Do you know
The Banking Code of Practice was abolished in 2009
The Code was replaced by the Banking:Conduct of Business Regulations (BCOB)
BCOB makes it unlawful for your bank to treat you unfairly
BCOB makes it unlawful for your bank to communicate with you in an unfair way
BCOB is legally binding on the banks
You have a right to sue your bank in the County Court if they break these laws
BCOBS applies to retail current account banking.
For credit cards, loans, insurances, you are protected by COBS
Have a look at these articles:-
- COBS and BCOBS Conduct of Business Regs
- COBS - Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers
- Examples of Unfair Treatment
- Textbook Reclaim of RBS charges in 2011
- Force Your Bank to Play Fair
- The New Unfair Treatment Rules - Are They Being Hidden?
- How Can BCOBS Protect You from Your Bank?
- Stop your bank or lender breaching your instalment agreement