JD Williams sold debt to Link without warning - can they if i was already in an arrangement to pay?

paulhn757
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Looking for a bit of advice please regarding a debt to JD Williams (Jacamo).

I've been in a payment agreement with them for the last year or so (something they offered without being asked for). I've stuck to the plan rigidly, no missed/late payments etc.

This week I recieve a text out of the blue from someone called Link financial asking me to contact them regarding my JD williams account. I assumed it was some kind of scam but checked my jacamo account only to find the balance (about £1500) had disapeared and no payment was due.

I then contacted them to find out what was going on and they confirmed they have sold the debt to Link. I have had absolutley no notice of this, no warning letters, default notices, anything. Can they do this?

I'm going to ignore the dca for as long as possible but would like some advice as to how I should proceed. Given that I had a temporary agreement with Jacamo which I had stuck to I thnk this is really poor of them.

Thanks for any advice.

the sending of NOA is down to link , and to be honest if there was a worse dca id say. 

there isnt any limiting remit an OC must abide by before selling regardless to payments etc etc, i would suggest that JDW have defaulted the debt before or upon sale and its just not showing yet, as the debt is of little use to Link without a valid default notice.

have you moved since taking this debt out and not informed JDW you have in writing?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to JD Williams sold debt to Link without warning - can they if i was already in an arrangement to pay?

ok let it run

block the number and report the texts to 7726 as spam

ignore the txts.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

no yours is not the next move

dx

• Thanks 1

and they