What Made You Want To Swear Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2177 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What made me swear??? My old boss still not having the decency to reply to my email regarding the underpayment of my wages. Grrrrr

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So sorry LL,

I have been where you are now, the little s**t that lived next door to me was a right sweetheart, he put dog poo through my letter box, he smashed my virgin box twice and tried to put my windows through with stones. I even caught him trying to kick the dog I was dog sitting. His mother didnt give a damn about him, she only worried where her next fix was coming from and we are convinced that she was funding her addiction by prostitution and understandibly the child had been in care twice but they kept bringing him back. I dont get it, she was obviously a bad mother but social services kept putting them back together.

I know how easy it would have been for me to break under that kind of pressure, i considered leaving my job so that I could keep an eye on my house because I dreaded coming home as I didnt know what I would come home to.

I hope the little s**t gets caught or moves on. Hang on in there LL.:)

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

What made me swear??? My old boss still not having the decency to reply to my email regarding the underpayment of my wages. Grrrrr

Ooh Ignoramous !!! send him a lba :D seriously Jo i would give him a ring give him a bit of gbh of the ear :eek::D

So sorry LL,

I have been where you are now, the little s**t that lived next door to me was a right sweetheart, he put dog poo through my letter box, he smashed my virgin box twice and tried to put my windows through with stones. I even caught him trying to kick the dog I was dog sitting. His mother didnt give a damn about him, she only worried where her next fix was coming from and we are convinced that she was funding her addiction by prostitution and understandibly the child had been in care twice but they kept bringing him back. I dont get it, she was obviously a bad mother but social services kept putting them back together.

I know how easy it would have been for me to break under that kind of pressure, i considered leaving my job so that I could keep an eye on my house because I dreaded coming home as I didnt know what I would come home to.

I hope the little s**t gets caught or moves on. Hang on in there LL.:)

That's the problem.

When one neighbourhood wins and gets rid of the ****, they just get moved on to some more unsuspecting decent people. The more people complain to them or their parents, the worse they are and the more nasty things they do.

I am so worried about what I might do if any of my two boys turn out like that. The last thing I would do though, is turn a blind eye. My dad put up with broken windows for years (I am sure it was because his house looked more scruffy than the rest). But when he got double glazing fitted and a new front door and cut his garden down. The trouble seemed to stop. Either that or the kids just grew up.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Just wondering at what point I could demand cctv being put up outside as in the council monitor the house. I know there are cases where this is done, just wonder how much you have to put up with before they act. The alternative is to somehow get cctv installed, but the cost is whats worrying me. I have some internal cheap cameras, but they are no good for decent outside filming.

That's the problem.

When one neighbourhood wins and gets rid of the ****, they just get moved on to some more unsuspecting decent people. The more people complain to them or their parents, the worse they are and the more nasty things they do.

Totally right Sod'em. There needs to be some real punishment for this type of behaviour. Just moving them moves the problem, somewhere along the line there needs to be real repercussions for this type of behaviour. Nobody seems interested in sorting it. I went through the faze of being worried sick of what I would come home to after work. Worried how damaged my property would be this time. Jumping everytime I heard them outiside causing mayhem. I know how stressfull it is. Things for us have been a bit quieter of late, but I'm not holding my breath that it will stay that way. I work from home now so at least I'm here to keep an eye out. I find it especially hard being a home owner, I think if we rentd it would be so much easier to just pack up and move. We just aren't in a position to be able to do that, and even if we were, it would mean selling the house and as we all know that's near imposibble at the moment. I hope things calm down for LL. She has my sympathies!!

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

I tell a lie. I have just received a reply to my email:-

Have just had sight of your letter dated 3rd April. I will look into this when I have a clear moment. It is busy at present and A is also currently on holiday.

I will get my comments to you as soon as I can.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

Just wondering at what point I could demand cctv being put up outside as in the council monitor the house. I know there are cases where this is done, just wonder how much you have to put up with before they act. The alternative is to somehow get cctv installed, but the cost is whats worrying me. I have some internal cheap cameras, but they are no good for decent outside filming.

I think that's down to the Postcode Lottery LL, and what local council you have.

If you lived where I do, you would probably have to take your own daughter away in your car. Douse yourselves in petrol and burn yourselves to death.

Maybe then (if your lucky), they will write you a letter asking you what the problem seems to be.:mad:

I tell a lie. I have just received a reply to my email:-

Have just had sight of your letter dated 3rd April. I will look into this when I have a clear moment. It is busy at present and A is also currently on holiday.

I will get my comments to you as soon as I can.

I told you (earlier in the thread) that he would be on holiday spending your holiday pay.;-)

SOD'EM,

I'm sorry you had such a lousy Easter Weekend.

LL,

What I would personally do, and others may disagree, is call the police and the council every time there is an incident. Get it all logged, and once it is all logged, say over a month, start telling them you will report it to the local press.

Also, you could go to your doctor about the stress it is causing you.

I'd normally say get on to the MP every time too, but that will be pointless while they are worrying about an election - unless you go to a public meeting and ask them what they will do about this kind of vandalism if they get re-elected.

Little sods. I'm sick of hearing about rights - what about the rights of the real, law-abiding British public?

DD

SOD'EM,

I'm sorry you had such a lousy Easter Weekend.

LL,

What I would personally do, and others may disagree, is call the police and the council every time there is an incident. Get it all logged, and once it is all logged, say over a month, start telling them you will report it to the local press.

Also, you could go to your doctor about the stress it is causing you.

I'd normally say get on to the MP every time too, but that will be pointless while they are worrying about an election - unless you go to a public meeting and ask them what they will do about this kind of vandalism if they get re-elected.

Little sods. I'm sick of hearing about rights - what about the rights of the real, law-abiding British public?

DD

Thanks for reply, but where I live, the police do not turn up. I suppose I could ring them and get a crime reference number, but that only means they will turn up days later and the time has gone to deal with the kids. Honestly last time I had piccy of kid holding brick which was later thrown at house, no damage mind you, and police said no damage, we cant prove it was a brick. I mean it was in the kids hand. They come accross sypathetic but to be honest arnt interested and for some insane reason, you end up fealing like you have wasted their time:eek::lol:

I am going to warn the council that if it carries on damage will be done to the house and they will have to pay, and apart from that I am going to switch off from it. Daughter said kids were wearing hoodies sat over on the road sign watching for a reaction from our house, so we just ignored them and they gave up eventually.

But sad in that we have lived here for years and had no problems on an estate previously reknowned unfairly for loutish behaviour, starting to feel it probably was true and the shi** have moved to different part of it:lol:

The Government advertise on national television and elsewhere that all police forces are spending 80% of their duty time on the streets (on the beat). What sort of clowns do they think we are.

Even if they only spent 30% of their time on the beat, there would be a significant drop in crime.:mad:

Still no reply to the reply to my email regarding my pay. Doesn't the boss realise it is the fiscal year end and I need a correct P60 for the tax credits claim form :mad:

Some moron in a Porsche picking the Daffodils that are abundant at the front of our house where every year they bloom.

This large piece of grass is council maintained and it is gorgeous in the spring to see a sea of Yellow when we look out our front window.

I thought to myself what a cheapsake, if he can drive a Porsche then he can afford a £2 bunch of daffs from Asda's!!!!!

Thanks for reply, but where I live, the police do not turn up. I suppose I could ring them and get a crime reference number, but that only means they will turn up days later and the time has gone to deal with the kids. Honestly last time I had piccy of kid holding brick which was later thrown at house, no damage mind you, and police said no damage, we cant prove it was a brick. I mean it was in the kids hand. They come accross sypathetic but to be honest arnt interested and for some insane reason, you end up fealing like you have wasted their time:eek::lol:

I am going to warn the council that if it carries on damage will be done to the house and they will have to pay, and apart from that I am going to switch off from it. Daughter said kids were wearing hoodies sat over on the road sign watching for a reaction from our house, so we just ignored them and they gave up eventually.

But sad in that we have lived here for years and had no problems on an estate previously reknowned unfairly for loutish behaviour, starting to feel it probably was true and the shi** have moved to different part of it:lol:

I had a spate of egg and stone throwing louts. The police won't respond unless you tell them it's a breach of the peace....and you'll be the one causing it by smacking the the little beggers if you catch them. The police didn't do much for us until we caught one of the hooligans and detained him. (Not something you should do unless you are aware of the law).

Egg doesn't wash off easily. It's taken a jet washer to get it off the fascia boards and the estimated damage they did was around £300. Get on

to the council and log as much as you can. Your MP will be very eager to help right now.

My blinds fell off the window again, rustic looking bamboo that weigh quite a bit. They keep bleeding comming off from the plasterboard wall. Plop straight on my baby peace lilly that is now squashed to death I think:mad:

I am so crap at diy.

what you need are these best ive seen around brilliant for plasterboard fixing

B&Q Nylon Self Drill Plugs With Pan Head Screws Pan (W)4.2 x (L)26mm, 0000005041985

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

he also do a white metal version which comes with self tapping screws which are stronger , most electrical wholesalers do them

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Images/P..._3/FXPBS35.JPG

Kip thanks that's the ones I use, but could not find an image in my rush to post.

I have used those metal ones to hold up a heavy bookshelf with no problems as I say those fixings are the best for plasterboard.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

ofter used to use them to mount telephone systems in offices with plasterboard walls , and my mate who worked for me was 20 stone plus would hang his weight on them just to show they were safe, but then it does depend how the plasterboard was fixed to the wall, eg the batton spaceing behind ut

Edited by kiptower
said hand instead of hang , ooops

Losing in court today and having to pay £6K in costs due to counsel advising judge that they had monitored my thread on CAG and that it is almost endemic for people to use consumer forums and it is rife throughout county courts. He went ballistic at the amount of work we had generated for the bank/solicitors, with a mountain of paperwork (all case judgements provided by counsel) which he flung on his desk!:eek: Silly people - they should have just printed off the relevant parts like we did, and save a few trees;)

Losing in court today and having to pay £6K in costs due to counsel advising judge that they had monitored my thread on CAG and that it is almost endemic for people to use consumer forums and it is rife throughout county courts. He went ballistic at the amount of work we had generated for the bank/solicitors, with a mountain of paperwork (all case judgements provided by counsel) which he flung on his desk!:eek: Silly people - they should have just printed off the relevant parts like we did, and save a few trees;)

Can we have a link to your thread please?

Are you going to appeal?

Can we have a link to your thread please?

Are you going to appeal?

Hi hun

Nice to see you still up and running:p

Link here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/158754-court-action-bos-aa.html

Appeal? Don't think so - its already cost us £11k+ and we'll have to appoint a solicitor which will add to even more costs as I cannot represent OH at an appeal. Counsel is a top barrister for the banks and financial institutions so certainly knows her onions!