charging their costs to me and reading my meter which is within boundary of my home without my permission.

Question7: They now want to change my electricity meter, they say is old, how can I hold them back until all matters are resolved as there seem to be problems with electricity figures as well_ they have, at times, alleged that all my payments were towards electricity usage!

I am sorry for such long letter, I am not very familiar with your procedures, I am just so desperate for your guidance. Thanks

she!

If they change the electric meter now it may cause a lot of other problems.

Make sure you tell them in writing that you have no objection to the meter being changed once the current issue has been resolved

as you do not want to complicate it with new meter readings on a different meter in case there is an issue with the current meter.

At the first opportunity change supplier.

We would never change back to Npower who seem to love incorrect bills.

They tried to bill our neighbour for over £2000 gas usage, but she doesn't have gas.

I am sure that they cannot back bill you for than 1 year due to their mistake.

Check your old bills for readings adn see which ones were estimates and which were true readings.

Your handwritten notes will not be proof that readings were supplied however the regualtions state that they should be reading your meter at least once every two years.

If they have not done so, they may be on shaky ground.

Perhaps they have allocated the payment to some one else's account.

Have a look on your bill for the meter serial number and make sure that it corresponds with the meter serial number on the property.

As for debt collectors it is easy to get rid of them as tell them that the bill is in dispute and that they have to hand it back to Npower.

Many thanks Surfer01 for your speedy advice.

I shall do re. electricity meter as you said.

How can I change suppliers when I can not resolve this problem.

I thought others would not accept me as long as there is a dispute, is there a way?

or do you think I can change my electricity account, bearing in mind that sometimes npower refers to my account as Dual although they have been charging two DD a month.

I have only two initial bills with actual figures. The rest are all estimated.

I have argued with them a number of times throughout the years but never succeeded.

Re. they should be reading the meter at least once every two years!

Indeed they did, many times over, but they deny it now.

I have also had bouts of reminder attacks in the past when they were sending 4 identical requests in a day_dated the same_ for my meter readings - not for their agent to do it.

On each instance, I telephoned and gave them the readings.

On a number of times, when I complained about repeated requests, when I had already supplied them, they apologised.

They have left notes of their visits to read the meter whilst giving me the option to read it myself.

At times, as and when they called in, which happened a number of times a year, I just let them in to read it..

They are now falsely claiming that they never got access, and apart from my dates and meter reading notes, I don't seem able to prove it otherwise.

In that case, would I lose the battle, or is there a way?

I have checked the meter number, it is mine.

However, looking at my bills,

in 2009, they seem to have changed my dual account number, and where individual gas and electricity accounts are stated within that account,

those differ from initial account numbers I have had from 2006 and my Contract details.

Accordingly, their DD reference numbers on my bank statements reflect this change.

But what good would this discovery do me, I wonder.

I got rid of first debt collector with a lot of difficulty, they then employed a more aggressive one who was persistent to come in.

Is it legal that he read out my meter without my permission?

Can I make an objection? and should I be paying for their costs as npower is asking.

How can I tell npower that they can not go back for more than 1 year?

If they succeed with their false no access claim, then can I still follow the one year limit line?

Sorry to trouble,

I am trying to establish ways I can defend myself.

With all my documents and bills kept since 2005, I thought I would be able to prove something, but what?

she!

Do you have dual duel with Npower, that is your gas and electric are registered with them.

I think the best approach is to send a SAR and asking for all paperwork including meter reads, copies of D flows, notes and transcripts of conversations.

This will cost you £10 and you should receive the documentation in chronological order.

The D flows are what the industry use to pass on information such as registration, meter readings, house visits, etc

and would be one of your most valuable tools because if the flow shows a meter read received on i.e. 01.10.20 10 it should have been inputted into the system.

They are not used for estimates.

Many thanks for your advice re. asking for SAR, I shall do that with confidence, no doubt it would give me a firmer position.

May I also trouble you with one or two other issues.

(1): Against my repeated requests for current bills, they refused to send any since their alleged demands started.

Indeed gas account was in dispute but we did not have a problem with electricity.

They had regular readings and could have issued bills.

I wrote that whilst dispute with gas was on going, nevertheless I would like to pay for my current usage, gas and electric.

Do I have a point here?

(2): From the beginning, they set up a dual account as part of the initial contract, I have a copy of this. However, they never referred to that account number further on.

They issued separate bills for gas and electricity under initial individual account numbers, affecting stated DD amounts to electricity but not to gas.

In 2009 they informed me that they had set up a dual account with a single DD.

DD ref. numbers on bank statements referred to new dual account number from then on.

Is this significant? should they have carried on according to initial Contract and with details of Dual account_ at least till 2009?

(3): I now note that Prior to new dual account, DD ref numbers on bank statements referred to different individual gas and electricity account numbers

which did not match with those on the bills.

Somewhere, they chose to use different account numbers on the bills issued.

However, bills still showed my meters serial numbers.

Do I have a point here?

(4): With back billing for one year, if I don't manage to prove they have had meter readings, can I still follow that path.

And if so, what happens to all the moneys (£5K) I paid towards their incorrect billing.

she!

I am not sure on dual accounts, but would have thought that it would have been one account for both and only one DD otherwise

what is the point of having both supplies with the same supplier as it will not be cheaper.

We would never entrust the same supplier with both our gas and electric supplies.

Once you have your SAR you will be in a better position to understand where it all went wrong.

Get the SAR off as soon as possible.

Secondly send another letter by registered post for a signature stating that you are disputing the bill

and you are waiting for them to fulfill the SAR obligation before you cna take it any further

and in the meantime according to OFT guidelines as the debt is in dispute, they need to suspend any debt collection processes.

This will give you some breathing space.

Do this ASAP!

Check your bank statements and do up a spreadsheet showing date paid and amount.

Reference them by account number as you will need this when you get your SAR.

• 2 weeks later...

Dual account, indeed! as you say, it's not cheaper.

I first got the electricity account with them.

Once that was setup, I opened a gas account as well.

I have it all in writing when they then set up a dual account on their own accord.

This dual account contained the two individual account numbers as well as having it's own account number.

They then forgot all about it, and started to bill individually until 2009 when they decided to set up another dual account with just one DD.

Prior to that, I had 2 DD s for electricity and gas respectively!

I am afraid they do have a spreadsheet that I prepared to showed them my payments, but to date, they have refused to investigate or even acknowledge the receipt!.

As you advised, I have now asked them for my SAR, however I am going to write a letter now to include the points you have suggested.

I hope they don't mess me about with the SAR.

Shall I also call the electricity account 'in dispute' too, as last month they made me send a cheque for £1k as they put it" for outstanding electricity balance".

Under pressure, I made this payment despite the knowledge that I did not owe them any outstanding amounts_

_my DD payments had already accumulated substantial credit for electricity.

I thought it would keep them quiet and at the end, we will work it out into the total balance.

Was I wrong?

many many thanks for your help,

I truly appreciate it.

she!

get the ombudsman involved

ofgen/ofgas i think.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Once you have the SAR and worked out everything, if they have overcharged you, request an immediate refund plus interest and costs.

Costs will be your time in resolving the fiasco and cost of SAR.

We had huge problems with Npower even though we weren't even a customer of theirs and they ended up paying us compensation.

Have you tried moving suppliers as they may not be able to stop you moving?

If they do, another reason to claim more compensation.

• 9 months later...

Debt collectors on behalf on energy company claimed they had a warrant from Hendon Magistrates to force entry to my home.

This had no real cause and energy company had fabricated the debt by not sending bills.

They had monthly standing order from me.

On receipt of notice from debt collectors

I awaited to receive Claim & Response forms from them to defend myself.

However, they ambushed me one day with a large team to force entry to my home.

I called the police whio told me they had a warrant, and if I resisted, they would arrest me.

Afterwards when I contacted for a copy of so called warrant, the Administer of Justice at the court told me there were no warrants "as such".

The energy company takes a batch of claims to the magistrates who summarily gives them the OK for forced entry.

She said I could not make an appeal and I had to take legal action against all of them.

Where do I stand here?

Whom should I go to.

My credit card company is willing to help me to get the money (£3000.00 they got on that day to go away)

providing I gave them details such as claim number and warrant.

They would not let me see the so called warrant on that day.

The police in their support told me if they brought the warrant close to me I might grab and tear it!

Did the magistrates commit misconduct in public office?

Did the energy company or debt collectors went against human rights and harassment laws?

please help urgently, I am desperate.

msshe

Edited by citizenB
had pressed return key before setting out my question

she!

I have moved this thread to the Bailiff section and hopefully you will receive some advice on what you can do.

This is purely an administrative move and you need do nothing.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Debt collectors on behalf on energy company claimed they had a warrant from Hendon Magistrates to force entry to my home. This had no real cause and energy company had fabricated the debt by not sending bills. They had monthly standing order from me.

On receipt of notice from debt collectors I awaited to receive Claim & Response forms from them to defend myself. However, they ambushed me one day with a large team to force entry to my home. I called the police whio told me they had a warrant, and if I resisted, they would arrest me. Afterwards when I contacted for a copy of so called warrant, the Administer of Justice at the court told me there were no warrants "as such".

The energy company takes a batch of claims to the magistrates who summarily gives them the OK for forced entry. She said I could not make an appeal and I had to take legal action against all of them.

Where do I stand here? Whom should I go to. My credit card company is willing to help me to get the money (£3000.00 they got on that day to go away) providing I gave them details such as claim number and warrant. They would not let me see the so called warrant on that day. The police in their support told me if they brought the warrant close to me I might grab and tear it!

Did the magistrates commit misconduct in public office? Did the energy company or debt collectors went against human rights and harassment laws? please help urgently, I am desperate.

msshe

Speak to the Energy Ombudsman about this.

Energy companies are allowed by legislation to force entry into peoples homes to fit prepayment meters.

I believe this was done when a previous government privitised the energy markets.

They simply go to the Magistrate and it is an admin exercise to gain their go ahead to force entry.

From what I have read, there is no warrant that is produced.

Find out what you can about the legislation that allows the energy company to force entry and about billing.

Then consider your options about what to do about this.

You could issue a court claim, but this is not wise unless you have obtained legal advice first.

You could find yourself up against the Energy Companies legal team.

Your local MP may be willing to write to the company on your behalf.

This link provides some info.

http://www.yourrights.org.uk/yourrights/privacy/power-of-officials-to-enter-your-home/gas-and-electricity-boards.html

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

you say they have never sent you any bills?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

could you ma,e this energyco please, as there is one company in particular that has a propensity to screw up billing bigstyle then go for forced entry.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• 3 weeks later...

I did not.

I was advised by CAB to wait to receive Claim and Response form.

I thought they would send those after filing their claim with the court.

Then I would have a chance to respond in writing and attend a hearing during which they would make an application to force entry if I did not succeed.

I am now told that it is at the energy company's or their agent's discretion to send forms.

They are not obliged to do so.

she!

I have spoken to the Ombudsman.

They assure me that they do not have powers to stop force entry.

The energy company misrepresented to the Ombudsman and the court by fabricating a large debt.

Last year they ignored Actual meter readings and billed on estimated usage.

They then, against my requests, refused to send bills altogether.

I first heard of a huge figure through their debt collectors followed by their raid.

I must mention that they have been receiving monthly payments (as they suggested) "towards current and future usage until the outstanding dispute is resolved by the Ombudsman".

I need to find out what legal route they went through that would allow them to get the green light to force entry.

Didn't the magistrates ask whether the defendant had responded, or where the claim form was?

she!

Yes they had not sent a bill for current usage based on actual readings.

However, for this particular raid, they apparently had only addressed the current usage which they fabricated.

I did not know where the amount demanded by their debt collectors came from.

They had written a few weeks back apologising for not issuing bills and promising to do so very soon.

I am now very concerned as, now they have sent me estimated bills with yet another fabricated amount of around £5k!

They have ignored Actual readings and based it on unrealistic huge estimates.

Apparently the bill took more than 12 days to reach me giving me deadline of 1 working day to pay.

I contacted the courts to see if I could get an injunction to stop the eminent next raid.

I was told I can not do a thing. Just wait!

If they do not send notifications, which apparently they can, then I just have to sit and wait for the repeat of that horrendous experience.

I need to find exactly what they did at the court last time.

It would help to see if I can I stop the next raid until the Ombudsman gives his verdict for historic dispute.

she!

Debt collectors on behalf on energy company claimed they had a warrant from Hendon Magistrates to force entry to my home.

This had no real cause and energy company had fabricated the debt by not sending bills.

They had monthly standing order from me.

On receipt of notice from debt collectors

I awaited to receive Claim & Response forms from them to defend myself.

However, they ambushed me one day with a large team to force entry to my home.

I called the police whio told me they had a warrant, and if I resisted, they would arrest me.

Afterwards when I contacted for a copy of so called warrant, the Administer of Justice at the court told me there were no warrants "as such".

The energy company takes a batch of claims to the magistrates who summarily gives them the OK for forced entry.

She said I could not make an appeal and I had to take legal action against all of them.

Where do I stand here?

Whom should I go to.

My credit card company is willing to help me to get the money (£3000.00 they got on that day to go away)

providing I gave them details such as claim number and warrant.

They would not let me see the so called warrant on that day.

The police in their support told me if they brought the warrant close to me I might grab and tear it!

Did the magistrates commit misconduct in public office?

Did the energy company or debt collectors went against human rights and harassment laws?

please help urgently, I am desperate.

msshe

I did not. I was advised by CAB to wait to receive Claim and Response form. I thought they would send those after filing their claim with the court. Then I would have a chance to respond in writing and attend a hearing during which they would make an application to force entry if I did not succeed.

I am now told that it is at the energy company's or their agent's discretion to send forms. They are not obliged to do so.

I have spoken to the Ombudsman. They assure me that they do not have powers to stop force entry. The energy company misrepresented to the Ombudsman and the court by fabricating a large debt. Last year they ignored Actual meter readings and billed on estimated usage. They then, against my requests, refused to send bills altogether. I first heard of a huge figure through their debt collectors followed by their raid. I must mention that they have been receiving monthly payments (as they suggested) "towards current and future usage until the outstanding dispute is resolved by the Ombudsman".

I need to find out what legal route they went through that would allow them to get the green light to force entry. Didn't the magistrates ask whether the defendant had responded, or where the claim form was?

Yes they had not sent a bill for current usage based on actual readings. However, for this particular raid, they apparently had only addressed the current usage which they fabricated. I did not know where the amount demanded by their debt collectors came from. They had written a few weeks back apologising for not issuing bills and promising to do so very soon.

I am now very concerned as, now they have sent me estimated bills with yet another fabricated amount of around £5k! They have ignored Actual readings and based it on unrealistic huge estimates. Apparently the bill took more than 12 days to reach me giving me deadline of 1 working day to pay. I contacted the courts to see if I could get an injunction to stop the eminent next raid. I was told I can not do a thing. Just wait! If they do not send notifications, which apparently they can, then I just have to sit and wait for the repeat of that horrendous experience. I need to find exactly what they did at the court last time. It would help to see if I can I stop the next raid until the Ombudsman gives his verdict for historic dispute.

I think you may now be better in the Utilities Forum.

OP Previous thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?373704-Npower-built-up-fictitious-bill-for-over-%A312k-cancelling-my-accounts-for-past-6-years

you say they have never sent you any bills?

dx

Wish I had a pound for every time that question was asked and the answer comes back as No !

Edited by 45002

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...