Jump to content


Site Team
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


slick132 last won the day on September 7

slick132 had the most liked content!


5,647 Excellent


Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. You need to be insistent with the police - don't let them fob you off with, "You should report this to Action Fraud". Insist on speaking to CID; if you continue to be blocked, ask why they're refusing to investigate a scam that may well have netted hundreds of thousands of pounds for the perpetrators; tell them you'll escalate your complaint to seniors if necessary; tell them you were not aware of what Maxwell/FTR were doing and they abused the access you gave them; tell them you are one of many victims and will do whatever it takes to have this investigated properly. If that fails to get the response you deserve, complain to your MP with very brief details of the scam and the police's failure to investigate. Unless you get more pushy, you'll have no chance of disputing HMRC's claim for repayment of the full amount.
  2. Hi Schipoo, You have 30 days to submit further objections - make sure this does not catch us out and come back to remind us 7 days before the deadline. What progress have you made in contacting the police ?
  3. Hi Dixon, Wait for further contact from the MP about their attempt to contact the MP responsible for HMRC and EIS. Also, no harm in contacting Alex Buckley at HMRC as sugested.
  4. Hi Kallil, Your thread title refers to a fine but your first post does not. Can you post a copy of the letter as a single pdf but hide name, address, tax ref. no., etc. We need to see what they say. Did you normally file tax returns each year back in 2013/14 and 2014/15.
  5. Yes Dixon, definitely. The more you can get involved, the better the chance of you all being heard !! Tell them to sign up here.
  6. Hi dixon, No, I'm not aware of any of the other cases here going the same way as yours in the ways you mention. What's happened with the CCJ Warrant against FTR ?
  7. A free Certificate of Posting from the Post Office counter is useful as proof of posting.
  8. As you're not going to see the police for a week or more, I suggest you reply before the Tribunal deadline. Unless you have any other ideas, I suggest a letter back to HMRC Litigator :- Dear sir or madam, Thank you for your letter of xxdate. I am grateful to the judge for giving me a further opportunity to confirm any reasons I have to oppose the Application to Strike Out my appeal. I have not yet been able to have a face to face interview with Police CID to give them my evidence of the fraud commited against me and HMRC by FTR Ltd. This is likely to happen after the deadline given by the judge for me to respond. I have no further grounds to oppose the Strike Out Application at this stage. I can only reiterate, this is not a dispute between me and a tax advisor (FTR Ltd). My tax account was used by FTR Ltd in an unauthorised manner not known to me, nor allowed by HMRC. The majority of tax refunded was kept by FTR Ltd and I knew nothing of what they had done to secure the tax refunded. I understand the police are already investigating another similar case involving FTR Ltd. My other concerns are that HMRC were quick to refund tax to FTR Ltd, a newly acting agent; based on an unusual type of relief claimed (EIS); without sight of any investment certificates; and without checking the eligibility of the scheme I allegedly invested in. I suggest HMRC failed to act with due dilligence, being too quick refunding FTR Ltd in circumstances that should have been investigated better. Thank you for allowing me to put these matter to the Judge. Yours faithfully,
  9. Hi Blog, Is there any further news at all on this please. Thanks
  10. Hi Dixon, Any update on progress with getting proper attention from the police ? .......... or anything else ?
  11. Hi Bboo, Get the SAR sent off to VM straight away as advised. VM are a nightmare in terms of Custr SServices. Stay off the phone and deal in writing only. Are you certain you were not in a renewed agreement. By not renewing a contract with them (like most providers), you often end up paying far more per month. Once you are certain of all your facts, you can decide how best to proceed.
  12. Hi Super, What gym is this about ? Since a High Court case back in 2011, a gym contract for anything over 12 months is not enforceable. £15 per month for 3 years adds up to a lot, especially if you don't want to use the facility. If, on reflection, you each want to cancel, both send the gym a written letter sent by post and get a free Cert of Posting at the PO. You only need to say :- I refer the the gym membership I signed for on xxdate. As the agreement is for more than 12 months, it is unenforceable in law and I hereby cancel it with immediate effect. I have cancelled the DD mandate via my bank and will not enter into any discussion about this matter. That's it, send this and cancel the DD mandate . Let us know what you hear back from the gym or their agent.
  13. Time to visit the police station, as I suggested above. ^^^^
  14. Hi Dixon, Rather than getting another crime ref. no., your goal should be to speak to a CID officer and have them take proper details about the fraud your have been a victim of. Face to face and by appointment if necessary but, whatever it takes, talk to CID and tell them a significant fraud has been operated by FTR, there are many victims and the money taken in fraudulent tax refunds, at the very least, exceeds £100,000.
  15. Hi Dixon, It's not clear yet who has got the attention of the police re Blog81's friend or contact. Nothing has come back on this yet despite me trying to get more info. I suggest you make your complaint direct to your own police force and do not be fobbed off with, "Oh, this should be reported to Action Fraud." Make it clear you have been the victim of a well-rehearsed fraud which has left you owing £,000's to HMRC while FTR and O'Hara have run off laughing. And it is your right to have this investigated by the police. Keep us posted ................
  • Create New...