ESA Tribunal Hearing Anxiety ***WON***

Nottingham1989
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4202 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just been to my GP surgery and my GP has only given me a two week sick note (previous was 8 ) and it says he needs to see me before the next one is given, is this just standard procedure? I don't want to start battling them as well...maybe I am just reading to much in to this. :/

Hello again. Yes, I think you might be reading too much into it. I would go along for a chat, armed with any information you feel you need from the forum here, and take it from there. They can always issue you with another sicknote.

Anxiety is what you do, right? and so do I. What you're feeling is normal.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My GP told me that new rules mean that they're unable to give med certs for more than three months in the first 6 months of an illness. Some have taken this to mean they can't give a sick note for more than three months at all. Some have taken it to mean that they have to see the patient at least every three months when giving sick notes.

Of course it is good practice, especially with mental health issues to see and assess the patient regularly - so it could well be just that.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a pretty bad week.

I felt so bad I wanted to kill myself so I started walking to the train line...but I missed it! I went to see my GP the next day and he got the crisis team from the local hospital to come see me but when they came I panicked because they were supposed to call me...i feel like an idiot now and I am still waiting on them for a new date. (Tribunal)

:sad:

Edited by Nottingham1989

So sorry, Nottingham, that you're having such a bad time. Glad you're getting the help you need. You know we're here for the benefit stuff, but its important that you keep in touch with the professionals about your mental health state and let them help you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Great news! I won my appeal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was awarded 18 points for the following;

Coping with change - 6 points

Getting about - 6 points

Coping with social situations - 6 point

and awarded Work Related Activity Component

do I still need to give sick notes?

Thank you every one so much and I sincerely mean it...with out you guys I would not of won!

Fantastic news Nottingham! If you have a med cert due to be sent now, best to send it anyway as otherwise you may not get paid benefit for a few weeks if there is a delay in processing your appeal result. Once you get your confirmation letter from the DWP, you won't have to send any more in.

• Haha 1

Great news, Nottingham. Your thread title has been updated to reflect the outcome.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Great news, Nottingham. Your thread title has been updated to reflect the outcome.

Hi Erika,

If it was not for this site and help from other people I would not of won the appeal so I am very great full. When my money get's back dated I will make a contribution to the website, if you could give me instructions on how to do it I would appreciate it.

* I can see how now, I should of opened my eyes :oops: *

No, you just have to attend 6 work focused interviews to discuss what your options are for work for the future. They can't make you look for work. The only thing you have to do at the moment is attend.

Well, not exactly, but if you're in the work group it is considered there may be some work that can be considered - for instance part time work from home, self employment, or retraining in skills that can be used for some work. Its not saying that a person can work, but there may be the possibility of work. Some people in WRAG will never be able to work, and there'll be no chance of preparing them for it. Personally I think its a stretch in a lot of cases and that the support group needs redefining and enlargeing. Though saying that, I fit the support group criteria since the changes in March, but I'm planning some self employment from home.

I know it seems like I am panicking but if I have learnt any thing from the past year is to be prepared. I know I will get called in again and if I was to get 0 points I would obviously appeal but would I need to send in sick notes again?

Sorry Nottingham, I'm not sure. Someone in the know will be along soon though.

Did you find it hard to get medical certificates? Dealing with my GP was one of the easy parts of being ill.

HB x

Hi HB :)

It's quite easy to get them from him, one of the GP's in the practice does not like giving them so it takes some persuading. My main GP has been fantastic with me, he has been my main support all the way during the trial and after. I need to stop worrying but it's hard not too if you know what I mean.

I know exactly what you mean, I do anxiety very well :). When I won my tribunal it was strange not having anything to worry about.

You may need to look for something else to occupy your mind. Do you have any hobbies?

My best, HB

When you arrive at the tribunal service, a clerk will come to talk to you to explain the process, and you can give any doctor's evidence and the submission then.

I was under the impression that the written submission and supporting letters had to be provided no later than 7 days before the hearing?

I'm due to have my ESA hearing on friday morning but I've made a mess of things as I'm at the same court 1 1/2 earlier for a small claims hearing that I must attend. I've tried to put the ESA hearing out my mind and have barely read the letters that I've received and have mistakenly thought that the letters with the court info and time and date were for the small claims hearing. I only discovered my mistake on Sunday evening whilst looking at the small claims hearing information. I managed to ring the ESA people up and try to explain my mistake. They told me to email them which I did but I haven't had a reply yet. The anxiety is terrible now not knowing what's going on and hoping they can put back my ESA hearing. I'm visiting my GP in 35 mins to hopefully and desperately get a supporting letter at the very last minute. :(

Thanks for any help and advice, I really appreciate it.

Sorry for hijack will create my own post.

Yes its best to create your own thread. Earlier evidence is better, but most tribunals will accept evidence on the day still.

Doctors evidence is very important and if possible should relate to descriptors. You also need to write a submission (statement) as we did earlier in this thread, showing why the Atos assessment was inaccurate, and stating your own case for the points you wish to score.

Hello zedcor. Leemack is right, you should have your own thread here. I'll ask the site team to have a look.

If your ESA hearing on Friday is a tribunal, then you need to prepare. Have you read my sticky on appeals and tribunals? You still have time to mug up on the descriptors, how they work and the points awarded to get you to the 15 or more points you need to carry on receiving ESA. Then you could type or write up something to hand in to the panel.

Please have a read and post with other questions if you have them.

My best, HB

Hi all

I have just read this thread from start to finish, couldn't tear myself away until I knew the outcome lol, well done Nottingham, and i just want to say, what wonderful people you all are for the amount of help that you give to everyone. Xx