markstone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3649 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Get that CCA request off ASAP.

While it is outstanding they can not enforce. they will have to go to the OC to get a copy of the original as well as the terms from inception and terms from default.

Obviously they can provide a recon i.e no signatures but it must be a true copy.

For the sake of £1 + signed for delivery it is worth it.

How long is it since you last made a payment? If it is only a short time it may be worth trying to set up a payment plan again. As you say you do not want a CCJ on your file.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get the legal requests off. Right now, they have only sent a threatogram. Processed for legal action is the same as saying IF, May, might etc etc. Notice how they dont go into detail on what this suppossed legal action is.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Head your CCA request I don not acknowledge any debt with your company.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

if they've offered numerous discounts

this always makes me wonder WHY?

can you scan up the agreement you currently have please?

**you can post up images/letters by this method immediately..you don't need 10 posts**

set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300DPI [150 will do]

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

'

BUT......

ENSURE: remove all pers info inc. barcodes etc

but leave all monetary figures and dates.

{DO NOT USE A BIRO OR PEN OR USE SEE THRU TAPE OR LABELS]

DO IT IN MSPAINT.EXE or any photo editing program

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites ...

http://freejpgtopdf.com/

if you have multiple scans/pics

put them in a word doc FIRST and convert that to PDF

or http://www.freepdfconvert.com/

or

use www.pdfmerge.com

convert existing PC files to PDF [office has an installable print to PDF option]

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

try and logically name your file so people know what it is.

though dont use full bank names or CAG in the title

i'e Default notice DD-mm-yyyy TSB

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

YOU DONT have to put a link to the attachment in the msg box..just upload it ..job done

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

three historic threads merged here too.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

There is no " restriction" as far as I know on the OCs entry showing the account settled/satisfied along side the debt purchasers updated entry, this reflects the true conduct of the account, you can request the OC to remove their entry.

Mark as long as the "new owner" of the debt has an entry showing the correct default date all is well, if the OCs entry remains and has incorrect data then a complaint to the OCs Data Controller is the right approach.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

three historic threads merged here too.

dx

Thank you guys for all your kind help. Am away from home today, but as soon as I am back tomorow, I shall get the CCA sent, and try and post a copy of some of the corespondenc letters, thanks again ( it's good to know I am not fighting this alone! )

CCA Request has been sent. I did think it was strange that they keep on making offers on the account, I am hoping it is not out of the goodness of their heart, but rather, they do not have the right documentation, so they can"t enforce it! I am just in the middle of trying to get the scanned pic of the letter they sent me

The fact that the agreement was dated may 2007 suggests that they would have a good chance of enforcing this .

The discounts which seem to be in the region of 25% may just mean they would rather have a fat profit in their hand now than a slow income stream .

Remember that for a £6000 debt they will probably have paid less that £1000

although I understand that the value of debts is increasing

i.e buyers are having to pay more.

If that is the case there is still a potential quick profit of 3500 for them .

Nice little earner if you can get it.

• Confused 1

Hi Markstone.

No need to react to the letter because the CCA request has been made, although you could point this out to CapQuest if you want.

:-)

• Confused 1

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 1 month later...

IMO, Yes, they will know they have failed to send the CCA, so the account is in dispute.

I feel it may be pointless reminding them of this just yet. Wait until, if at all, you get any other begging letters off them, or anyone else, then you can respond by sending the ''failed'' letter.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

IMO, Yes, they will know they have failed to send the CCA, so the account is in dispute.

I feel it may be pointless reminding them of this just yet. Wait until, if at all, you get any other begging letters off them, or anyone else, then you can respond by sending the ''failed'' letter.

Yeh,I will hang fire before I do anything further!!

• 1 month later...

Ok Guys, just an update on this continuing saga.

I had a letter this morning from Capquest, saying that they have not been able to obtain my requested document from the original creditor Barclays Partner Finance ( My CCA request ) and therefore they recognize that this debt is not enforceable. Should they ever get the document in the future, the debt becomes enforceable again. But if BPF have not sent it by now, I am guessing, its not likely they ever will ( they have had 3 or 4 months to find it )

So all in all, good news..........for now!

Yup, sounds like good news, for now although this is not going to help get adverse CRA data removed. :-(

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

It is possible that at some point in the future they may try to send some form of recon (this happened to me with CL finance after they were bought) . This may or may not technically fulfil their cca request liabilities. However if that does happen you would need to look at it very very closely as I for one would be suspicious .

Overall yes it is good news. I assume that you have stopped paying , so fingers crossed now until the SB date