markstone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3622 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The ICO Technical Guidance on Defaults says ''Defaults should be placed ''Timely'' usually within 6 months of the cause of action''. So I have worked on the theory that anything over nine months from cause of action is unfair, there are of course exceptions listed in the Guidance.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks Brigadier, I will let you know when I get the details of the SAR, I recived a letter from the company this morning saying they will send me the SAR details within 12 days, so things will hopefully be much clearer then!

They are just trying to get rid of me I think!

I hope they don't skimp on it!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

They cannot do it as the day you defaulted was back in 2008-2009 or when ever it was. This is the date you defaulted wether u pay the debt or not it will be removed 6 years from the day it was placed, it cannot be readded after this point and cannot be altered from original date. it can be updated monthly with any payments or the balanace outstanding but the date of default will always be the same. if its dif get intouch with the ref agency and inform them that its happened and that it should not have and they will correct it

12 days for a SAR remarkable!!

It seems Barclays Partner Finance have got their Data Protection Act mixed up, as I recived another letter today, the day after their letter yesterday, the first one saying 12 days in accordance with section 77(1) DP Act 1974, and todays letter Quoting section 7(1) DP Act 1998 saying 40 days. Thats a great start!

Edited by markstone

:madgrin:What plonkers they don't know their CCAs from their SARs or something like that:lol:

:madgrin:What plonkers they don't know their CCAs from their SARs or something like that:lol:

It kind of gives me hope that they have lost my file, and I will be able to get them to remove the default, at the very least, correct the default date they have changed, accidently on purpose!

Edited by markstone

Correction of the default date in the minimum imo removal would be more appropriate I think.

i have a default date 15/03/07 on my noddle report. 6 years this march. anyone have any idea, should my credit score much higher after march? after the 6 years have passed, will it have a big impact on my score?

It should have quite a big influence on your credit score, but having said that, because the default is so old, its only really if you are applying for a mortgage, that defaults will matter whatever the age of it. Most other companys such as credit cards, will overlook a default that has sufficiently aged. But just keep an eye on it in March, and make sure it has actually droped off, if it does"nt automaticly, then drop the credit refference agency a line asking them to remove it.

• 4 weeks later...
yes your score will improve once it drops off

but, as brig indicates

it may well be that the mortgage company will look to see a history of good money management

if there are no accounts remainingto show this, it could be an issue.

now WHY are you paying a DCA?

NEVER EVER pay a DCA always the Original Creditor.

dx

the above is from another thread but...

I was wondering what dx100uk meant by saying never pay a DCA.

If your debt has been sold to a DCA, like mine has, t

hen surely you can no longer deal with the original creditor, and would have to pay the DCA instead?

If an account is still with the original creditor with a DCA assigned only to ''collect'' on behalf of the creditor if is often better to attempt to make paymets to the creditor.

Thanks Brig, so I will deffinatley have to deal with the DCA

Yes unless you can drive a DCA to such distraction that they off load it back to the OC, not easy but it has been done.

Yes unless you can drive a DCA to such distraction that they off load it back to the OC, not easy but it has been done.

Well the default I am aiming to get rid of, will fall off next year anyway, so will wait for them to amend the Default date to the correct one, then will comence the war on persuading them to knock it of early!