ESA Tribunal Hearing Anxiety ***WON***

Nottingham1989
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4206 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

are you sure they are aware of your disabilities,when i attended the shaw trust they sent me to learn direct and i have learning difficulties this can arise when there is a misunderstanding to disability.

A4e are all to aware of the equality act,they should not be pressurising you into anything.if you are in the support group your benefit is made up of components,only your work component could be affected however they cannot force you to apply for jobs,again given the problems that appear to have been happening at some sites the staff may need to be better informed of their position and not to exceed it.you are not on jsa even if you were the equality act still applies.

i spoke to a nice woman signing she did mention that you have health problems and people with these are held back,so there obviously is cases were people with health problems are continuing to be stranded on benefits.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the job centre will tell you complain to the provider even though they are contracted to them,the official way to complain is to write to the provider through internal channels then wait eight weeks if you haven't heard then contact the independent case examiner.

http://www.ind-case-exam.org.uk/

you should have been issued with paperwork before attending at the job centre and esa complaints may be differently handled then to jsa.

A4e are all to aware of the equality act,they should not be pressurising you into anything.if you are in the support group your benefit is made up of components

Nottingham1989 is in the WRAG. Hence being sent to A4E / having to attend job centre.

they did not like that I came in a taxi, they said next time I need to get the bus in to town then a taxi to the place but I can't use public transport.

if your GP is aware of how much you struggle on public transport, can you ask him / her to write a letter stating this?

Nottingham1989 is in the WRAG. Hence being sent to A4E / having to attend job centre.

if your GP is aware of how much you struggle on public transport, can you ask him / her to write a letter stating this?

My GP is aware! so are Let's Talk Well Being, they are the ones who are providing the therapy, I emailed my therapist to see if she can ring A4E and I have written a letter to the job centre asking them if they could excuse me from going to the appointments until I am in to my therapy, also if they can send me to Ingeus who are more local than A4E and give a better service.

Any complaints need to be made the the provider A4E, unfortunatelt the jobcentre won't have any dealings with you now as you are with the provder for a 2 year period.

I would definitlely ensure that the adviser are made fully aware of your issues but it's doubtful that you will be excused pending your therapy sessions.

If you get a letter from your GP explaining your issues regarding public transport then they will have to take that into consideration and pay you the appropriate fares.

Something that the majority of the providers across the country are currently doing is stating that they cannot reimburse fares or fund training so you are not alone with some of your issues.

Don't forget that as someone on ESA you are more valuable and financially rewarding if they can help you back into employment so if you feel you are being treated unfairly or pushed into something then question it and if necessary complain.

it does not matter,they shouldn't be adding more pressure. the rules for esa are different then jsa and

" Even though your on ESA you will be treated as if your on JSA "

isn't specifically true.it may well be they are financially motivated to get results,however this doesnt mean that that it benefits the person and has the potential to backfire if mishandled of course this will result in only one being effected.

organisations like A4e have access to no more opportunities that cannot be seen by anyone in front of a pc with internet.they have no medical knowledge and in some cases shouldn't be advising on medical issues,their job is to "assist" not to seek to dictate in areas they have no authority to.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

After winning my appeal in June I have now been sent an ESA50 form and I have till the 5th December to send it back.

I really struggle filling these in and if any one could help me again I would appreciate it.

Edited by Nottingham1989

Hello Nottingham, how are you?

I haven't seen leemack here lately, I know she had a flare up of her condition. Have you read her sticky about filling in an ESA50? I know it's about physical illness, but it might give you some pointers.

Can you get help from someone like DIAL? I believe they've helped other people here.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Since my last medical nothing has changed with my mental health, if any thing I am getting worse and I have only just started cognitive behavioural therapy, I have only had 1 of three assessment appointments, when the three are done then the therapy will start and it's going to take a few more months. Plus I am waiting to see a psychiatrist and hopefully that will happen soon when my therapist begins to go in to detail about my problems with me.

I am currently filling out my ESA50 form and with some of the questions I can fill in with the submission letter Leemack & HoneyBee13 helped me with back in April but with some of them I am not sure, the ones I am not sure with are as follows

Going out

Coping with social situations

Behaving appropriately with other people

I have attached a link to my submission letter, if any one could have a look for me and maybe point out the best things to write for each question I would appreciate it, I don't want to go to a medical again and get zero points and have to appeal again. (link to submission)

Here are the things I would with my last appeal, also this time around I have some letters from my therapist, I am waiting for another one from my original assessment with with them (different person) and I am awaiting for another letter from my GP.

Coping with change - 6 points

Getting About - 6 points

Coping with social situations - 6 points

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Kind Regards,

Ross

Edited by Nottingham1989
unauthorised link removed

• 7 months later...

Hi Honeybee Thank you for the reply so soon. Could I please ask for your advice? I have my Tribunal on the 27/06/2012 and I am very worried as I have not recieved my appeal letters from the DWP. I rung them last week asking them to send them out to me and they said I would recieve the in 4 days and still haven't a week later.I just got of the phone to the Hm Courts and Tribunal Service and explained this to them stating that I have Not recieved them and I asked if there is any way that they could changed the date as I haven't had time to put a Letter of my own together and the faults the Medical Examinermade when I attended the medical, Thay said I would have to Email the Tribunal Service and ask them if they could postpone the date. Could you please advice me how to go about this if you have any suggestions? Thanks Edward

nottingham i found that very intesting reading about your medical assesment we atos,i had one also at that centre,i suffer like you we depression am a very emotional person,i was nearly crying while talking with the supposed to be nurse,but she scored me nill points,cant wait to see my form that she wrote about me,i also have other healths problems and scored 6 points..not happy and ive appealed....

nottingham i found that very intesting reading about your medical assesment we atos,i had one also at that centre,i suffer like you we depression am a very emotional person,i was nearly crying while talking with the supposed to be nurse,but she scored me nill points,cant wait to see my form that she wrote about me,i also have other healths problems and scored 6 points..not happy and ive appealed....
Always appeal! I am in a simmilar situation with mental health problems. Had 3 appeals, won them all. Last time I got in touch with CAB to help me, I would urge everyone in this position to do the same.