Logging on to MCOL - is the site down?

Hi all,

I needed to submit a defence today (19th March) having acknowledged, Issue Date on 15th Feb (calculated, with the 5 days service etc).

However, I can't seem to log in to MCOL and the path to reset a password just takes me to a dead-end set of informational pages about *submitting* a claim ...

I'm clicking on the yellow log-in/register button on MCOL, which then takes me to a standard Gov Gateway page. 

Firstly, would I have been asked to set a new password on MCOL when I made the acknowledgement

( I can't remember .. so have been trying the password on the claim with my Gateway ID)?

Secondly, is this run-around when trying to reset a password a temporary error,  a long-term error,  anything anyone is also experiencing (could it be cookies etc causing the issue - oh, maybe I'll try again with ad blocker turned off) ?

And then, lastly, how does one go about informing the court that I couldn't log in and that is why the defence is late?

Thankyou in advance!

mcol often has hissy fits, but rarely during the week.

if the date on the claimform was 15th feb, your defence was due by 4pm 18th.

please complete this:

and post up the defence you are proposing to to file so we can check it?

did you send CCA/CPR?

as you are a litigant in person you get certain leeway, so a day or so late wont hurt and you can always file it by email should mcol present problems once we check the defence and you need to file it

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...