Moorcroft/JD williams

claire99991
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4389 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

had dealings with moorcroft

they keep sending someone to my door demanding money on a catalouge (amount approx £290)

i have no problem setting up a direct debit to clear this bill however

i sent a cca reuest on 11th december as i want to make sure they owne the debt,

i heard nothing about the cca request (all done properly signed for, kept proof, pound postal enclosed)

the door stop visits stopped (i also sent a door stop letter with the cca request) until

monday and would you believe she is hammering on the front door again and put a card thru to ring her to pay the debt,

i sent a 2nd letter on tuesday saying they have failed to comly with my request of the cca and its past the 12+2 days etc...

got a letter today that i dont understand ill put it below

We duly confirm that we have requested the relevant doccumaentaion from out client and once recieved we will dult forward the same to you.

Meanwhile we duly confirm that all collection activity on this account has been put on hold and we will not seek to enforce payment

of this debt until such time as the documentation has been supplied or we have advised you to the contrary.

In the meantime however,

we believe that it may be of assistance to all parties if we also take this opportunity to ensure that any potential areas of dispute

are addressed prior to any possible court action or further investigation.

To this end can you provide an indication of the information you will be relying upon,

when giving evidence to the court or information to the relevant statutory authorities in relation to the alleged subject matter of this account.

Please could you provide this information by return as this will ensure that all possible areas of dispute

are identified as quickly as possible therby minimizing potential costs and delays.

WHAT does that all mean im baffled...

any advice? ty xx

Hi,

First of all NEVER SET UP A DIRECT DEBIT OR A CREDIT/DEBIT CARD PAYMENT TO ANY DCA!!!

If you are going to pay, then ask for their Banking Details and set up a Standing Order, this way you are in complete control and this stops any DCA from emptying your Account, they will not care if you go without food and electric.

Can you also supply a bit more of the debt that Moorcroft is chasing you for? Catalogue, Credit Card, Loan? Dates of last payment etc.?

As to the letter, first Moorcroft, have they bought the debt or collecting on behalf of the Original Creditor?

Doorstop Collections, These people have no right to be on your property, if they do turn up again then tell them to leave with immediate effect, if they refuse, call the Police who will remove them on your behalf.

The letter, usual Moorcraft rubbish, we are collecting on a debt that we do not have any paperwork for and now we have been found out by way of a CCA request, we have to stop collecting.

I love the bit where Moorcroft are asking you to supply them with details of the alleged dispute, but as Moorcroft is technically in dispute by not replying to your CCA request of the 11th December, send the account in dispute letter and ignore them, you do not have to tell them why the account is in dispute, it's Moorcrofts job to suuply the paperwork informing you that all is correct and not the other way round.

Moorcroft just had to add in the usual bit of a court threat, standard rubbish just in-case you are the nervous kind so you would contact them and then fall into the clutches of the telephone person who would lie, intimidate and bully you into a payment.

hold off on payments until Moorcroft comply with your CCA request.

Basically, ignore Moorcroft now until they comply, do not ring them and if they ring you simply say "in writing only" and hang up.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Its a catalouge debt JD williams

its not been paid for over a year

OH got made redundant, and its for £290 (70%) charges as i only got about 100 quids worth of stuff if that..

.ok i will send the account in dispute letter

i just didnt understand the 2nd paragraph it made no sence and just sounded like a load of waffle!!

i wont speak to them on the phone

the thing that annoys me is the horrid woman that comes round and demands payment she is scary!

i asked her for bank details ages ago when she court me of guard and she said she couldnt give me them

only i could set a direct debit up but i didnt,

i just sent the cca request,

Do you think moorcroft will have told her not to come back until they have got my cca request?

its just that the letter i got today was dated 7th january and i sent the letter on the 9th jan about it being past 12+2 days and no reply to the cca request,

i also made it clear again i didnt want anyone at my front door.

i asked her for bank details ages ago when she court me of guard and she said she couldnt give me them only i could set a direct debit

You can write in and request these, but before you do, make sure by way of the CCA request that Moorcroft are legally entitled to collect this debt, otherwise your money goes straight into Moorcrofts pockets and JD Williams will see none of it.

Do you think moorcroft will have told her not to come back until they have got my cca request?

As above, she has no right, if she does turn up, TELL her to leave, if she refuses or argues the toss, call the police.

i sent the letter on the 9th jan about it being past 12+2 days and no reply to the cca request

As long as the in-dispute letter has gone in, then relax until Moorcroft reply, you are under no obligation to pay them until they do so.

About the charges & any PPI taken out on this Catalogue, if so these can be claimed back.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

In the meantime however, we believe that it may be of assistance to all parties if we also take this opportunity to ensure that any potential areas of dispute are addressed prior to any possible court action or further investigation. To this end can you provide an indication of the information you will be relying upon, when giving evidence to the court or information to the relevant statutory authorities in relation to the alleged subject matter of this account. Please could you provide this information by return as this will ensure that all possible areas of dispute are identified as quickly as possible therby minimizing potential costs and delays.

WHAT does that all mean im baffled...

any advice? ty xx

This is a template response..... I've got. ... erm..... three from them in my files (seperate accounts) all stating exactly the same. :madgrin:

:lol:

Hi sorry for hi jacking this thread but i have read this and am interested to know if you have settled a debt with a DCA with a debit card how would you stop them being able to use the information you have given them to pay another debt they might buy in the future

Personally I have it cancelled

NEVER give a debit card number to a DCA. Golden rule number one in my book

as advised pay be standing order .

Claiming a card has been stolen other than if has been may lead to to loosing all protection

if such an occurance actual occurs

Edited by BRIGADIER2JCS
I have edited out the bad advice here you must not lie about a card bieng stolen, it can have repercussions

• 4 weeks later...

A man from the lewis group called last night but i was at work RE a fashion world catalouge approx £200,

he left a card with my partner,

i txt him and told him i was seeking advice with my debt as my hours have been cut and my self employed partner is very quiet

i was going to send all my creditors a payment plan with income/expenditure,

i sent a txt saying to put anything in writing and i know i dont have put up with people turning up at my door,

he txt back today saying 'he is not the big nasty debt collector you see on the tv i have no reason to worry he wants to help me,

he said it was within his power to arrange a small monthly payment to stop court action.

ive sent the doorstop letter by post and email, what should i do?

send a cca?

let him come round and set up a payment plan?

i dont want to deal with people at the door its stressing me so much you wouldnt believe the thoughts ive been getting :'( :'(

im a nervous wreck!

You don't have to deal with them at the door. If you've already told them you don't want them calling you can do one of three things:

1. Close the door on them.

2. Call the Police.

3. Both of the above.

"I'm not the big nasty debt collector you see on TV"

NO, your exactly right, what you are is an unqualified stranger who has no more legal powers than my cat, if you turn up on my property again, I will tell you to foxtrot oscar, and should you fail to do so, I WILL call the Police and report you for a breach of the peace.

Where do these idiots get off? I seriously don't know who they believe they are, but this is NEVER going to go ANYWHERE near a court, he is just like the rest of the deluded clowns who bully and intimidate people in their own homes into paying money they do not owe.

This is a poxy Catalogue debt, for a pocket money amount of £200, how sad they are.

The VERY most you should ever pay towards this is £1 a month, no more, this is NOT a priority debt by any stretch of the imagination.

If you can block his number on your phone do so, you do not deal with financial matters over the phone, only in writing.

Formal complaint to the OFT&TS via http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Directories/UsefulContactsByCategory/Governmentcitizensandrightscontacts/DG_195948

Have you checked your credit file to see if this is on their? Noddle do a free credit check service.

If you set up any repayment, then it MUST be with the cat direct, not this tin pot imbecile outfit.

Are there ANY charges on this debt? Late payment fees etc? If so either reclaim them OR pay for what you physically owe, and then forget the rest, you will never have to pay for these fees or charges.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Once you have made certain the exact amount you physically owe, minus the charges, then that is all you have to pay. But not to this clown.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 2 months later...

I sent the lewis group a cca request with the pound postal order recorded as they were sending field agents to my home constantly and ignorning the doorstop letter they have replied and said they do not have to issue me with a cca as they are acting on behalf of JD williams so they suggest i submit my request to them they have kept my postal order.

What letter should i send back?

thanks claire

It is their responsibility to act on this whether they like it or not. I would just write, point this out and tell them you will not enter into any further correspondence until they fulfil their legal obligations.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

So you have sent them the doorstep letter, yet they still turn up at your door?

IMO I would be off down to my local cop shop to report them, alternatively, keep a camera by the front door, and each time a muppet turns up scrounging for money, take their photograph and stick it on the internet.