Lloyds 10yrs old CCj now sold to cabot **WRITTEN OFF**

If its SB its dead as deceased as the Norwegian Blue on its back feet in the air in its cage.  Can't be resurrectedd

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

30 minutes ago, ohitsonlyme said:

The point I was trying to make is that if an old ccj could be clawed back by a credit cardot DCA then surely old SB debts would fall into the same category and executors would need to satisfy those too as technically they are still owed by many of us that have unenforcable CC Debts

That's why I recommended earlier in the the thread that you get some professional legal advice! The law on what Executors responsibilities are for SB'd debts isn't clear online.

statute barred is statute barred END OF!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

That's logical and correct DX,  and how I understood it to work if they can't pursue the debtor  for the debt whilst they are alive, it can't be resurrected and charged against the estate or demanded personally from executors who knew diddly about that SB debt..

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

As advised statute barred debts are dead...if your alive or dead......so are CCJs that are over  6 years old and have never been executed or secured against property by way of a charging order.......no matter how much your estate is worth.

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 months later...

I continue to receive chase letters very other month from Cabot and have to date ignored them

This months letter states they will ask a company called resolve call to call at my home and "make contact with me"

what should my reply / action be in this situation

There was a template around at one time telling DC that you do not give them authority to call but I cant seem to find it

Only me again

If Resolve call did fetch up, go out with a mask on and tell them to foxtrot oscar better still ignore them,

• Like 1

the reason you can't find that letter is because it was always pointless letter tennis anyway and should never have been used in the 1st place, old school twaddle.

• Like 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 years later...

I have recently made a will and would like to understand how to deal with an very old ccj bought by a DCA so that they dont try to claim on my estate when I die.

Pointers to other threads or advice welcomed

Onlymeagain

How old is the CCJ ?  Roughly how much is it for ?

This type of debt is unlikely to be high up on the priority order for settling.

It would be up to executor to ensure they handle the estate correctly and deal with any liabilities in a priority order.  What if they did not know about the CCJ and distributed the estate without paying the CCJ ?  Nothing much the DCA could do.

The usual thing is to put a notice in the Gazette (London Gazette) asking parties with claims against the estate to come forward. We gave 21 days today do do. The object being to protect the executor from subsequent claims after they distribute the estate 

After 6 years a CCJ becomes incredibly difficult to enforce, it needs to go back through court again where it's likely a judge would seriously question why they couldn't collect during that period. Plus it would now have dropped off credit files and the CCJ register.  They are just trying to get money from you, ignore !

Is the judgment secured by way of a charge on your property ?

Edit ....referring back after topic merge I see its not.:-D

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

• dx100uk changed the title to LLoyds 10yrs old CCj now sold to cabot - DCA Assigned debt and probate?

old and new threads merged.

your same questions was asked in 2020 and answered already then.

dx

and they

Things change

Ive got health issues  Ive been writing my will and learning about probate,

I could probably handle it if it was for someone else but my family couldn't

I am trying to tidy my issues up and dont want to leave this as a mess for my kids.

I want it out of the way and dont want to pay a scummy DCA

forget it exists.

consumer debts even with CCJ's die with you.

dx

and they

Consumer debts Do not "die with you" if the estate has enough value to cover them 

The onus is on the exectors to pay any outtanding debts prior to benficiaries, It may not be enforcable but it is still a debt and by ignoring it the executors could be liable by acknoweldgning it the DCA will gain 100% of the £12k ccj that they paid pennies for

During my lifetime I can ignore it but if they continue to send letters after my death then the executors my wife and child have a legal duty to sort it out/ pay it  and I dont want thm to be left with the hassle or the costs of doing so.

What is the best way to stop the letters now while I am alive

If this is causing you to worry, then it is up to you to decide the action you take.

Once an executor has paid beneficiaries, it would be very difficult for a debt owner in this situation to take action against the executor.  If there is a CCJ that is no longer showing on records, the deceased has left no paperwork and the executor is not legally required to post a notice to the London Gazette, then it is not the fault of the executor if a hidden debt is not paid.

Billions of pounds of debts are owned by these debt owners. Large numbers of people die with these types of debts never repaid.

If you don't want to die leaving executors in a position of not knowing what to do about tracing all debts and repaying them, then you have decided to take responsibility to tackle this yourself. And one way of dealing with this is to carefully negotiate full and final settlements. And once you have completed this, to leave full paperwork records so the executor can see you have dealt with it.

• honeybee13 changed the title to Lloyds 10yrs old CCj now sold to cabot - DCA Assigned debt and probate?
11 hours ago, dx100uk said:

forget it exists.

consumer debts even with CCJ's die with you.

dx

Providing there isn't a Charging Order securing the judgment which would then form part of the estate.

• Like 1